10+ Year Old Account

Zul Aman and Zul Gurub: Worth Calling Heroic Tier 2 Content?

Hi. I was wondering if those who did these two instances on PTR consider them actual worthy heroic tier 2 difficulty. From Totalbiscuit's perspective, he said that Heroic Zul Gurub can be 4-manned for the most part, While some people say that Zul Aman is a mixed bag, where akil'zon, jan'ali, and the final boss of the instance being a pain in the ass for newcomers like encountering Heroic HoR at release.

Thanks .

And at what stage of the PTR did Totalbiscuit make his review, and with what group makeup?

These dungeons are on the PTR for a reason. Just because they're easy on the test realm doesn't mean they're intended to be that easy, or that they'll still be easy when they go live.

i can solo most of the bosses in the current heroics with my paladin

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say for zg/za... but gahh HoR was still a pain even geared..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    And at what stage of the PTR did Totalbiscuit make his review, and with what group makeup?

These dungeons are on the PTR for a reason. Just because they're easy on the test realm doesn't mean they're intended to be that easy, or that they'll still be easy when they go live.
    He made some video a while back about it. He didn't get to the final boss but he did say it is possible to 4 man.

From what everyone has said, these instances aren't challenging to be compared to the level the beginning heroics brought us at cataclysm release.

Well seeing as they don't give raid quality epics, they would be a filler "tier" (using your vocab.) and with that, 359+ geared players will find them easier and can probably 4 man quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Hi. I was wondering if those who did these two instances on PTR consider them actual worthy heroic tier 2 difficulty. From Totalbiscuit's perspective, he said that Heroic Zul Gurub can be 4-manned for the most part, While some people say that Zul Aman is a mixed bag, where akil'zon, jan'ali, and the final boss of the instance being a pain in the ass for newcomers like encountering Heroic HoR at release.

Thanks .
    he also cheesed his way through a lot of broken mechanics in raid gear...

i did za/zg with their scummy premades and, yes, they are about as challenging (if not a little more) than the first tier of heroics were in 333 gear. obviously some fights are harder than others, but thats always the case - Ozruk vs Asaad, for example.
    Last edited by fews; 2011-03-29 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    i can solo most of the bosses in the current heroics with my paladin
    4.1 Word of Glory nerf says sup.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

ZG is really easy, especially in epics. ZA on the other hand is no pushover. It's not hard if you have competent people, but even the slightest mistakes will cause a wipe. If they haven't made ZA easier from when it was first added to the PTR, you can expect it to be a pain in the ass for full pug groups.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilCosby View Post
    4.1 Word of Glory nerf says sup.
    i was just pointing out about the 4man part, on topic the heroics are harder than the current ones and most likely impossible with a pug <349 but they shouldnt be remotely hard when they come out for an avearge player

Deleted
    ZA/ZG will not remain challenging beyond the first few weeks of release. Blizzard buckled under the flood of tears over the current Cataclysm heroics and I expect the same to happen here, which is a shame. Firstly I hate seeing interesting content dumbed down for people with absolutely no coordination, social skills or the ability to play their class beyond hitting the first 3 hotkeys on their UI. Secondly the dungeons will be tuned to 346, and even someone who doesn't raid can have several 359s available and will already out-gear the content by some degree.

I guess I'll enjoy this dungeon while it lasts, hopefully will get a week or two of fun guild runs before Blizzard turn it into a faceroll chore.

10+ Year Old Account
    having tried them on the PTR, they are totally worthy of the title. ZG is alright, good bosses, nice trash (some of the bosses need buffing tbh, Zanzil and Jin'do spring to mind as fights with ALOT of potential, that hasn't been realised) ZA on the other hand is a walking aneurysm for any tank in LFG, trash is pretty frakkin punishing, one mong Dps not CCing properly, or breaking CC to early (I'm lookin at you EVERY SINGLE LOCK IMP) will almost certainly result in a whipe, and as was mentioned before the bosses do suffer somewhat from "WTF, where's the rest of my raid?" syndrome.

that said this was on moron premades who only jjuusstt had the right gear, and where incapable of following orders, for guild groups in even semi decent gear, with proper co-ordination, the new dungeons should be a challenge, but nothing too horrible.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30