Poll: Do you use Sticky Targeting?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've never really tried.. But I'm gonna turn it on for a bit since people here have said it can be a fair bit useful in PvP and I see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Yeah, clicking the floor or whatever to move my self or the camera and de-targeting someone is annoying as hell. I don't know why you wouldn't use it, you can easily hold alt(default) to heal your self. I really don't see how people could play without it. :/
    Auto self-cast is there for a reason... will cast on yourself if you have a enemy target and cast on friendly target if you have a friendly target.

Holy shitstorm I cannot believe that people are actually playing this turned off. I would get so freaking annoyed with this turned off.

Edit: Also, whats up with all the people saying how they need to target themselves for casting heals, isnt like everybody using hoverover macro on their raidframes these days? you can keep the boss selected througout the fight and still cast all needed stuff on every raid member (including yourself) by using hoverover macros..
    Last edited by Lorretine; 2011-03-28 at 11:08 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once I came across it and turned it on, I've had a hard time playing without it. Often times in PvE and PvP I accidentally left click when turning, or the rare chance I have to manually click something. It was minorly annoying to have to hit escape to deselect, but after a few weeks it became second nature, same with tab. It annoys me at just the thought of missing up time on a boss, or missing a high pressure PvP kill just because I missclicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by tremors
    Divine Shield.. Never really stood the hole point of the "oh look at me im in a shiny bubble" I mean come on what does that shit even do?! Pointless waist of mana imo.

Ive never ever played with it turned on since vanila cause it annoyed the shit out of me, but tab-targeting can be pretty awfull also. Might just try it to see how bad it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by frank2312 View Post
    Auto self-cast is there for a reason... will cast on yourself if you have a enemy target and cast on friendly target if you have a friendly target.
    So auto self cast stops me from de-targeting someone whilst moving my char/camera? That's new...

De-targeting someone can cause a wipe if you're a healer(unless you mouse-over, of course), and be a dps loss if you're a DPS, I don't know why people don't have it turned on. You don't need to remove your target someone before you target someone else, and a simple escape will stop your attacks.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-03-28 at 11:44 PM.

At first, I never used Sticky Targeting because I never knew the option was there in settings, lol. But once I found out, I turned it on to try it out and I like it very much now. I am still using it.

At first, I didn't use it. But recently, I found I kept losing my targets, due to me accidentally clicking the game screen. I am a pvper. So I decided to turn on Sticky Targeting. And it helps me so much! I don't think I can play without this Sticky Targeting. It is a godsend for me.

I can't play without it now.

I don't have to worry about accidentally de-selecting my target any more, lol.

Thank you, Sticky Targeting!

Definitely not. It is for clueless noobs tbh.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used it. Just press escape to clear your target.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    Nope, It's the easiest way to ninja pull as a hunter and I turned it off the first day I started up WoW years ago.
    I thought Barrage was the easiest way to ninja pull as a Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I thought Barrage was the easiest way to ninja pull as a Hunter.
    Barrage didn't exist when that post was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    Barrage didn't exist when that post was made.
    Oh wow someone really necro'd this thread. 5 years Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I've always used it. Just press escape to clear your target.
    That can be cumbersome. Escape is a reach from 1-5, QWEASD and whatever other keys you should have your rotational skills bound to, not to mention shift or ctrl modifiers for macros and such.

Deleted
    Wow, so many claim it to be a bad thing to have it on?

So you actually enjoy the fact that in any sort of combat, you auto-target a random and when you wanted to self-cast anything on that moment, then that cast goes on the targeted instead.

I've always used it on and solved my only problem with a self-targeting function(not a modifier but literally targeting self). Due to it, I haven't macroed a modifier for self-casting purposes into any spells. Saving me a lot of button space in total or opening up an extra modifier. (And yeah, as far mouseover macroes goes, they are kind of a different topic in comparison but I use them too, with everything in fact).

There's nothing more annoying than a random targeting happening because something hit you.

Oh and btw, selecting someone on the screen works. The only thing you lose with it *on* is that simplicty of clicking on empty space to detarget someone(instead of having to hit escape, which isn't too cumbersome on some keyboards actually) but with it *off* gain an unnecessary element in any sort of combat whenever you *clear your target* for whatever purpose and then get screwed over by someone whaling at you.

It feels as most of you think of "sticky" as in literally, can't target something else once you've targeted something but that isn't true.
    Either that or I'm confusing something else here, because I don't get the dudes calling people noobs for using it.
    In fact, I'd call you the noobs for not using it.

----

On another note, with it off, well idk, maybe pvp healers can get some better use out of it but heck even then, it's still better with it on now the more I think about it.

I put it on when I first went through the settings back when I started playing, and haven't touched or thought about it since.
    Yet to see anyone provide an actual downside here.

I'm a healer, I have it set to on.
    I hate random targeting of the last damage source during raids.
    I use my mouse to move my camera a lot (well more like move it back a lot), especially when I play disc because penance is stupid and constantly turns your character when you heal someone somewhere, same for monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never used it.
    As a multoidot Shadowpriest I'm busy constantly switching targets anyway. ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Having to keep pressing escape when manually cycling through trash mobs is too much of a dps loss, also 2011 wants it's thread back.

Yeah i'm like some other folks that only used it when it was automatically turned on by a patch. I hated that shit so much so I sat down and sifted through the options till I found how to turn it off.

Absolutely terrible feature.

If I click on an empty space, it's because I want to de-select my target. If you "accidently" click on an empty space, well, honestly that is just because you have no coordination and are clumsy as hell. Shouldn't need a feature to "protect" you from shit that should never happen. It's like getting insurance against being trampled by a rhino and eaten by a lion afterwards when you live in the suburbs. You would have to do something just incredibly stupid to ever have it be useful to you.

And lawl at the necro.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.