Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish View Post
    Step 1) Invite friend into raid
    Step 2) Go into raid instance
    Step 3) Remove friend from raid

It won't remove you from the instance as long as you removed your friend from the group. If they leave or if you leave, you get kicked out, but for some reason you are allowed to stay and solo if you remove them.
    Incorrect. I invite randoms and ignore them until they leave, has absolutely no affect on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    How did you manage to tame a Troll as a Seagull?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    Or you can do what i do ...
    /who Stormwind 10-50
    then just keep inviting till someone accepts, change to raid then enter and ignore them until they leave the group.
    How to make friends and influence people...

Seriously, you are going to annoy/inconvenience people, most of whom are probably new to the game. Its not nice.

Just for a start, you could end up getting someone booted out of a LFG queue if they accidentally accept. A newbie busy questing might suddenly not be able to complete objectives and not know why.

Surely asking a friend to form a raid with you for a minute is much easier? In the very least ask someone nicely. Or mail a few gold to the lowbie, for their help. WoW is a social game.

Selfish people doing this sort of thing ruins it for others. Sure, if one or 2 people do this it doesn't really have any real impact, but when a whole bunch of people start following this tactic it becomes a very real nuisance. It destroys the community spirit on a server and ultimately makes for a poorer gaming experience for everyone.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 04:23 PM ----------

It won't remove you from the instance as long as you removed your friend from the group. If they leave or if you leave, you get kicked out, but for some reason you are allowed to stay and solo if you remove them.
    You will only get removed from the instance if you leave the raid (either by leaving or getting kicked). If the other person leaves (or is kicked) you will remain in the instance.

The only problem with this idea is if you leave the instance you will have to form a new raid to get in. IIRC this could be an issue if you manage to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some bosses i have soloed on my hunter is.
    1. maggy (500g)
    2. whole kara (only 50g per boss)
    3.gruul (250 per boss)
    4.TK all of them except for kael (250 each)
    and almost all of the vanilla content
    But do it fast before they nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    How to make friends and influence people...

Seriously, you are going to annoy/inconvenience people, most of whom are probably new to the game. Its not nice.

Just for a start, you could end up getting someone booted out of a LFG queue if they accidentally accept. A newbie busy questing might suddenly not be able to complete objectives and not know why.

Surely asking a friend to form a raid with you for a minute is much easier? In the very least ask someone nicely. Or mail a few gold to the lowbie, for their help. WoW is a social game.

Selfish people doing this sort of thing ruins it for others. Sure, if one or 2 people do this it doesn't really have any real impact, but when a whole bunch of people start following this tactic it becomes a very real nuisance. It destroys the community spirit on a server and ultimately makes for a poorer gaming experience for everyone.
    The social side of WoW has been long dead and will never return, right now it’s every man for himself. Yes, it might inconvenience some newbie, but do I care? Not in the slightest. It makes no difference to me, harsh I know, but that’s life. So get used to it.

Anyway it will be good for them, teach them lessons and wont rofl-lichking-hold their hand through the bloody game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    How did you manage to tame a Troll as a Seagull?

Deleted
    you know what? I'm sick of blizzard's faulty buggy encounters! I just tried to solo Magtheridon. Used to do it every week but this week it's jinxed or something. First time i engage him and he just vanishes and resets at about 5% hp.
    Second time he resets at 50% hp... I'm like "ok... this is annoying... i'll guess i'll give it one more try and just walk away if he resets again"

Guess what...

He reseted!

...at 1%.

Haha Glide, i know what you mean, i tried Magtheridon 3 times today, he reset on the lowest of 10% for me, which is irritating as hell.

During this i also changed positions of tanking him, yet to no avail.

Also, for Soloing you can do PoS and FoS heroics, they are very doable as a DK solo, Although i wouldnt try and do HoR, as that is likely going to be miles harder.

Id say Naxx would be one to look at too, the majority of the encounters in there should be doable, i know KT is, as ive done this myself (was a group, but i was the only one left alive due to some freak ice tomb accident), you just need to move away from the void zones, and its easily doable.

The others in Naxx i can think of which should be doable, are Noth, Heigan, Patchwerk (although dps maybe a factor) Grobbulus perhaps, Sapphiron, and the majority of the spider quarter too... i will likely try these next time i have a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is Magtheridon, it usually takes me 15m to make 500g on him. Don't farm any others other than him.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 10:44 PM ----------

Step 2) Go into raid instance
    Step 3) Remove friend from raid

Nah, if they leave, you won't be removed either. It only removes you if you leave.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Glide View Post
    you know what? I'm sick of blizzard's faulty buggy encounters! I just tried to solo Magtheridon. Used to do it every week but this week it's jinxed or something. First time i engage him and he just vanishes and resets at about 5% hp.
    Second time he resets at 50% hp... I'm like "ok... this is annoying... i'll guess i'll give it one more try and just walk away if he resets again"

Guess what...

He reseted!

...at 1%.
    Stay in the corner, it'll not reset if you do that. But if you take him to the middle or some other place after being in the corner he will despawn.
    Happened the same with some times. =/
    Gorebag Blood|Unholy Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    Too many of you are doing it the hard way... Once in a raid group, the other member can leave and you will still be in said group. None of this alt logging is necessary.
    BUT...if you die you're unable to get back into that raid unless you get invited back into a raid group.

So don't die, I guess.

well, ive tryed bt. could get past 1. boss, apparently i need a 2nd grp member to break his shield with some sort of spear or whatoever.
    hyjal i wasnt able to enter cause i aint got no key
    where the heck is gruul, and is ssc maybe worth a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Glide View Post

Guess what...

He reseted!

...at 1%.
    They don't design encounters for soloing. It's not buggy if you're doing it in a way that they didn't intend.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Warhunt View Post
    Invite a friend who is online using your alt. - In party so far, your alt and your friend (2)
    Convert the group to a raid - In raid so far, your alt and your friend (2)
    Pass leader to friend - Log off - In raid, your firend, your logged off alt
    Log on to your main, get friend to invite you and pass leader to you - In raid, your main, your friend and your logged off alt.
    Friend can leave after this point if need be.

or just invite someone, conveert to raid and kick them

enough discussion about how to make a raid group, jesus christ.

with the changes to blood shield in 4.1 the following oft-soloed raids will still be doable (gold figures are boss drops only, trash drops ~1.5g per mob worth of stuff):

- MC
    - kara (not going to be worth it gold-wise)
    - magtheridon (likely not worth it, but who knows)
    - kazzak (gold may be nerfed, but he takes about 60 seconds to kill and his boes still sell for a few hundred each on the ah)
    - doomwalker if he's up
    - gruul's lair (maulgar will likely still drop 250g, but can't be soloed by bad players)
    - TK 4/4 (1050g + drops)
    - SSC 5/6 (1250g + drops)
    - hyjal 6/6 (1550g + drops but trash takes quite a long time to clear)
    - BT 4 bosses if you duo najentus (875g + drops)
    - naxx10 plague, spider wings, sapphiron/KT (~1400g + drops)
    - ulduar FL/ignis/XT/kologarn/auriaya/freya's 3 elders

what is -not- doable that I at least do now:

- patchwerk
    - instructor razuvious
    - later ulduar bosses

so nothing much is changing for us other than the really ridiculously easy bosses (mag, kara) having their gold nerfed so it won't be worth the time for your dk alt in vashjir greens to go do them.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    just aoe farm in twilight highlands, 2.2k an hour

10+ Year Old Account
    MC is actually very profitable due to Ingots and Lava / Fiery cores. Ingots can go for 1-2k on my realm.
    Hi