Is this a raid you'd like to see: Birth of the Infinite Dragonflight

Starting putting together some ideas for a 6.4-ish Caverns of Time raid. I don't mean a raid that you access from the Caverns of Time; I mean one that is in the Caverns of Time. The idea is that it takes place at the moment where Nozdormu changes the Bronze Dragonflight to the Infinite Dragonflight, and the heroes have to stop the Bronze Dragonflight from successfully preventing it from happening.

The raid is initiated by Dornaa (Alliance) or Salandria (Horde). Nozdormu has retured to the Caverns of Time via an instance of the Bronze Dragonshire and has revealed his role as the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight. Anachronos assaults him, and Nozdormu flees back to the Bronze Dragonshire. To prevent any from interfering, the Bronze Dragonflight has locked the entrance to the Bronze Dragonshire, and has disassembled pieces of an hourglass that control the lock. The pieces are each assigned to a member of the Bronze Dragonflight, and are hidden in an Infinite Dragonflight instance of the Caverns of Time (Battle of Mount Hyjal is not included; if future CoT instances do not include the Infinite Dragonflight, they are not included as well).

First, however, the heroes have to battle their way into the Caverns of Time, where the final boss is Zaladormu. After you defeat him, Occulus reveals what he sees, i.e., that the hourglass previously with Zaladormu in no longer there. He then instructs the heroes to recover the pieces while he defends the Caverns.

Each of the CoT instances aren't going to be full recreations of the existing CoT instances for the most part (in other words, you don't redo the Culling of Stratholme). While some of the elements of the existing instance will be there, it will be handled differently. The main difference, of course, is that the Bronze Dragonflight will be trying to stop you. I have not fleshed out this part a lot, simply because it'll take some more time and research to do so. Here's what I have so far:

Escape from Durnholde Keep: Not as far ranging as the current instance; may even ignore Durnholde Keep entirely and instead fight in Southshore.

Culling of Stratholme: TBD

The Black Morass: Works like the current one does, except it takes place after Medivh has finished, and the boss (TBD) is shielded. The players have to down the shield while being assault by rift waves of bronze dragonflight. Once the shield is down, they engage the boss.

War of the Ancients: Everything is TBD

Other instances: TBD, obviously

After the final piece of the Hourglass key is recovered, when the heroes return to the Caverns of Time, they discover the corpse of Occulus before the very, very angry form of Soridomi, who will be equipped with some very choice words if any members of the raid are exalted with Keepers of Time or Scale of the Sands. Obviously she needs to be defeated before the heroes can access the Bronze Dragonshire for the final wing of the raid.

The Bronze Dragonshire will find the last remnants of the Bronze Dragonflight fighting Nozdormu. Once the trash has been eliminated, Anachronos will see the heroes, recognize what it means, and start to summon more members of the Bronze Dragonflight. When he fails due to the lack of remaining members of his Flight, he will look at his father, nod sadly, and then engage the heroes.

Once Anachronos is dead, Nozdormu summons the generals of the Infinite Dragonflight (Aeonus, Epoch, etc), announces their final victory and tells them they have their mission. Once they depart, he turns back to the heroes, and then collapses to the ground, mortally wounded. Dornaa/Salandria, who is present but has been hiding, rushes up to him, but before she reaches him, he looks up at the heroes and thanks them, telling them that all of time has now been saved by them; both the infinite dragonflight and bronze dragonflight are no more. He then dies, and the heroes get to loot Anachronos for Tier 18 gear.

Note:
    I don't know what to do about Chromie. On the one hand, she should be one of the bosses. On the other, maybe she survives somehow? Maybe she is actually part of/controlling Dornaa/Salandria? Glad to take any suggestions on that matter.

So tell me how much this sucks! Thanks for reading.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly a lot of work. I like the idea, good read. Props.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nooo don't make us kill Chromie

Nice read. I'd dig it.

Totally love the idea, but but but don't kill Chromie, she's like one of the coolest characters ever D:
    Random thought but maybe she could go all rogue on Dragonflight and help the heroes instead or something?O.o

Deleted
    While this looks to be an interesting raid, I can tell you now that this will never happen. It breaks and ignores the lore in to many places to much. Sorry man! You should change your story a little bit to make it fit in, eg. Nozdormu getting corrupted, and you need to free his mind, something like that. But us as players alone will not be able to kill Nozdormu, nor will he be a boss because of the side he is on, the stance he holds, and what would happen if he died.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it fits fine with lore. I like the idea of confronting the various CoT bosses like Aeonus, Deja, and Epoch before they're sent off to their respective instances - it was a long time for you, but seconds for them.

Rather than warping between bits of the instanced areas though, I'd like to see elements of all those instances warped and merged together into one great twisted landscape, like how the Caverns of Time themselves incorporate elements from all the different instances and timelines they lead to. Less loading, cooler scenery.

And Chromie must live. She's just too adorable to slay.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    It breaks and ignores the lore in to many places to much.
    I haven't lore-checked it yet; this was relatively hastily written. If I continue with the idea, I will adjust it much. The basic idea remains the same: the Heroes fight the Bronze Dragonflight and at the end, there is no more Bronze* or Infinite Dragonflight.

*Except for Chromie ... maybe
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.