Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sony Vegas Render Problem

Hello guys i have a little problem here:
    I use Vegas 9 (i also tried 7 and 8) and always in the mid of rendering i get a windows error that says that "Sony Vegas dosent work anymore"
    I render in .wmv and already did it a bunch of times no software or hardware changes since then.
    I already googled the problem but couldnt find anyhelp so i thought why not try and ask the mmo-champ community ^^
    if u need any other info just ask and i will answer you as quickly as i can thx in advance to anyone who trys to help

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Ok, sounds like it crashed... You sure you aren't maybe running out of discspace or something like that? It's very rare that WMV codec would spontaneously die. Could be also one of your source files is broken in a way that crashes Vegas... Try to play it completely through from start to finish in the preview window.

Also piracy is bad (no other explanation for testing several old versions as well as current with same file), Vegas costs less than $100 and avoids whole lot of problems that the legit version might not have.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

they are all legit so its not a problem of a cracked version ;x
    also i have about 650 gb left on my harddrive should be enough
    i will try the thing with preview but vegas dosent dies always at the same position sometimes 40% sometimes 12 somtine 30 so well i will try

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Do you have Win7 with all patches installed? If you have older windows, you could try fetching Windows Media Player 11 for newer codec.

Also, here's best rendering guide for WoW -> Vegas -> youtube I've seen, you might want to give it a try instead of WMV. That would at least sort out if the problem is in Vega/source files or the WMV rendering : http://premoguild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6048
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

i use win vista ultimate 64 i will try your vid guide will be back in some min ^^

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Any particular reason why you use wmv instead of avi or mkv? Of course, it should work properly with wmv, but if everything else don't wanna work, you can try rendering in another format.

uploading on youtube and well there is no mkv formate in vegas ^^ or atleast i didnt find it yet and wmv/mp4 are common for online streamed vids

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    uploading on youtube and well there is no mkv formate in vegas ^^ or atleast i didnt find it yet and wmv/mp4 are common for online streamed vids
    MKV isn't a format. Its a container.

tried your render guide 2 times now 1 times vegas died at 40% another at 61% <,< this really suxx

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    MKV isn't a format. Its a container.
    "The Matroska Multimedia Container is an open standard free container format, a file format that can........"
    Yes it is.

tried your render guide 2 times now 1 times vegas died at 40% another at 61% <,< this really suxx
    I'm guessing problem is your source files then, or some hardware issue with RAM perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    "The Matroska Multimedia Container is an open standard free container format, a file format that can........"
    Yes it is.
    It's a container format, not a codec. Enough nitpicking already.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Yes it is.
    You cannot render a format OR a container.

if its a problem with my source files why does it stop always at different stages ? <,< and my ram should be allright dunno cant really test it but i know atleast that none of them is defect ^^

p.s i sincerly apologize that i didnt replied to him that mkv is a container and i think everybody reading this thread should know it now ;x

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

if its a problem with my source files why does it stop always at different stages ? <,< and my ram should be allright dunno cant really test it but i know atleast that none of them is defect ^^
    I had this issue too with Vegas. Just render with DIVX or something.

and u couldnt fix the problem ? ^^ i actually really like vegas and dosent want to learn how to use a new programm now ;/

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Oops, misread the early posts, thought it would be more consistent crashing.

Next idea is the overheat. Try checking heat from CPU, motherboard, GPU and HDD's while rendering, in case something goes wrong there.
    Trolling should be.

heat is alright everything is below 65°C so that shouldnt be a problem ^^

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

heat is alright everything is below 65°C so that shouldnt be a problem ^^
    Render it to a raw avi and encode using something else in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Render it to a raw avi and encode using something else in the meantime.
    Personally I edit and render stuff in Vegas to AVI with free lossless Lagarith codec in all intermediate stages, and then do final compression with RipBot264. Lagarith is fast enough to handle even 3-4 fullHD video streams on my PC when doing boss kill videos from many fraps sources, while Vegas would totally choke with mp4 files. AVC codecs from MainConcept and Sony that come with Vegas are surprisingly bad compared to the 'free' x264, and 2-pass enconding in Vegas takes years...
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-03-28 at 10:43 PM.
    Trolling should be.

i dont have anything else if u have a good programm then tell me which one ;x well anyway going to bed now will be back tommorow ~8h cya

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL