10+ Year Old Account

need help with a VNC script prank

so for april fools im gonna prank my friend by making a startup warning saying "Windows has detected pirated software on your computer. Your ip address has been forwarded to the authorities. you may face penalties of up to 2,000$ and 2 years in prison." and when he clicks yes or no it will launch the sac PD websight this is what i have

lol=msgbox(" Windows has detected pirated software on your computer. Your ip address has been forwarded to the authorities. you may face penalties of up to 2,000$ and 2 years in prison. " ,20, "Warning")

set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    retval = WshShell.Popup ("press yes to continue or no to shutdown",,"Hello", 4+32)
    If retval=6 Then
    WshShell.Exec("dos.bat")
    Else
    WshShell.Run("%windir%\system32\shutdown -l")
    End If

my dos.bat file has the start www.sacpd.org line in it

if i click the dos file it will launch the website fine but on the orignal script wont run the dos.bat what am i doing wrong?

I'm sure he would not appreciate that
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Not really funny, that's hurtful.

If you want to do something fun and not hurtful try this.

Set up your screen to the same resolution as his and the same background pic. Clear all your icons off your desktop. Make a folder called Important Docs, hide the task bar and take a screen shot. The set that as his desktop background and say "Hey man I put some important docs on your desktop you should take a look at"

He will spend hours trying to click the folder.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfiredragon View Post
    Not really funny, that's hurtful.

If you want to do something fun and not hurtful try this.

Set up your screen to the same resolution as his and the same background pic. Clear all your icons off your desktop. Make a folder called Important Docs, hide the task bar and take a screen shot. The set that as his desktop background and say "Hey man I put some important docs on your desktop you should take a look at"

He will spend hours trying to click the folder.
    I've done that before.

Another good one is replacing the empty recycle bin icon with a full one so they get pissed off when windows won't let them empty it.
    red panda red panda red panda!

post-it over the mouse lazer hours of fun

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath View Post
    post-it over the mouse lazer hours of fun
    except that's the first thing I look at if my mouse were to go wonkers
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

If you can get to his computer, take a screenshot of his desktop with all the icons, set it as the background, and then hide all his icons (it's possible, i just can't remember how to do it anymore though *sadface*). He will spend hours trying to click his shortcuts etc. and you'll get a good laugh

Edit: Found a link explaining how to show/hide icons here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...hide-show.html

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Rule #1 of April Fools jokes: Don't make people worry about serious things (prison, relationships, etc). A lot of the time, they'll go majorly wrong, or the person will hold a grudge.
    Rule #2 If you break Rule #1, make them think someone else played the prank.

Wikipedia 'forkbomb'

Much more entertaining to watch your friend click on his wow shortcut, only to run a .bat file that executes a fork bomb. (repeatedly muahaha) GLHF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobe View Post
    Wikipedia 'forkbomb'

Much more entertaining to watch your friend click on his wow shortcut, only to run a .bat file that executes a fork bomb. (repeatedly muahaha) GLHF
    It's funnier when you put it in their startup folder :P

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I used to have a batch file that created a 2gb allocation, which I put it in someone's startup folder.

Also, a really simple prank I did to someone in college, they left their laptop and went to a restaraunt nearby for a quick lunch, so I set their home page to 'hotmale.com', and told them when they got back. To which they responded "I don't use hotmail though..." then opened firefox.

Good times.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Done the desktop icons thing, other time edited the target on all the shortcuts to a ...funny image, placed my wireless mouse receiver on his pc, etc... goood times.