Deleted

DPS requirement for 25m HC Nef

Our guild is working on hc nef for a while now, and after we've starting managing P2 survival somewhat and getting deeper into P3, that enrage timer seems too short for eventual kill. Having about 3 minutes left with Nef on about 60M hp left.
    We are carrying at least 3 people somehow managing sub 20k on every try (sadly have no replacements for them), going with 7 healers.

Think it's mathematically possible to kill it with those three not pulling their weight at all, since we obviously can't count on rng to MC the top dps most of the time?

Deleted
    i doubt that 3 dps below 20k will make a huge difference

Deleted
    Well the thing is, that you should be starting to hit 25-30k'ish in p3 assuming a MC here and there at least, and with only 6 people managing to do it at best, while the rest is at 21-23k, and those jocks doing 15-17k, there is a valid concern that we just might not make it. Obviously main bunch's dps should net higher as well, but we could still do it, granted there's no scrubbing going around, and such low numbers can tilt the scale towards the enrage at the end - at least that's what we've been brainstorming after the raid yesterday.

Wondering if we're right, however.

Deleted
    well i dunno what raid dps is neede to down nef 25 hc nor have i tried the fight since im raiding 10mans

but from the streams i watched i can tell that most even managed to down him with like 5 ppl dead

You cant focus on the enrage timer at all, it makes no difference what so ever unless its around 10 seconds 'till berserk. If your lucky enough your damage heavy classes will get selected with the MC instead of your healers and everything might still be doable.

If you have enough damage to push two bombs in P1, get all the three adds down on the platforms before all your healers are completely dried out, your guild has the potential of killing this boss without a problem. If you have bad luck and wipe on 10% to berserk, try again with taking one more stack before you cancel the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Serona View Post
    but from the streams i watched i can tell that most even managed to down him with like 5 ppl dead
    Maybe in the last few seconds but theres no chance of killing nef with 5 dps dead since the change to using walk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hit the enrage before you start worrying about it.

Individual DPS in this fight can vary drastically. From who gets targeted by the Mind Control in phases 1/3, to who gets targeted by Explosive Cinders in phase 2. You'll see some people break 35k because they got lucky, while others might never get MC'd and get targeted by explosive cinders and see their DPS suffer.

The greatest measure is how many crackles you can push in phase 1. If you can push 2 crackles and get Nef down to ~72%, you've easily got the DPS for the fight. Several guilds have done it with only a single crackle in phase 1, however.
    Last edited by Blacksen; 2011-03-29 at 02:44 PM.