Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Is levitate broken?

Hi fellow priests.

From a few weeks on, I've noticed that, when I cast levitate to fish in the middle of a lake (for instance in SW or Tol Barad), sometimes I sunk and jumping doesn't get me "flying" over water immediately, at least at a first try. And when walking over water, sometimes I sink (with the buff still on and without taking any damage).

Does this also happen to you?

I can't say that it does.
    Disc/Shadow Priest

Not In anyway, sounds strange...

Deleted
    Had that few months ago when it was still 2min one. Tol barad to be exact. I jumped out, levitate on but i still sank back. After few tries it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagefault View Post
    Hi fellow priests.

From a few weeks on, I've noticed that, when I cast levitate to fish in the middle of a lake (for instance in SW or Tol Barad), sometimes I sunk and jumping doesn't get me "flying" over water immediately, at least at a first try. And when walking over water, sometimes I sink (with the buff still on and without taking any damage).

All the time. I have to continually jump in a forward motion to get back "on the water" and if I strafe at all I "sink" again. I am glad it is not just me because it sure is annoying.

If you angel your direction downwards while running you sink in.

As in start running forwards, hold right click, aim the camera down.

Hope I helped!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

Deleted
    I think they hotfixed it to make sure people didnt glitch up to places and such. And effed it up in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathanis View Post

Hope I helped!
    I wonder if I do that. I tend to move camera angles constantly and maybe I missed the correlation between the 2 things.

Hope I helped!
    This only happens from a certain angle, but the bug its not due to that.
    When I sink, if I'm not moving, neither forward nor backward, after I jump I don't always end up floating over water.

Hi fellow priests.

I have this happen to me on my priest and shaman when I am close to where a node spawns. Anytime I am standing over an area where I just mined/herbed/fished I will sink through instead of sitting on top of the water. I usually have to move a few yards away to get back to normal.

~Rev

Enjoy your American Freedom (void where prohibited)
    Land of the Free*
    *Some conditions apply. See in-country for details. Void where prohibited. No cash value. Offer expires September 11, 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    I think they hotfixed it to make sure people didnt glitch up to places and such. And effed it up in the process.
    my fault here, i exploited levitate in WSG and would go behind the buildings or on zones people couldnt get and /wait for my team to win.
    leroy jenkins may live on...LEEEROOOOOOYYYYY JENKINSSSSSS

It is bugged... that happens if you you're "looking down", it works like it was flying if you turn with your mouse slighty down you sink
    Kaeldin the Flamebreaker, lvl 85 Blood Elf Priest [Grim Batol EU]

There is never enough haste to compensate for bad DPS or a stupid tank.
    You can't heal stupidity.

Hi fellow priests.

Yes =( about a month ago I was trying to fish and kept falling into the water. I put in a ticket about it and Blizz had no idea there was a bug with it. Mine is working fine now, but when it was 'broken' it wasn't working on anyone.

It's all about your camera angle, as it has been for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeldin View Post
    It is bugged... that happens if you you're "looking down", it works like it was flying if you turn with your mouse slighty down you sink
    Its not a bug, if you look down with the right mouse button you sink. Its so that you can go underwater and resurface without having to cancel buffs and recast. If you look down with left mouse button you will not sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutah View Post
    Its not a bug, if you look down with the right mouse button you sink. Its so that you can go underwater and resurface without having to cancel buffs and recast. If you look down with left mouse button you will not sink.
    sry I switched the buttons XD I meant there's a bug in the camera... if I look down just with the camera angle you sink
    Kaeldin the Flamebreaker, lvl 85 Blood Elf Priest [Grim Batol EU]

There is never enough haste to compensate for bad DPS or a stupid tank.
    You can't heal stupidity.

Deleted
    Since they changed the duration, I regularly experience the same phenomenon (i.e. jump out of the water w/ levitate and fall down one or more times). Either it's buggy or something about the mechanics subtly changed.

On the same note - when I go underwater w/ levitate I literally walk under water (BRAAAAINS...I'm Undead^^) whether I am "midwater" or on the ground - I certainly didn't do that before either. If this was intended and advertised before I must have missed that.
    Last edited by mmoc45a09e01f6; 2011-03-28 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s1l1c0n View Post
    Since they changed the duration, I regularly experience the same phenomenon (i.e. jump out of the water w/ levitate and fall down one or more times). Either it's buggy or something about the mechanics subtly changed.

On the same note - when I go underwater w/ levitate I literally walk under water (BRAAAAINS...I'm Undead^^) whether I am "midwater" or on the ground - I certainly didn't do that before either. If this was intended and advertised before I must have missed that.
    I noticed that too the other day. Went to Vash'jir on my priest with levitate on, and was running through the water, and I believe it had even given me sea legs too while doing that lol

Quote Originally Posted by s1l1c0n View Post
    I've known this for ages, I haven't decided to make a thread on the official forums, however, because I like it!

Hope I helped!
    I've noticed it seems like the angle downward can be a lot less now and you still go in. I've had the same problem, it's not a big deal, just kind of annoying.