Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Does no one read where I stated ONE DI will ALWAYS be on the druid, putting the DI on the other lock without getting in back does beat having it the raid dps increase of the current situation
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

Deleted
    Put it always on a druid, if you don't have any druid in your group, then to spriest. If there's not any of these, just put it on another class which could get a profit of that haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plexiforce View Post
    Does no one read where I stated ONE DI will ALWAYS be on the druid, putting the DI on the other lock without getting in back does beat having it the raid dps increase of the current situation
    If you are asking who is it better on, the holy priest or a dps since the rdruid will already have one the answer is a dps. Follow the chart linked earlier and give it to the person who will do the most dps with it.

It does stack and if you have one lock put it on druid the 2nd lock put it on 1st lock you all 3 will get 9% dot hot 1 lock will get 6% haste and the other gets 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Okay, once more..

Warlock A and B DI eachother, two random people get nothing.
    Both get 6% haste and 9% dot damage.
    That is 12% haste and 18% damage in total!

Warlock A and B DI the two random people.
    Each person has 3% haste and 9% damage.
    In total they get 12% haste and 36% damage.

So.. 12% haste and 18% dmg VS. 12% haste and 36% dmg.
    You do the math!
    Your problem with that logic is it wont be 36% damage.

The guy clearly stated his raid make up. No one else could keep a constant 3 stacks so the 9% will not always be up on the lock or the target.

IMO rogue is already. I toss mine on an assassin rogue and usually get 2 stacks rarely 3.

The reason locks always target a s priest or a druid is because they keep us at 3 stacks. We have a break down for other classes but no one else besides a lock or those 2 can keep us at 3 stacks constantly.

So he has a choice. Increase the rogue by 3% haste his own dots by 6% dam the rogues poison by 6%. The holy priest by 3% haste and 3% healing on his renew only. I forget what the shamen hot is.
    Last edited by Keilith; 2011-03-27 at 02:02 AM.

elitistjerks.com/f80/t111390-destruction_cataclysm_demonic_mage_4_0_6_updated/

I dont know if it will up the link since this is only my second post but if you copy paste and scroll down to dark intent it will give you a priority list of healers and dps on who DI should be buffed on too, if you do not get link Rdruid and then Holy priest(raid healing) are first 2 for heals, and a long list off dps I follow it to the T.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    Your problem with that logic is it wont be 36% damage.

The guy clearly stated his raid make up. No one else could keep a constant 3 stacks so the 9% will not always be up on the lock or the target.

IMO rogue is already. I toss mine on an assassin rogue and usually get 2 stacks rarely 3.

The reason locks always target a s priest or a druid is because they keep us at 3 stacks. We have a break down for other classes but no one else besides a lock or those 2 can keep us at 3 stacks constantly.

So he has a choice. Increase the rogue by 3% haste his own dots by 6% dam the rogues poison by 6%. The holy priest by 3% haste and 3% healing on his renew only. I forget what the shamen hot is.
    As long as you understand what he meant, there's no reason to comment otherwise against him, it'll always be better to DI others, than warlock-warlock.

I got two people commenting and I fully agree about his post. But that is with an ideal situation. My other comment was to OP with his listed makeup and my original post (before I got told) was the best way is for each lock to di the druid or circle.

Side note there is also somthing the 3 locks might have been attempting. We have 3 soft caps for haste atm that our dots get extra ticks. reaching the third isnt really possible but maybe thats what they were trying.

I still agree with you about helping the raid out more over your personal dps.
    Last edited by Keilith; 2011-03-27 at 02:13 AM.

Seems like keilith is the only one that reads or understands my last few posts
    also the shaman dot is flame shock
    What people dont understand is they keep saying the next dps on the list what they dont seem to get after like 4 posts of me repeating myself is the next to are a combat rogue or a ele shaman with both their dps increase plus the locks dps increase DO NOT equal the single dps increase of the lock having it on the druid.
    1952, 1938 < 3000
    I honestly now regret posting this because idk how I expected to get some logical answers from these forums. Luckily the raid leader got on and agreed with my math and the parses for now.
    Last edited by Plexiforce; 2011-03-27 at 03:15 AM.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

given uptime and the people in the raid, SOMETIMES it would be best if warlocks all put DI on each other. That is only is a) healing is never an issue (aka farm content, in which case, you dont have to min/max) and b), no dps class that can keep up 3 stacks.

ppl didnt make the same fuss when mages(when they used to be most arcane) changed their FM buffs in chain.
    and for the ppl who are talking about the raid's good, well i see ur logic but if an average of 4% increase on ur healers' hots will make the difference of a kill for u then u shud do it but i doubt its the case.
    the others who argue about giving it to the top dps, guess u must convince ur dk's to give their hysteria to the top dps too(good luck w that).
    if some still didnt get it, when 3 warlocks exchange DI the buff is ALWAYS at 3 stacks, that doesnt happen even if u place DI on resto druid.

Quote Originally Posted by beels78 View Post
    ppl didnt make the same fuss when mages(when they used to be most arcane) changed their FM buffs in chain.
    and for the ppl who are talking about the raid's good, well i see ur logic but if an average of 4% increase on ur healers' hots will make the difference of a kill for u then u shud do it but i doubt its the case.
    the others who argue about giving it to the top dps, guess u must convince ur dk's to give their hysteria to the top dps too(good luck w that).
    if some still didnt get it, when 3 warlocks exchange DI the buff is ALWAYS at 3 stacks, that doesnt happen even if u place DI on resto druid.
    Thats because when mages FM'd each other, there was no waste with the buff. With DI, only half the buff stacks, meaning locks swapping it does waste some of the buff. From a min-max point of view they arent the same at all. Just from a min-max point of view, decent raids will get the DK to give hysteria to the class that benefits most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Plexiforce View Post
    Resto druid 3000 dps for lock
    No idea where your getting 3k dps from but it's more likely to be around 1900-2000, plus that assumes the warlock is in full 372 BiS gear.. considering your struggling with DPS I highly doubt that, so it's probably a lot less.

From http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0.6-2011-02-07

First and foremost, you should gauge the needs of your group. When learning raid fights or playing with undergeared healers, they should always come first. When you hit enrage timers or wipe because the boss has a burn phase you didn't complete - this is when to consider applying it to DPS classes. I'll leave this up to you.

Is this post confusing? Register and let me know, either by PM or by posting. Let's get this thing readable by everyone

Healer Ranking:

Unfortunately, healing is relative to the encounter and the ability of the people in the group to not take damage. Exact numbers cannot be given, but here is the ranking based on number of crits per minute for healers:

******TO DO: HEALING NUMBERS

1) Restoration Druid
    2) Holy Priest (Raid Healing)
    3) Restoration Shaman
    4) Holy Priest (Tank Healing)
    5) Discipline Priest**
    6) Holy Paladins***

** Some discipline priests will forego Renew entirely, meaning they have much fewer hots than you would expect
    *** Only have a HOT via Glyphing, so you are basically only providing 3% haste to them.

------------------------------------------------------------

DPS Ranking:

TLDR: Dark Intent the Shadow Priest first, and Fire Mage or DPS druids second (let them fight over it, it's hilarious)

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can understand, if both locks put thier DI on the resto druid, they both gain 3k dps. On the other hand, if they put it on the next ppl in the list, there is around a 800dps gain for each of the 4 targets. So, you either have 3k*2=6k dps if both DI are on the druid, or 4*800, or 3.2k dps if its spread around the raid...

OP, from what you have provided, it is best for the raid for both locks to put the DI on the resto druid. You seem to have very good locks, as in order for them both to fain 3k from DI, they must be doing close to 30k per fight. amazing, i think

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    From what I can understand, if both locks put thier DI on the resto druid, they both gain 3k dps. On the other hand, if they put it on the next ppl in the list, there is around a 800dps gain for each of the 4 targets. So, you either have 3k*2=6k dps if both DI are on the druid, or 4*800, or 3.2k dps if its spread around the raid...

OP, from what you have provided, it is best for the raid for both locks to put the DI on the resto druid. You seem to have very good locks, as in order for them both to fain 3k from DI, they must be doing close to 30k per fight. amazing, i think
    Idk where you got that 800dps from because the rogue is only about a 500dps and the ele shaman is only 400dps.
    Also they dont run 30k per fight unless something with a damage boost or multiple targets and then like 24k. although on a normal fight they both were averaging 18.5k where last week with no change in gear or comp just DI was on the druid and he was 18.3k and the one on the holy priest was at 15.6k and we had done that set up for 2 weeks with similar results in dps.

Deleted
    The other night we had 2 locks also and we decided to DI each other we got 6% haste each and kept full stacks.
    You are an idiot, sir. Roll arcane mage.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time we have 2 warlocks in our 10 man group. And a resto druid.
    What we do: both roll.. and the highest roll can DI the resto druid =D

:P

Deleted
    It does stack and if you have one lock put it on druid the 2nd lock put it on 1st lock you all 3 will get 9% dot hot 1 lock will get 6% haste and the other gets 3.
    I'm a mage, and even I know this is complete ********.

Shadow priest gets huge DPS boost, so it normally goes to me (them).
    But some bosses can be hard to heal so we pass to resto druids (25man).

So, with second words, depens on boss fight.