Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    it's exactly the same concept as dota (same map layout for the main map, same game concepts) but has a different "twist" in that you (summoner) can get better talents to improve the heroes you use.

and yes, micro-transactions are not required. I never paid anything out of pocket when I played
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried LoL and HoN at about same time when HoN was in beta and I liked LoL much more. I never played DOTA so I have no idea about this kind of game. LoL was more user friendly and fun then HoN so I sticked to it And Since LoL took over GoA in EU things got much better. I actually quit wow for LoL for some time during end of Wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by mmozz View Post
    The more you play the bigger advantage you have, you can't deny. You can waste real money on heroes.

That is why lol is a joke and real teams, sk, eg, fnatic, msi, play hon.
    You are matched up with players around your own level..... so no, the only advantage is your own skill
    You CAN waste money, its your own choice -.-!
    HoN has deny LoL has WAY more skillshots than HoN have.
    So which one is including more skill and fun?
    The idea of deny your own creeps is just retarded, its the same move as last hitting your enemies creeps. LoL is more focused on killing the other player instead of last hitting 24/7.
    Skillshot have idd higher skillcap then denying as it is a important spell you need to read your enemy with instead of autohit a creep, so the better enemy the better you need to be readminding
    Last edited by Leyon222; 2011-03-29 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyon222 View Post
    Y
    The idea of deny your own creeps is just retarded, its the same move as last hitting your enemies creeps. LoL is more focused on killing the other player instead of last hitting 24/7.
    I agree with most of your post, however i strongly disagree with the quoted assessment. Last hitting is KEY to success. Its vital. I couldnt stress it enough. Auto attacking is unfortunatly as fail as in Dota and maybe more. Main reason is because it will push you WAY too close near ennemy turret, making you very vulnerable to enemy's jungler (because 99% of serious ranked Lol games have junglers). Also auto attack = fail last hit = no gold.

The idea of deny your own creeps is just retarded, its the same move as last hitting your enemies creeps. LoL is more focused on killing the other player instead of last hitting 24/7
    I'm sorry.. I've seen several good points coming from LoL players in this thread, but it's people like this that keep me from taking LoL seriously.

I enjoy Lol because it is constantly updating and listens/responds to community needs which is unlike any online game I've played, ever. Riot is very involved with their community which is part of the reason they are so successful.

Played HoN and LoL in beta and enjoyed LoL for the same reason I enjoyed Demigod, it's DIFFERENT. People who play HoN or use HoN in tournaments obviously do so to keep consistency with DOTA's ruleset. But where people say it's more balanced, I beg to differ. DoTA was never balanced, INT heroes are absolute garbage late game, whereas AP heroes in LoL can actually have a chance late.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowshi View Post
    I enjoy Lol because it is constantly updating and listens/responds to community needs which is unlike any online game I've played, ever. Riot is very involved with their community which is part of the reason they are so successful.

Played HoN and LoL in beta and enjoyed LoL for the same reason I enjoyed Demigod, it's DIFFERENT. People who play HoN or use HoN in tournaments obviously do so to keep consistency with DOTA's ruleset. But where people say it's more balanced, I beg to differ. DoTA was never balanced, INT heroes are absolute garbage late game, whereas AP heroes in LoL can actually have a chance late.
    one my biggest dislikes of LoL is that heroes are being released to fast. They need to spend more time working on balancing the ones they have than adding new broken characters every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play League of Legends and I find it to be much more of a team-oriented game and personally more fun. I had a blast with HoN but discovered HoN is what people say it is: full of elitist snobs that won't hesitate to rip your head off for stepping in their jungle or something. From what I remember with HoN, one hero can carry the whole team (pretty much even 1v5) where as I haven't seen that done as of yet in LoL, and I do about 3 games a night and have been for the past eh.... almost year?

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    one my biggest dislikes of LoL is that heroes are being released to fast. They need to spend more time working on balancing the ones they have than adding new broken characters every week.
    Yeah agree, but i'd like them to fix EU servers FIRST, and also maybe focus on improving the game overall (like the shop, freaking lagging nightmare) and adding the new map soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mmozz View Post
    I'm sorry.. I've seen several good points coming from LoL players in this thread, but it's people like this that keep me from taking LoL seriously.
    Aha so you mean its more fun to last hit your enemies creeps and your own creeps to get gold than to last hit enemy creeps and using your skillshots to kill the other team and by that preventing them from getting gold and XP? Its so nice to only quote 1 part of my text when the whole is connected to that sentence. And besides... taking lol seriously? why would you take any game seriously.. i guess you dont play because its fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    Last hitting is KEY to success. Its vital. I couldnt stress it enough.
    Leveling is the KEY to success. Also, he never said last hitting is not important, he said that LoL lane phase is more focused on killing the enemy than HoN lane phase, because in HoN you also have to watch for creep denying as your opponent can level faster than you without ever touch you.

I enjoy Lol because it is constantly updating and listens/responds to community needs...
    I hope this is sarcasm...

DoTA was never balanced, INT heroes are absolute garbage late game, whereas AP heroes in LoL can actually have a chance late.
    Sorry, you suck on DotA. INT heroes don't scale is a classical from people who never play DotA at high level. DotA became balanced sinced the tournaments started to be "all pick mode"... 2007, I guess? DotA is very balanced, maybe you're bad at DotA, or maybe you don't know what balancement means. (you should read some articles/books about game design =X)

Aha so you mean its more fun to last hit your enemies creeps and your own creeps to get gold than to last hit enemy creeps and using your skillshots to kill the other team and by that preventing them from getting gold and XP? Its so nice to only quote 1 part of my text when the whole is connected to that sentence. And besides... taking lol seriously? why would you take any game seriously.. i guess you dont play because its fun...
    Last hitting, farming, laning, is a huge part of MOBA games.

There is a reason DOTA, a user map for wc3, became its own genre.

Just accept the fact that lol isn't as good as you're trying to make it out to be.

I never played HoN, but I also experienced the terrible balancing issues in DoTA.
    This wasn't meant to be a HoN vs. LoL vs. DoTA thread, as many have stated.

Just a friendly suggestion on a fun, great game to get a break from WoW and other MMOs.

Great responses though. Kudos, internet population... Kudos.

EDIT: I just read a few more, and yes, when I started playing I was a bit turned off by the fact that can't deny; but honestly, I don't think that it takes away from the game at all. I would always get real pissed in DoTA when there would be like 4 allied heroes beating a tower to the ground, and 1 random enemy hero walks up and denies it, and all your hard work just goes out the window. Pretty irritating, I'm sure you'd all agree.

EDIT 2: Also, just to add, League of Legends just came out basically. It's patch is like 1.1 or something. I say that HoN is better then LoL because of the fact that they are sponsored by like, tournaments and shit, is kind of a null point. League does have competitions and tournaments, and they are in their early stages of world-wide game play. In my opinion, League can only get better.
    Last edited by Harrakk; 2011-03-31 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrakk View Post
    I never played HoN, but I also experienced the terrible balancing issues in DoTA.
    This wasn't meant to be a HoN vs. LoL vs. DoTA thread, as many have stated.

Just a friendly suggestion on a fun, great game to get a break from WoW and other MMOs.

Great responses though. Kudos, internet population... Kudos.

EDIT: I just read a few more, and yes, when I started playing I was a bit turned off by the fact that can't deny; but honestly, I don't think that it takes away from the game at all. I would always get real pissed in DoTA when there would be like 4 allied heroes beating a tower to the ground, and 1 random enemy hero walks up and denies it, and all your hard work just goes out the window. Pretty irritating, I'm sure you'd all agree.

EDIT 2: Also, just to add, League of Legends just came out basically. It's patch is like 1.1 or something. I say that HoN is better then LoL because of the fact that they are sponsored by like, tournaments and shit, is kind of a null point. League does have competitions and tournaments, and they are in their early stages of world-wide game play. In my opinion, League can only get better.
    LoL has been out what at least 2 years now? That's still a long time and they still haven't fixed some serious issues (EU servers rofl, loltwomaps, please remove flash, NOOOOOOOW. etc.) But yeh it has only just gotten into serious tournament play and the game is still growing ;O. Epic game, I enjoy it anyway even with its bad points.

This was the first MOBA game I ever played and I played LoL for a while when I tried HoN...I didn't like HoN at all LOL but I think it'd be ok if i got more into it and got used to the differences. If anyone wants to try LoL I'll smurf with you and help you just pm me (I'm EU)
    Last edited by Radaney; 2011-04-21 at 03:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    please remove flash, NOOOOOOOW. etc.)
    Sometimes, I play LeBlanc with flash. Just for the epic trollage of going through 3 walls. Problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove flash?! Love that spell. xD

It's sad. I used to love DotA, but I've never played LoL or HoN. Primarily for the reason very evident in this thread - the communities for both pulled very heavily on the WC3 custom map community which was probably one of the worst I've ever experienced. It's so incredibly unfriendly it makes even great game play intolerable.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.