Thread: Atramedes Sound

Deleted

Atramedes Sound

Hi this is not so much a tact help question.

My 25man have trouble avoiding sound, we moan but it still happens i was wondering if anyone knew of a addon which would monitor sound and RW when someone hits say over 80 sound,
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-03-28 at 06:35 PM.

Deadly bossmods does it. You shouldn't start worrying about sound when someones at 80, you should be worrying about it ALL THE TIME. There's no other way about it, people should always watch for anything that generates sound and always avoid it. Its not difficult at all.

There's an addon called atramedes that does it.

There's an addon called Deadly Boss Mods that does it.

Stop raiding with bad players, that will help your sound levels too. That's literally the simplest mechanic to avoid in the game.

what or who is artramedes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthyboi View Post
    what or who is artramedes
    I belive its the AIR phase of Atramades just missing a "i" (enough trolling for now hehe)

Anyways deadly boss mods has a sound table showing ppl above 40? sound. Done this boss for the first time yesterday and there is that table appearing.

Deleted
    I don't know why but for some reason the simplest mechanics seem difficult for some people to grasp. We can farm BWD normal pretty comfortably now but for some reason we have more wipes on atremedes than any other boss, I still see people who are targeted by sonic breath run the wrong way... and CONTINUE to run the wrong way even though they are clearly following the rest of the dps. If you only had their performance vs atremedes to judge them by you'd think they were the worst baddie ever, but they're perfectly competent EXCEPT for their apparently inability to tell their left from their right. -_-

Valiona and Theralion for us - everything goes smoothly, we look like we know what we're doing .... then someone yells "Deep Breath!" and suddenly everyone turns into a headless chicken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Addmagnet View Post
    Valiona and Theralion for us - everything goes smoothly, we look like we know what we're doing .... then someone yells "Deep Breath!" and suddenly everyone turns into a headless chicken.
    LOL I forgot about that. Yeah we have issues in our group with people relying too heavily on DBM/raid leader to tell ppl what to do and when to do it, then you get people shouting out incorrect info over vent trying to pre-empt Valiona which causes people to run around like headless chickens.

Uhm, perhaps you shouldn't moan if you don't wanna generate sound. :P

Or if that's necessary moan on a bit lower volume...
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

On normal mode, you have some gongs to spare, so somebody with a boss mod like DBM can watch for somebody getting high sound and gong to save them (usually only worthwhile if it's several somebodies).

On heroic, there are no spare gongs, so if you get high sound you die or you figure a way to not die all on your own.

What's giving you sound? If you're getting it from modulation and searing flame, that's going to happen unavoidably. If you're getting hit by the breath or the pulses or bombs or obnoxious, that's all avoidable, and needs to be avoided. One of our guildmates wrote an add-on that works similarly to PCdefileonme (from the Lich King fight), flashing a blue or red screen depending on whether or not you're the one targeted by breath. That's because for our guild the breath was the hardest mechanic to master. (It's called Sonic Breath, on Curse.) But depending on your specific struggles, you may have other needs.