1. #1
    The Patient Cavus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    273

    Female 30 pin - micro USB male

    Hello everyone,
    I know this is technically for cellphones but it is rather similar to computers so I thought you smart folks here would be able to help me. I am looking for an adapter that would let me plug in a Apple 30 pin charger cord into the female 30 pin side of the adapter and then the other side it would come out as a male micro usb. The reason I need this is that a large amount of my friends have iPhone car docks and chargers and my Droid Incredible has pretty bad battery life (plus its easier to carry around than the actual charger). I am looking for essentially the exact opposite of this:

    http://www.easystreetelectronics.com...breceptor.aspx
    Thanks a ton my fellow MMO-Champions

    PS: This only needs to work for charging I don't mind if it does not work for music

    Proud Member of Respected and Despised (SWTOR USA PST Empire).
    Dark Days are Coming....

  2. #2
    I thought you have a GF that recently gave birth, and... NEVERMIND

    Mod Edit: Infracted. Don't post unless you're going to actually contribute.

    Mod Edit2: Reversed. I didn't realize the age of this post. My apologies. - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2012-01-20 at 05:29 PM.

  3. #3
    The Patient Cavus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post
    I thought you have a GF that recently gave birth, and... NEVERMIND
    What is this... I don't even.....?

    ehhhhhhhhhhh?

    Proud Member of Respected and Despised (SWTOR USA PST Empire).
    Dark Days are Coming....

  4. #4
    Doesn't exist, at least in so far as being able to be found. Your best bet is to keep a USB Battery Pack with you or get one of these http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockXtender.html and modify it. Blame Apple for it's proprietary crap and your friends for using them :/
    Not trying to mock per say, but yeah.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

  5. #5
    The Patient Cavus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    273
    Damn -.-

    Would anyone be able to walk me through modifying a female 30 pin and a micro usb male. IDK about their innards but in theory you should be able to splice them together then reseal them right?

    ---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 09:49 PM ----------

    bump bump

    Proud Member of Respected and Despised (SWTOR USA PST Empire).
    Dark Days are Coming....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavus View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I know this is technically for cellphones but it is rather similar to computers so I thought you smart folks here would be able to help me. I am looking for an adapter that would let me plug in a Apple 30 pin charger cord into the female 30 pin side of the adapter and then the other side it would come out as a male micro usb. The reason I need this is that a large amount of my friends have iPhone car docks and chargers and my Droid Incredible has pretty bad battery life (plus its easier to carry around than the actual charger). I am looking for essentially the exact opposite of this:

    http://www.easystreetelectronics.com...breceptor.aspx
    Thanks a ton my fellow MMO-Champions

    PS: This only needs to work for charging I don't mind if it does not work for music

    http://www.cablejive.com/universal-dock-converter

  7. #7
    The Patient Cavus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    273
    Buuuumpppppp

    Mod Edit: Infracted. Bumps aren't allowed per forum rules.

    Mod Edit2: Reversed. I didn't realize the age of this post. My apologies. - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2012-01-20 at 05:29 PM.

    Proud Member of Respected and Despised (SWTOR USA PST Empire).
    Dark Days are Coming....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavus View Post
    Buuuumpppppp
    Ayako already linked you what you asked for:


    So there's no need to carry on asking. Also, don't bump threads.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Ayako already linked you what you asked for:


    So there's no need to carry on asking. Also, don't bump threads.
    Especially after they've been solved?

    This one will even let you listen to the audio portion Through the radio if you want.

  10. #10

    30 pin apple female to usb!

    So where can you get this cable? and what is it called?

    The thread is over 9 months old. Create a new thread to ask your question since the original posters in the thread may still not be around to answer your question.

    - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-01-20 at 05:16 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •