10+ Year Old Account

Question [Healing Priests] How do you like your raid frames?

Greetings fellow priests,
    I was looking to expand my Holy Priest guide with a bit about healing frames, but I've only ever used Grid and mouse-over macro's and thus am far from knowledgeable about the rest.
    So what do healing priests look for in their raid frames, and how do you set them up?
    Which one do you use, and what features do you like in it. Are their any downsides?
    I'm especially interested in people who use the default raid frames.
    I would like to have this topic be about how you set up your raid frames and not about which one is the best. Everyone likes their's best and that's okay, please don't yell at people for using Vuhdo/Healbot/Grid/Blizzard Raid frames...

My raid frames

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    My raid frames are positioned just bellow my character, so I can have a clear look at them all the time.
    Information is displayed in such a way that I can see (pretty much) everything with just one look.
    The top text is the incoming heals from everyone. The bottom text is missing health.
    The top icon (not visible) is for Power Word: Shield and Weakened Soul. The bottom icon is for Raid Debuffs and Mortal Strike type of effects. The left icon is for Magic and the right one for diseases.
    The dots in the corner stand for: top-left: Prayer of Mending, top-right: Renew, bottom-left: Poison and Curses and bottom-right HoT's from other players.
    Last edited by Ynna; 2011-03-27 at 07:14 PM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I use the standard Blizzard UI, scaled as small as I can get. I tried reinstalling Grid this week, but it just didn't seem to fit anymore, and VuhDo felt wrong.

It gives me my expected incoming healing (proportionately based, instead of numbers), tracks my Renew and Mending, and keeps boss debuffs off to the side so I know what to expect, and not wait for an addon to be updated so it can track something.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I use Grid, and keep it centered in kind of the bottom middle of my screen.

I have a renew duration countdown for the bottom text, that changes color as the duration gets lower, from green to orange to red.
    Other corner indicators for the basic stuff, similar to most setups I would imagine. As long as the info is presented easily for you, that's really all that matters. I have the energy bars vertical on the left side of each frame, but again, those little differences won't make a difference.

I have the border color for each frame change to a bright red for Weakened Soul - makes it really easy to see that one.

The raid icon plugin is a must have imo...great for tracking people targeted with various boss mechanics.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Alienas UI with Grid tweaked a little so it shows more things (Grid Side Icons)

Top Icon: Renew
    Left Icon: PoM
    Right Icon: Glyph of PoH
    Bottom Icon: Tanking Cooldowns
    Top Right Icon: PW: S
    Bottom Left Icon: Weakened Soul
    Middle Icon: Boss Debuffs or just General Debuffs
    I like all my Grid Icons having timers, I have the Blizz default raid frames positioned as well just in case I get dcd and Grid fucks up.

~Install Grid Side Icons

+A lot of people forget how to make the Icons have timers, but if you have Omnicc make the "Minimum size to display text" = 1 that way if the icon where the font is supposed to be displayed is super small like the screenshot it will still display the timer.
    +If that doesn't work go to the Status tab in /grid then click on the buff that isn't displaying a timer (i.e. Buff: Renew) and check Show Duration.
    +If that doesn't work go to the Icon(Sides) tab in /grid and make sure that Enable Icon Cooldown Frame is checked. If you want the stacks showing inside the icon (although if you have timers enabled it will barely show, like in the PoM icon in the screenshot above) just make sure that Enable Icon Stack Text in the Icon(Sides) tab is checked also.

I really don't think there's any downsides to Icons inside Grid because you can just show the icon itself without timers and you can also show it as small as possible, because Grid Side Icons lets you size EACH icon (Left, Right, Top, and Bottom). You would know though Ynna since you use side icons as well but for those who haven't tried them I would strongly recommend them.
    [/CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    I use Grid, and keep it centered in kind of the bottom middle of my screen.

I have a renew duration countdown for the bottom text, that changes color as the duration gets lower, from green to orange to red.
    Other corner indicators for the basic stuff, similar to most setups I would imagine. As long as the info is presented easily for you, that's really all that matters. I have the energy bars vertical on the left side of each frame, but again, those little differences won't make a difference.

I have the border color for each frame change to a bright red for Weakened Soul - makes it really easy to see that one.

The raid icon plugin is a must have imo...great for tracking people targeted with various boss mechanics.
    Yeah i've got my spells at the bottom centre and then grid on top of them. I was always furious about people looting mid-fight cause it would pop up over grid though; until I got the addon to move Blizzard frames around that is

Deleted
    I use grid at the bottom of my screen, centered, just over my two action bars (which has been scaled down a lot using dominos). I have it set to horizontal HP bars. I love my frames to be minimalist, small and logical so I use only the side indicator plugin for grid and use logical placement of indicators to make it simple. Magic and Disease debuffs I show as icons in the middle so I know what I'm removing. I have my own borders change depending on which chakra I'm in to make it even easier to know if I need to put chakra up again. On chimaeron, I add center text 2 and set it to current HP so I can easily see who is below 10k.

Deleted
    If i start playing WOW, i used Grid for a long time, but than i find Vuhdo and never came back... I know it's personal taste, but in vuhdo i have all i need (i see CD on tanks, aggro, debuffs, inc. heals), and don't need extra addons like in grid

i know on screen you can't see buffs/debuffs, but simply in corners renew, PoM, shield and debuff from shield. Down left corner next to my hots tank cooldowns and up left corner dispellable debuffs

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    +A lot of people forget how to make the Icons have timers, but if you have Omnicc make the "Minimum size to display text" = 1 that way if the icon where the font is supposed to be displayed is super small like the screenshot it will still display the timer.
    thanks for the tip ive been meaning to find a way to add a timer on the icons that i have

mine is similar but left icon is renew and right icon is power word shield debuff (disc priest)