I Quit WoW...so i need a new game

i quit WoW about 3 weeks ago, and ive yet to find a "replacement" game.

i need some suggestions
    i dont really want a new MMO

if you could give a cheap suggestion, ex: TF2
    and a expensive suggestion, ex: Black ops... that would be great

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello kitty island adventure? I myself have been playing Mass effect, Mass Effect 2 and recently DA2 (while logging on to WOW occasionally). TF2 is awesome. But MMO wise thats a hard call. I'm waiting for SWTOR but that may not be your cup of tea.
    Last edited by Khraine; 2011-03-28 at 12:08 AM.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account
    Get Gamefly and find something. if you wanted mmo id say rift.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Try out hello kitty island adventure. And no, Khraine did not beat me to it, I am also suggesting it.

Also, you should try out the search function on the forums instead of posting a new thread asking the same question as limitless other just as useless threads.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Sounds like you need to come back to WoW since you can't find anything else to replace it

10+ Year Old Account
    why did you quit in the first place then?

There's a few I've been toying around with:

Spiral Knights' beta ends tonight and goes live on April 4th. It's like the SNES Zelda and Diablo had a love child. The only problem is you're very limited to how much you can play or craft unless you drop some money on "crystal energy".

I got sucked into Dragon Saga by a friend I used to play WoW with. It feels a little like the old side-scrolling beat 'em ups from the 90s, but you'll have to like repetition because you'll run most of the dungeons 10-20+ times while leveling. They just had a major update, but the playerbase seems kinda small.

But if you're looking for a WoW-like game, stick to Rift or LotRO or DDO or so on and so on.

Buy "The Orange Box" from steam, then buy the game "garrysmod" i have wasted over 600 hours on garrysmod,I truly cannot explain how the game plays, just a few suggetions of online gamemodes for garrysmod.
    1. trouble in terriorist town - think clue... but way more aggresive...
    2. zombie survival - L4D with up to 30 players, you die you become special infected.
    orange box=29.99
    garrysmod=9.99
    YOU MUST HAVE THE ORANGE BOX FOR GARRYSMOD TO WORK,
    Counterstrike source is also highly reccomended when you buy garrysmod

*DISCLAIMER* the garrysmod community is a bit...eccentric
    Last edited by Geronis; 2011-03-28 at 12:21 AM. Reason: lol spellin

10+ Year Old Account
    minecraft! can never go wrong.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

If you like PvP, play bloodline champions, its a free game thats is a WoW arena clone sorta but its balanced and skill based

hold out for diablo 3

Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are GREAT suggestions. I recently beat them both in preparation for ME3 due out later this year. Sooooo much re-playability there as different classes, mission choices and party members. EXCELLENT story, decent graphics (though outdated a bit) and a lot of fun.

See if you can beat ME2 with everyone surviving (like me!)

Also, Bioshock. Probably the BEST single player FPS game story I've ever witnessed. Yes, I think it's better than Half-Life 2. Bioshock 2 is ok. Still a decent one. Bioshock: Infinite is probably going to be the best of the three. We'll see though.

If you want a LOOOOONG RPG game that's cheap, look up Dungeon Siege 2. I put about 24 hours into it before quitting and I had only explored like...1/3rd of the map.

EDIT:
    Look up Firefall. It's due out later this year. It's a free-to-play MMOFPS with a Borderland-esk art style. Look up the walkthrough!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronis View Post
    Buy "The Orange Box" from steam, then buy the game "garrysmod" i have wasted over 600 hours on garrysmod,I truly cannot explain how the game plays, just a few suggetions of online gamemodes for garrysmod.
    1. trouble in terriorist town - think clue... but way more aggresive...
    2. zombie survival - L4D with up to 30 players, you die you become special infected.
    orange box=29.99
    garrysmod=9.99
    YOU MUST HAVE THE ORANGE BOX FOR GARRYSMOD TO WORK,
    Counterstrike source is also highly reccomended when you buy garrysmod

*DISCLAIMER* the garrysmod community is a bit...eccentric
    The place to go to do this is the Steam Garry's Mod page. You will need to have a copy of Steam from Steampowered.com if you haven't already done so. Steam is free. Garry's Mod 10 costs $9.95 (£5.99) excluding any local taxes. You will need to own another Source game such as Counter Strike Source in order to be able to play. Garry's Mod (Gmod 10 for short) will probably not be sold commercialy in store outlets.

Meaning, you only need to buy CSS and then Garry's Mod, no need to buy the orange box.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind GotY
    The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion GotY
    The Witcher Enhanced Edition
    Guild Wars GotY
    StarCraft II

Just to name a few that will last you a good while.
    "I can't take HIS money... I can't print MY OWN money... I have to work for money, why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson

Steam: Zolgar
    360: Thumbtack Jayk

U might not be into a new MMO thing, but try vindictus, if u don't want an MMO that makes u feel u gotta play hours and hours on end to fill stasified its a great game.

If your skills are good you can solo most of the content there anyways, group finding is a bit more lax and commitments are nil.

Other than that suggestions:
    1. Wait, if u have any games in mind (see 2)
    2. Look up new releases up and coming releases, read reviews video search gameplay
    3. Switch to console games
    4. Some random ideas (popular new releases i heard of)-Crysis 2, KZ3, CoD, dragon Age 2, Marvel vs Capcom. Oh SC 2 was already said, but i guess u might need a taste for RTS games, even still SC2 is different.
    5. Play some simple, cheap or f2p games offered all over the net.

I myself do not have a an up to date console, but desire one, so if you do see good games for them cause I haven't followed them, rather just hear about games from my group of friends.

Mmo? World of Warcraft I hear is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Finally someone uses the Second Amendment for what it was meant for: Shooting people who do stuff you don't like.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are some great lists of both MMOs and non-MMOs in our video game forum.