Thread: Fire on the PTR

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fire on the PTR

So hey guys i havent had the time to mess around with the PTR too much but with the changes to ignite in the PTR whats the DPS look like have you seen any big gains or drops in DPS? Just wondering what to expect since there has been no posts about changing anything since the one about changing ignite. anyways just wanted to see if anyone had some results they could give me a heads up on. Thanks All.
    Subete wa nani mo sa re, shōkyo wa subete, hakai suru koto subete, watashi wa, monsutā o, watashi wa Epyon gozen
    ZeerØ Lvl 85 Fire Mage (Eonar)

15+ Year Old Account
    The current changes are about a 200 DPS loss.
    BfA Beta Time

Thanks Swizzle ! although that doesnt seem to be much of a loss its still not pushing our numbers to be a little more on par with some other classes but still not bad or i should say not as bad as what i thought it would be.
    Subete wa nani mo sa re, shōkyo wa subete, hakai suru koto subete, watashi wa, monsutā o, watashi wa Epyon gozen
    ZeerØ Lvl 85 Fire Mage (Eonar)

Deleted
    fiire mage is dead as single target dps.
    even frost is better as single target dps.

Deleted
    Question would be, how do other classes' dps change after patch ? If we get 200 less, but lets say everybody else gets 500 less ? Not much reason to cry then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locks get buffed, Warriors get buffed slightly, DKs stay roughly the same, Hunters stay the same...Spriests stay about the same, Arcane gets buffed.

Can't remember other classes, but that's how it stands. Fire wasn't in the top specs to begin with.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Locks get buffed, Warriors get buffed slightly, DKs stay roughly the same, Hunters stay the same...Spriests stay about the same, Arcane gets buffed.

Can't remember other classes, but that's how it stands. Fire wasn't in the top specs to begin with.
    Yup. We need a buff based on what's on the PTR right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangheiili View Post
    Yup. We need a buff based on what's on the PTR right now.
    So true...

In before people linking stateofdps.com saying "SHUT UP MAGES ARE OP BUFF <X CLASS> INSTEAD"

Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    So true...

In before people linking stateofdps.com saying "SHUT UP MAGES ARE OP BUFF <X CLASS> INSTEAD"
    Apparently we missed the part where 4.1 was going to change all cata boss encounters to Patchwerk with more HP. :P

Quote Originally Posted by invictusordead View Post
    fiire mage is dead as single target dps.
    even frost is better as single target dps.
    Bullshit, i do miles better dps as fire single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayzee View Post
    Bullshit, i do miles better dps as fire single target.
    I could be wrong here, but i believe on a Patchwerk type fight arcane is actually higher DPS than fire if played properly on both ends. Whether your DPS is better as arcane or not is insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    I could be wrong here, but i believe on a Patchwerk type fight arcane is actually higher DPS than fire if played properly on both ends. Whether your DPS is better as arcane or not is insignificant.
    Single target != Patchwerk.

Arcane only sims out greater than fire with BiS heroic gear. Haven't run into any arcane mages who've surpassed fire (or even frost) on Argaloth, for example.

There's the theory and simulation, and then there's real life. Often, the two don't see eye to eye
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    Single target != Patchwerk.

Arcane only sims out greater than fire with BiS heroic gear. Haven't run into any arcane mages who've surpassed fire (or even frost) on Argaloth, for example.

There's the theory and simulation, and then there's real life. Often, the two don't see eye to eye
    While it's true BiS arcane performs better. Just because that's a fact doesn't mean Arcane is under Fire simply because of that fact. And just because you haven't seen anyone surpass fire on single targets doesn't mean they cannot. Your own theory's are no better than mine without proof. The fact that we do not see eye to eye is no secret.

While it's true BiS arcane performs better. Just because that's a fact doesn't mean Arcane is under Fire simply because of that fact. And just because you haven't seen anyone surpass fire on single targets doesn't mean they cannot. Your own theory's are no better than mine without proof. The fact that we do not see eye to eye is no secret.
    Fair enough - I would offer a bounty though, if someone could show them wrecking a single-target fight on arcane and failing to do so on fire.

Even the link to that-one-dps-site-that-everyone-has-mixed-feelings-on fails to show arcane beating fire on any fight (single target or otherwise). It does, however, show it surpassing frost.

I was an arcane whore in LK and am curious if I could get strong DPS out of the spec.

Not curious enough to reforge my gear to +mastery, mind you...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Fair enough - I would offer a bounty though, if someone could show them wrecking a single-target fight on arcane and failing to do so on fire.

Even the link to that-one-dps-site-that-everyone-has-mixed-feelings-on fails to show arcane beating fire on any fight (single target or otherwise). It does, however, show it surpassing frost.

I was an arcane whore in LK and am curious if I could get strong DPS out of the spec.

Not curious enough to reforge my gear to +mastery, mind you...
    We'd be glad to provide you with a parse showing a not BiS Arcane mage doing more DPS than a fire mage on a Patchwerk type fight when one is released. Sadly there are none right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    We'd be glad to provide you with a parse showing a not BiS Arcane mage doing more DPS than a fire mage on a Patchwerk type fight when one is released. Sadly there are none right now.
    Argaloth is as close to Patchwerk as you're going to get, and the fire phase actually benefits Arcane more than Fire.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Argaloth is as close to Patchwerk as you're going to get, and the fire phase actually benefits Arcane more than Fire.
    Only because the phase isn't very long and the lack of instant spell cooldowns or the ability to channel while moving with Arcane doesn't really come into play. Though, fire shouldn't be far off in theory because of the ability to spam scorch and have more than usual pyroblast! procs. However, single target stand-still fights Arcane is just better if played properly. (imo)

Only because the phase isn't very long and the lack of instant spell cooldowns or the ability to channel while moving with Arcane doesn't really come into play. Though, fire shouldn't be far off in theory because of the ability to spam scorch and have more than usual pyroblast! procs. However, single target stand-still fights Arcane is just better if played properly. (imo)
    Then it sounds like you have the opportunity to provide the logs of you surpassing fire as arcane!

Someone has to dip their toe in the pond, right?
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Then it sounds like you have the opportunity to provide the logs of you surpassing fire as arcane!

Someone has to dip their toe in the pond, right?
    I'm already in my boat sailing away. Have a nice swim Phelps.

Deleted
    to Blayzee.

instead of calling BS... go into the PTR and test for yourself!!! we not talking about live.