Thundercall, the tank gun from Vortex Pinnacle

Hey yall.
    My hunter has Zod's Repeating Lonbow.

Was in a group, Thundercall dropped, its a tanking gun, but it still has 417dps compared to Zod's 294. Nobody else could even equip a gun, I took it, should I use it?
    My dps does not seem to have gone up mutch at all with it on training dummy, did 5 mins with each weapon. Am I getting a non-hunter weapon penalty for using it, like not wearing all mail armor for the 5% bonus to agility?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rettypally View Post
    Hey yall.
    My hunter has Zod's Repeating Lonbow.

Was in a group, Thundercall dropped, its a tanking gun, but it still has 417dps compared to Zod's 294. Nobody else could even equip a gun, I took it, should I use it?
    My dps does not seem to have gone up mutch at all with it on training dummy, did 5 mins with each weapon. Am I getting a non-hunter weapon penalty for using it, like not wearing all mail armor for the 5% bonus to agility?
    Well, if you are a troll, you have a racial that increases your critical hit chance while wearing a bow, other then that you should not loose anything by equipping a gun,

For the love of god, use it
    weapon damage is the most important stat in terms of dps.

If you remember wotlk, the 264 trash weapon from ICC was better then any 245 agility weapon, despite having 2.10 speed and strength on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

You're losing the agility on Zod's for strength which definately explains a dps loss, basically. I wouldn't use it. Go for the bow from the last boss in BRC or gun from last boss in VP.
    Alliance 85:Fire/Arcane
    Horde 85: Holy/Retribution Restoration/Elemental Survival/Marksman Restoration/Balance Assassination/Subtlety Shadow/Shadow Unholy/Frost Affliction/Demonology Protection/Arms

Quote Originally Posted by PalliePower View Post
    You're losing the agility on Zod's for strength which definately explains a dps loss, basically. I wouldn't use it. Go for the bow from the last boss in BRC or gun from last boss in VP.
    Don't listen to this guy. It's a gigantic, planet-shatteringly huge upgrade. Use it without shame, replace it as soon as a real hunter weapon drops. Dummy dps isn't really going to change much regardless of what you do; my own dummy dps hasn't changed all the dramatically in 10 ivls worth of gear, dummies are just there for practicing rotation.

Use the strength weapon until you can replace it with either the kickback 5000 the hunter gun or the bow from BRC. Its a massive massive upgrade. The strength is useless and so is parry but it gives you much higher damage than the one you had. Anyone who says otherwise is utterly clueless on how hunter dmg works.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you could also go run BRC a bunch. If you have it, though, use it.

edited:

Havent played my hunter since summer. But ya I figured dps on the weapon was most important. Ill have to run another dungeon to see my dps.

Thanks all, just wanted to confirm, their are allot of weird quirks in this game, just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.
    Last edited by rettypally; 2011-03-27 at 06:55 PM.

No, it's not going to hurt you. The damage range on tanking weapons is, however a much larger gap than the dps ones. My hunter (Barackhobama Grizzly hills) is using the STR gun from BOT trash and over a long fight it is an increase in dps. You'll see some bouts of bad luck though if you go for short periods. Enjoy it until you can get a dps weapon from a heroic or luck out on V&T or atramedes.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliePower View Post
    We are talking about making this change:

-34 Agility
    +123 RDPS

With my gear, FD shows the following stat weights:

Ranged DPS = 4.561
    Agility = 2.935

This means that, in weighting terms, you would be losing 99.79 (34x2.935) and gaining 561.003 (123x4.561) weights.

I'm not sure if you know or not, but 561 is a little bigger than 100 (rounded up). Please don't give information on topics you do not know for sure about yourself.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    We are talking about making this change:

-34 Agility
    +123 RDPS

With my gear, FD shows the following stat weights:

Ranged DPS = 4.561
    Agility = 2.935

This means that, in weighting terms, you would be losing 99.79 (34x2.935) and gaining 561.003 (123x4.561) weights.

I'm not sure if you know or not, but 561 is a little bigger than 100 (rounded up). Please don't give information on topics you do not know for sure about yourself.
    this guy is right^^ stats on guns are almost worthless other then the RDPS even if its a strength gun. RDPS is our best stat by ALOT.