View Poll Results: Should MMO-Champ turn from being WoW-only to all popular MMOs?

Voters
142. This poll is closed
  • Yes, MMO-Champion should turn into a general popular MMO community.

33 23.24%
  • No, MMO-Champ should stay the way it is now, with OT threads in the OT forums.

109 76.76%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should MMO-Champion become a "real" MMO games forums?

Just an idea, but should MMO-Champion shift from a WoW oriented site to a "popular MMOs" site? I don't want to have a -WoW is dying/no it isn't- argument spew up in this thread, but there has been an increasing number of threads that are related to other MMOs, namely Rift, GW2, and SW:ToR, all kept on the OT forums. Would it not be beneficial for the MMO-Champion community if it became a more overal MMO community instead of just a WoW community?

The forums could be divided into Tabs like you see on browsers, one for WoW, one for Rift, one for GW2, and so on and so on. The news of the front page could be divided into tabs as well, and Boubouille could have people in charge of keeping updates on the other MMOs. This would be able to develop more activity for the site, and it would get MMO-Champion's name out there as not only a WoW fansite but an overall community for MMO gamers. When people leave and join new games, they wouldn't have to leave the MMO-Champion community and could still rely on it to be the one-stop shop. An influx of users would be great for the forums as well, more forum activity and more discussion.

No. Cause Boub would never be able to handle so many games to cover so every game would get like a half done coverage.

Stay as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a billion threads about this in the "Suggestions" forum.

---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 09:58 PM ----------

This link shows all bibi's posts about the subject http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...rchid=26736579

MMO is a popular MMO website. It just so happens that everybody plays WoW. Bou has said it himself in some interview somewhere that if WoW died MMO would follow the next popular game. So I am assuming that the next game this website follows instead of WoW will be Blizz's next MMO.

Also there aren't an increasing number of threads about other MMOs there have always been a lot of posts about other games. Cos its a good forum and people don't just talk about WoW
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

Deleted
    I voted against it. However Curse, being the owner, might decide otherwise one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont mind, just bring the old sword-guy back !!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Please no, would give to much 'crap' to look through when looking for posts/info about the specific game you play. Just keep it as it is
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

Deleted
    No

[end of comment]

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuko View Post
    No. Cause Boub would never be able to handle so many games to cover so every game would get like a half done coverage.

Stay as it is.
    This could be remedied by having different people for each MMO, and according to how the OP has ideas of different tabs for different MMO's it could work, i'd honestly like it a lot.

The site IS called MMO-Champion, but only covers wow :|
    Asdfgh

No, and stop making these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Greandal View Post
    Please no, would give to much 'crap' to look through when looking for posts/info about the specific game you play. Just keep it as it is
    Well, MMO-Champ certainly doesn't need more people who don't read the OP content before commenting. Read the part where I mentioned TABS.

wich different MMOs do you assume?
    Rift, Aion, Warhammer? Its a waste of effort.

I would love to have a perfectly running forum about WoW, then 6 half-arsed forums about 6 different MMOs
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Nope, i really like it as it is...no need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    wich different MMOs do you assume?
    Rift, Aion, Warhammer? Its a waste of effort.

I would love to have a perfectly running forum about WoW, then 6 half-arsed forums about 6 different MMOs
    If you actually read the OP, I stated right there which MMOs would/should be included. /eyeroll

10+ Year Old Account
    There could IMO be a "MMO friday" or sthing where every week, the most important non-wow mmo news gets put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Viros View Post
    If you actually read the OP, I stated right there which MMOs would/should be included. /eyeroll
    We did actually read the OP, you're just not reading the replies past where they disagree with you. The voting is already playing this out, people don't want coverage of other MMO's on this website. Boub himself doesn't want to cover other MMO's. This has been discussed to death over and over again, with the exact same consensus being reached every single time: This a WoW information website, not an information website for other MMO's. It's not going to happen, no matter how many useless threads and polls you make.
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    There could IMO be a "MMO friday" or sthing where every week, the most important non-wow mmo news gets put together.
    We already have that, it's called the MMO-Report and it's posted (usually) once a week on the front page.

I never really got why this site isn't named WoW-Champion (I did read their explanation but they're clearly one-sided and no matter what will happen to WoW I'm sure 20 years from now when no1 will remember it MMO-Champion will still be about WoW) because even now with lots of other successful MMOs they don't have support for them. Guild Wars, Perfect World, City of Heroes, DC Universe Online, Rift, EVE, Cross Fire, Dungeons and Dragons Online, LOTR and so many others have a good player database and are quite well known.

That and it's annoying that when I type MMO on google this is the first site it takes me to >_>. I mean don't get me wrong WoW's the most played RPG but there are other genres and loads of other played games.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    We did actually read the OP, you're just not reading the replies past where they disagree with you. The voting is already playing this out, people don't want coverage of other MMO's on this website. Boub himself doesn't want to cover other MMO's. This has been discussed to death over and over again, with the exact same consensus being reached every single time: This a WoW information website, not an information website for other MMO's. It's not going to happen, no matter how many useless threads and polls you make.

We already have that, it's called the MMO-Report and it's posted (usually) once a week on the front page.
    Was I talking to you when I asked that question? No, I was talking to the person who obviously didn't even read the OP. I was not referring to you at all, I'm sure your opinion is your own, however it does frustrate me when people jump to conclusions without even reading the content of the OP obviously, as he asked a question that was specifically already answered in the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly its called MMO campion not wow champion.
    And they have adds for all the other games here periodically so they should talk about all of them.

Deleted
    Besides there's loads of MMO's out there (not MMORPGs) and would you really want info for all them spamming the front page? Hell if I do!