For PvE: i359 > i365 (PvP Gear) > i346?

I'm wondering if, generally speaking, I'm going to get better DPS with my viscious gear (I've got almost a full set) than a set of i346s. I've swapped out a few to get more hit (But those were all i352s), and I've still got 4/5 Vicious with the legs being replaced with the epic BoE cloth legs.

so tl;dr - I'm wondering if, generally speaking, I'm going to get a better bang for my buck with i346 PvE gear or i365 PvP gear with the heavy reliance upon Int over all other stats.

Thanks!
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Pretty sure every response is going to say "sim it".

Go to the raid dummy, try with both sets for about 5 mins and see which set averages out more DPS. I personally would say with raid buffs and lack of secondary stats that the PVE gear will come out ahead in the long run, especially since the 4 set nerfs.

If your fire (why wouldn't you be) I recall they rely heavily on their secondary stats.

All that resil is really gonna hurt compared to the secondary stats.

I'd suggest if you have a full PvE set to run 2 tests on a dummy in Org. Do roughly 3mil damage to the dummy and see which gear set sustains the better DPS. I'd even try doing this several times with each set to get a general idea, as RNG might hurt you more one time than another.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Deleted
    All of the above comments are right, also the fact that theres PvP and PvE gear sets for a reason, one is dominant in PvP, one in PvE. The gear sets are there for a reason, i suggest you use them or you'll find yourself missing alot of secondary stats which you require.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you'd find a group desperate enough to take you...

Since resilience cannot be reforged, absolutely not. You might have marginally higher Intellect, but your secondary stats are going to suffer and I highly doubt you're going to make up the loss with *a bit* more Intellect (it's really not that much to warrant such a substantial loss in secondary stats).
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

I think it will depend on what the secondary stats are on each. If it's your best one on a PVP 365 and your worst 2 on a PVE 346, the 365 may take the edge. For weapons 359 PVP weapon>346 PVE any day,
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

As much as using PvP gear in PvE is frown upon, it's a reasonable question. You could sort of word it as if you essentially deleted resilience from a PvP item, how much item budget, and therefore ilvl, would it lose? None of the theoretical item budget charts I could find listed resilience, seems no one has sat down and tried to work out the weighting. But, just a gut instinct, I think it probably more than 19 ilvl points (the difference between 346 and 359). I think if you were still wearing a 333 item in PvE for some reason (say on an alt you're gearing up), then the net difference with 359 PvP gear is probably better...but it also depends on what you're losing. With only one secondary stat and gobs more Int and Stam, you're essentially converting say haste into Int and Stam (whatever the other secondary stat on the item you're replacing is)...possibly decent if it's enough spell power to make up the difference.

In other words I wouldn't for 346, but if you're stuck with a 333 and the upgrade just won't drop, you'd probably see a slight improvement in PvP gear. BUT...then you've got to fend off random pugs giving you grief, even if you have thought it out. Maybe not worth it!

For a little while RAWR was telling me to raid with Visc PvP Gloves and Chest (the two set +70 int bonus is roughly equiv to 100 crit). And RAWR was right it was the best gear I had at the time, better than 346 blues.

I've never seen RAWR suggest 4 set Visc over anything though, so I highly doubt that is a good choice. Once you get two set T11 I don't think any combination of PvP gear will work.

I have nothing against 2 pieces of PvP gear whilst gearing up, but if you are looking to make any real progress you will have to lose it soon.

You should probably sim it.

365 pvp weapons are much much better than 346 blues from heroics.
    For this reason you should do 2-3 weeks of lowbie arena to get the weapon.
    Other items are about on par usually, sims even showing that int > hit even if not capped.

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post

Since resilience cannot be reforged, absolutely not. You might have marginally higher Intellect, but your secondary stats are going to suffer and I highly doubt you're going to make up the loss with *a bit* more Intellect (it's really not that much to warrant such a substantial loss in secondary stats).

Substantially higher intellect, which is the #1 stat.
    If they can hit hit cap and have some left over crit / haste along with all that int, it may be better than blues, i can't be certain though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Epic PvP gear is better than anything pre-raid, but the 4 piece bonus is better than random purples as well. So keep the shit in balance.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post

Yes, it is. When int is three times better than secondary stats it's huge.

4 set PvP is a lot better than whatever blue pve pieces you can find. +160 int +5% damage on your major spell isn't something to laugh at.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2011-03-29 at 03:18 PM.

359 pvp weapon > 346 pve any day.
    For the rest, it depends on your stat weights, for bracers it's 33 int 49 stam vs 90 rating, so sim it.

I can only speak for Hunters, but this is what I've found:

2 T11 > 2 i365 PVP > 2 non-tier i359 PVE

There are a couple reasons for this. First, the PVP pieces have more native Agi (using chests as an example, the base for PVP is 321 Agi while 301 for T11/non-tier), while maintaining the same number of gem slots. Second, the 2-piece +70 Agi bonus is phenomenal.

While the resilience can't be reforged out, the lack of one secondary stat is more than outweighed by the extra Agility. I would not be surprised if something similar was seen while simming mages.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

We had a hunter in a BoT Pug pulling 11-12k dps with full viscious 10 man. So i think its somewhat on par, since the extra agi etc (depending on class) you get.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post
    We had a hunter in a BoT Pug pulling 11-12k dps with full viscious 10 man. So i think its somewhat on par, since the extra agi etc (depending on class) you get.
    If I remember correctly, top raid end-game Hunters were 4 pc PVP until 4.0.6 came out, when the 4 pc T11 bonus became much better. Those that haven't gotten to 4 pc T11 would go 2 pc T11/2 pc PVP. The latter option might disappear with 4.1 or 4.2, though, because I thought I saw a blue post that indicated they may prevent you from getting more than 1 set bonus at a time, but I've never seen a followup so it may have been a random thought.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Primary stats > Secondary by a large margin.
    For most dps specs 365 PvP gear > Any 346 item in the same slot. 2 and 4 set PvP bonuses more than outweigh some crit/haste/mastery etc.