Thread: First PC Build

First PC Build

Hey all, first post so please forgive my ignorance. I’m quite computer illiterate, so again I apologize for sounding stupid. I happen to run into some ample free time and a decent amount of cash, and want to build a new PC (desktop). I’m willing to go up to $2000, although 1,500-1,700 would be a nice price range. From what I understand the Intel processors are the way to go- but basically I’ve searched a bunch of sites and haven’t really pinned down some nice specs that I can really trust. It would be for personal use, playing WoW/Starcraft/Rift (maybe) so I’d like to optimize it for said purpose. I have some extra copies of 7 around, and most basic functions I can set up myself; but I would just like to get some opinions from non-biased individuals before I embark out on this (Located in the US by the way). I'd be looking for the basic pieces (Case, processor, ram etc etc).

Thanks again!

Start from "Narwhal" list here -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...th-Daily-Blink

If you want to spend more money, you can pick up upgrades from the "Unicorn" list, in this order: RAM > SSD > graphics card > 2nd monitor
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Motherboard;
    ASRock P67; Extreme 4, Extreme 6, Pro3
    Asus P8P67; Deluxe, Pro, Sabertooth
    Gigabyte GA-P67A; UD4, UD5
    MSI P67A; G45, GD55, GD65

CPU;
    i5-2500
    i5-2500K

RAM;
    G.Skill ripsaw 2x4096MB
    Corsair vengeance 2x4096MB