10+ Year Old Account
    3 - holy pala, disc priest, resto druid

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    3 - holy pala, disc priest, resto druid
    This many times over.

Thanks to Shiri

Armory

3. holy pala, disc priest, resto druid

We use it for most fights that we 3 heal and it works great.

Doesn't matter, all healers are pretty decent right now. Get whoever is better at healing.

holypala, holypriest and not forget BL - Shamy.

Not exactly sure what's up with the resto druid love for the posters above me, but I think Pala/Priest/Shaman works like a charm as well.

To be honest, between the setups you mentioned the main difference would be the PLAYER, not the class.

- The disc priest brings some really nice cooldowns and mechanics (PW:B, PS, Attonement) which depending on the fight can be really useful or even gamechanging.
    - The resto shaman brings solid healing, very flexible raid buffs, a selfress and last but not least: Mana tide (and heroism, should the remainder of your setup miss that).
    - The resto druid brings solid healing, and one of the most useful abilities ingame: a combat ress.

To be honest, of the whole set the druid brings the least to the table at the moment. The paladin covers it's buff, the CR can be covered by either a DK (soon) or another druid (if you have them) and for some fights druid healing plainly sucks (don't forget that both priests and shamans give tanks they heal 10% reduced physical dmg, don't underestimate that).

That said, if you have a very skilled resto druid and your shaman isn't as good, bring the druid. Simple.

i just think about the moments when we need a loot of raid healin and the priest+pala comb cant support everyone, or can they D: ?

Deleted
    If people are grouped up then holy radiance + some cooldowns is IMBA, I mean like freakishy so (only just reaches the DR cap of 8 people).

Bubble tonk --> PoH/Divine Hymn works miracles.

Deleted
    Would depend on the other 7 ppl aswell, do u have BL, another CR? etc etc.
    Also who plays better, I'd go for that over class, assuming I had all buffs / cd's etc covered.

That said, I'd go for either 2 or 3 personally all things being equal, resto druid / shammy's are kinda too alike for me, and the disc priest brings something different that the combo of shammy + druid wouldn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    - The resto druid brings solid healing, and one of the most useful abilities ingame: a combat ress.
    Don't forget that the druid brings tranquility and Innervate too.

But I have to agree that it boils down to player > class

Deleted
    i have to go with 2.-"holy pala, resto shamy , disc priest"

even tho we raided normal bosses fine with a pala a disc and a resto druid but mana tide works wonder in some fights

Go for the 3 best players behind the screen, as long as it's not 3 of the same class.

Deleted
    Seems to me that holy pala, disc priest and resto druid would be very weak in raid healing. Since all of them are amazing tank healers, I'd rather have the disc priest go holy or the resto druid swapped with a resto shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    We normally run with a Resto Shammy, Holy Priest and Resto Druid.
    Sadly lacking in the Disc Priest and Holy Paladin department at the moment.

Of your above mentioned comps, I guess "holy pala, resto shamy , disc priest" would offer a good range of healing flexibility, buffs and cooldowns. But the player is by far and away the most important aspect. If your druid is miles better than your paladin, or your holy priest is way more capable than your disc priest, then take the better players.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    I've ran with holy pala - holy priest - resto druid and now I run with holy pala - holy pala - resto druid and I haven't seen huge differences. Though having Inspiration/Ancestral Healing would be nice and in terms of loot having a priest instead of a pala would be nice to have again.

10+ Year Old Account
    For most max/min, I would go with pally/disc/druid also. It's got everything you need...

Pally - snipe heals
    disc prst - shields/snipe heals
    druid - "glue" heals / aoe

well. get the buffs you need, either by a druid tank and holy pala u got might and motw, or a shamman vs mage for hero. but a pala is a very good healer, druid is a very good healer. priests and shamans tend to be a bit weaker. but if the setup is lot of melee chain heal is OP!! while druids are better when ranged are spread out and chain heal wont work on them

so depends on the setup

Deleted
    Pally + priest + druid / shaman depending on player, and if you don't have another druid in your raid comp, then the druid healer is a must. CR is vital! Though after 4.1 it may change with the change to tranq and the shaman spirit link ability.