Different languages and Random Dungeons

First off i would like to say it is amazing that this game is such a world phenomenon. Congrats to blizzard for developing something that has lasted so long and in so many countries. I speak japanese, spent 2 years in japan and enjoy other cultures.

That being said i think its about time they added a new feature to the LFG Tool. This new feature would simply be another radio box that you can click that says something to the point of 'Okay to play with people who speak another language'.

There are sometimes that i get a group where no one speaks, everyone does their job its an easy run. There are times that i get a group where 1-4 people speak another language, yet everyone does their job and there are no problems. Yet there are those times when there are problems and there is a language barrier. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.

I'm not saying english speaking should only play with other people who speak english or spanish or whatever language you speak. I'm just asking for a simple option to choose to play with people i know i will understand. When we create our character we aren't assigned a random server that could be in any language, we get the option to choose. All I am asking for is an option to choose.

what do you think?

Deleted
    I'm happy that everyone on the german servers, well...speaks german

hehe when i was gearing up at the start of cata all the pug heroics where err... very full of quite people hardly talked at all. duno if they are fully concentrating on what they where doing or to lazy to type . think the only things i remember is "hey", "hi" etc at start of heroics and "thx 4 group", "cya" etc at the end.

i know this not fully on topic but i am sure if there are enuff people that want this i am sure it would'nt be that hard to add to the game.

Some times u would get in a group with 4 people from the same guild and they speak different language but doesnt bother me that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    People speak other languages than English. However, English is known as the "world language" because it's actually simple to write/speak it.
    I myself am Norwegian born and raised, but that doesn't mean I'm going to speak Norwegian in a random HC.

Sure, some people are shallow enough to speak in their mothertongue (i.e. native speech), not realizing that the other people(s) don't speak it.
    Whilst speaking an another language, people may misunderstand their reason behind speaking their native speech, leading to believe that they mean harm to you.

Currently, you are only able to speak other languages except English on the respective realms/regions. It would be great to implant this mechanism, but I think it'll be to hard for Blizzard to keep tracking of it.

I understand what your saying, and its not a bad option. Especially if we can macro it making it simple for commanding & leading. (not pugs...sometimes premades)

I think it would be a great option to have for bg's as well

When some smartass italian thing says something in italian I start spamming in danish...

Italian people ruines my gaming-experience many times a week, so have to give them just a little bit back

Actually transfered server to get rid of Hakkar, guess what happens next. Blizzard merges the battlegroup with Hakkar and my new battlegroup... Sigh...

And well, whenever people say shit to me, I reply in danish.. Like, I don't care, get a life... Freakazoid....

And... Google translate ftw !
    PuGs is too stupid to understand such complicated boss mechanics as "don't stand in the giant ass fire"

10+ Year Old Account
    I always run my daily heroic with 1-3 of my irl friends.
    If it's just 1 then I keep our conversation in /w, but if I'm with 2 or 3 the randoms in the group will simply have to put up with the Swedish.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

English was the primary language of business when trade really first started to become global. English might not have the most native speakers, but it is the most internationally understood language. The net has only helped to spread its dominance as a global language medium for communication. Chinese might have a lot more native speakers, but its speakers are largely confined to a single speaker. Plus, how many asian, african, and European countries teach english extensively in primary and secondary schools (yes, I know in some of those countries schooling is limited).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Not really, english is the "world language" due to good marketing and the total economic-dominion from the USA over Europe after WW2.
    But it's also because we like to see ourselves as the most important thing in the world.

Spanish, Chinese and Hindustan each have more native speakers than english doesn ^_^
    So you can't really call english THE world language..
    Ahh, details, details! You just have to hate them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but , it would more of be a filter for realms you'd be matched with, IE if i check the box on a us realm i don't go with a latin american realm but can still go with oceanic, people who speak different languages on us realms could not be weeded out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Not really, english is the "world language" due to good marketing and the total economic-dominion from the USA over Europe after WW2.
    But it's also because we like to see ourselves as the most important thing in the world.

Spanish, Chinese and Hindustan each have more native speakers than english doesn ^_^
    So you can't really call english THE world language..
    If we're going to be pedantic, according to the Wikipedia World Languages page English has nearly as many speakers as Hindustani and Chinese combined so I'd say that makes it a World Language : P

On tipic: I've not had much of a problem with non-english speakers in my Heroic groups, the only time it was remotely an issue was when I was in a random heroic group with a four guildmemers who spoke dutch to each other but they did speak English when it came to anything important so it was ok : )

But I don't see any raeson why not to have a language option so it will prefer to match you with other speakers of your own language.

Baaaack on topic, if you'd like to discuss the merits/cons of English as a world language, there's a handy off topic forum.