Things to look for in a Gaming Laptop.

I am always on the move, so I have to settle with Laptops (I miss my old Desktop). I am looking for a new Gaming Laptop, but my problem is I have a phobia against gaming Laptops. It seems that a Modern Laptop is just not able to handle the exact same graphics that my 5 year old Xbox360 can handle just fine. And it doesn't help that Next Gen Graphic Games are going to explode when the new Consoles come out, leaving my older gaming Laptop deeper in the dust.

So, if I were looking for a Gaming Laptop, what would I be looking for? What would I set as a price range? (i have a huge budget for a laptop, but the lower, the better) What computer stats would I be looking at? How long would you say the thing would last before it is dwarfed by Graphics? Any other notes?
    Last edited by Daginni; 2011-03-27 at 06:02 PM.

Can't go really wrong with Asus G73 series if you want just powerful gaming laptop.

Price range of games-worthy laptop is somewhere between $900 (decent) and $2k (comes with everything).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

1.) Cost. Companies like to jerk up prices of laptops more than anything else, because it's a lot harder to put together a laptop yourself than a desktop, and they know this. Your price range, if you're looking to do WoW with some serious other gaming, should be in the 1300-1500 range. If you're looking to play shit like Crysis or Metro on full ultra, you'll want to shoot for something with a Crossfire or SLI setup, 1700+ range. If you want to play WoW, but don't really care about having literally everything on ultra, shoot for the 900-1200 range.

2.) CPU. WoW is more a CPU-game than a GPU-game. At this point in time, if the laptop doesn't have an i7 with sandy bridge architecture, don't bother with it.

3.) GPU. Obviously still important. You can get by with something like a Radeon 6730 for gaming, but you'll be limited to mostly WoW. Running a game like Crysis with that card won't get you too far. GTX 460M and Radeon Mobility 5870 are both excellent cards that won't cost you an arm and a leg.

4.) Reliability. Don't buy from a company that blows Mobos in a month.

5.) Battery Life. Not really super important, but if you want to use your laptop for something other than gaming(web browsing, for example) while on the go, it's nice not to have to plug in every hour.

Personally, I'd suggest an MSI or ASUS in the 1300-1500 dollar range.

Deleted
    http://www.aceroutlet.com/PRD_Produc...Tooth---BluRay

Not sure if it helps but I have that and it plays wow on ultra in 25 man raids perfectly fine. If not there are other ones on that site with i7 processors that are reasonably priced.
    Last edited by mmoc9c4f378ca3; 2011-03-27 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I game on a Sony Vaio. I just upgraded the video card to an ATI mobility Radeon and upgraded to processor to an i5 and it's been great.

Quote Originally Posted by mystichawk View Post
    http://www.aceroutlet.com/PRD_Produc...Tooth---BluRay

Not sure if it helps but I have that and it plays wow on ultra in 25 man raids perfectly fine
    You mean Ultra**. My laptop is better than yours and can't handle full ultra in 25 mans.

**with multisampling, shadows and water on low

I always like to recommend these:
    http://rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dis...ategory_id=189
    Because you can fully customize them and their prices are very competitive (they won't rip you off like the majority of other custom laptop sites).
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

ASUS G73SW

Amazing performance. Friend of mine just got it.