Thread: New Build

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Build

Just ordered the parts for a new system for a friend, he has more money then sense I think (I would like that problem personally).

I will be fun to put this together for him though. Should come out very nice.
    Anyway here are the specs, hope to get some pics when it all is done it should come out looking pretty. Will be one of the nicer builds I have done in a while. Been too many budget builds for people recently.

Specs:

Came to a little over $4200 (before tax).

He comes to me goes I want you to build a system that I can run any game on on max settings. I am like what is your budget, his response "What ever it takes.". He wants everything at stock speeds with no overclocks.

Either this is a load of crap or your friend legitimately put all his points into the "Money" stat and left "Sense" his dump stat. If so, I'll give you my number to give him, I have a couple bridges he might like.

(Wouldn't the i7-2600K be faster than the 990X in games anyway?)
    Super casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    Either this is a load of crap or your friend legitimately put all his points into the "Money" stat and left "Sense" his dump stat. If so, I'll give you my number to give him, I have a couple bridges he might like.

(Wouldn't the i7-2600K be faster than the 990X in games anyway?)
    Depends on how high you can clock them.

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Depends on how high you can clock them.
    Well, the p67 based one, in processorspeeds at least, ought to be 25%+ faster than the x58 (at least non-hexacores, unsure of the hexacores) clock-by-clock?

Anyway, since he wants everything at stock-speeds, I'd suggest double hd6990 rather than gtx590, and an i7-2600.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Well, the p67 based one, in processorspeeds at least, ought to be 25%+ faster than the x58 (at least non-hexacores, unsure of the hexacores) clock-by-clock?

Anyway, since he wants everything at stock-speeds, I'd suggest double hd6990 rather than gtx590, and an i7-2600.
    Two ATI 6990's will indeed outperform 2 590's in SLI.

Other then the usualy, why the hell did you go first gen i7 if he wanted the best?!?!? It looks quite good. But everything is such overkill that it will last for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by iSythe View Post
    Other then the usualy, why the hell did you go first gen i7 if he wanted the best?!?!? It looks quite good. But everything is such overkill that it will last for a while.
    Because a 990X is actually faster than i7-2600K?

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 07:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Two ATI 6990's will indeed outperform 2 590's in SLI.
    Also making a lot more noise at the cost of that extra couple % performance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 07:54 AM ----------

Also making a lot more noise at the cost of that extra couple % performance
    From what I've heard the 590 is actually incredibly loud. In fact, their default drivers don't possess the ability to shut it off when it gets hot enough.
    Video Here

From what I've heard the 590 is actually incredibly loud. In fact, their default drivers don't possess the ability to shut it off when it gets hot enough.
    Video Here
    Probably safety from their blunder that fried chips not long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably safety from their blunder that fried chips not long ago.
    Not to drag this off topic, but I giggled at that youtube video. Then actually cried because it was a huge waste of like $600... Instead of blowing up your Video Cards, SweOverclockers, please send them my way.
    Thanks.

Not to drag this off topic, but I giggled at that youtube video. Then actually cried because it was a huge waste of like $600... Instead of blowing up your Video Cards, SweOverclockers, please send them my way.
    Thanks.
    Isn't it 700?

On topic: Your friend may want to wait till second half this year before getting this built. The monster card may be out soon. (Graphics) and enthusiast-tier intel chips.

You can build him a rig that will run as good as that for a quarter of the cost, at least in video games. I call troll.

Deleted
    LOL ^ is a 50 year old virgin

Bah! that was ment for ayako

Quote Originally Posted by coldfiredragon View Post
    no overclocks.
    I call troll if you're buying that processor and not overclocking it. Its meant to overclock.

Again. Check the prices.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/t...2100-tested/20
    Doesn't have the 990x, but still. Price per performance not worth it.
    Last edited by Scoobasteve1226; 2011-03-29 at 09:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Take pictures as you build it. Since you seem to have sense with how computers work (why else would he have asked you to build it), it'd be nice to have our own step-by-step tutorial. I'd do it, but I'm not buying a computer in the near future.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Take pictures as you build it. Since you seem to have sense with how computers work (why else would he have asked you to build it), it'd be nice to have our own step-by-step tutorial. I'd do it, but I'm not buying a computer in the near future.
    I'll do it second half of this year if I buy another computer.

Quote Originally Posted by jenskai1 View Post
    LOL ^ is a 50 year old virgin

Bah! that was ment for ayako
    Far from.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by jenskai1 View Post
    i'm early 15 guy, i'm quite normal around my friends, when i'm around girls my heart goes crazy, i sweat and don't dare to look at them, but at the same time i want to F*** them in the butt... >.>
    Last edited by ayako; 2011-03-29 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    So much... blood elfs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Stock? I'd say no.
    Thanks.
    Oh, Sweclockers made famous now? 'Bout time. Jonas and Emil are awesome fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Stock? I'd say no.
    Oh, Sweclockers made famous now? 'Bout time. Jonas and Emil are awesome fellas.
    Depends on what metric typically. For gaming 990x slightly inches out ahead. (Based on sig clocks, and 5.1 2600K with HT ON)

Depends on what metric typically. For gaming 990x slightly inches out ahead. (Based on sig clocks, and 5.1 2600K with HT ON)
    Wait, I'm confused. Are you talking clocked or stock? ._. English IS my fourth-language, I do get confused sometimes.