Which power supply to get?

Planning new computer, here are the specs:

case: cooler master scout red LED, 3 fans
    Mobo: p8p67-m pro asus
    cpu: i5-2500k overclocked to 4ghz
    heat sink: cooler master hyper 212 (could I OC processor comfortably farther than 4.0?)
    GPU: 2x evga factory overclocked (850 MHz) 460gtx (2 in SLI mode)
    PSU: ?

First time going solo on a DIY computer, so trying to learn everything I need to. How high of Watt psu would i need for this set up? Any good recommendations that won't break the bank? I'd also like to over clock the SLI'd gtx 460's to 900 or even 950 MHz (is that possible/safe? Will the Case I have selected have adequite air flow for all this?) Any feeback is greatly appreciated!

edit - Going for a system for less than $1000 if possible, I already have one of the graphics cards.

Deleted
    Raise the clock by 500mz. They run up to 5ghz

650W quality or 750w PSU

Could that heat sink handle it? I am a very cautious over-clocker (due to my massive in-experience in it :P) so i definately want to be on the safe side of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    Could that heat sink handle it? I am a very cautious over-clocker (due to my massive in-experience in it :P) so i definately want to be on the safe side of the fence.
    Should, but it depends on luck.

If you're in the USA, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371021 is pretty close to best PSU deal you can get atm. It's from high quality manufacturer, slightly better than the usually recommended Corsair TX650 and modular.

Antec TP650 is plenty for any single CPU/single GPU computer, but might fall short if you're planning on putting two high end graphics cards in. GTX460SLI should work, but I'd rather pick single more powerful card like GTX570 or Radeon 6970, it will be lot less headache than with using 2 cards.

If you're still going with the 2xGTX460, 750W PSU would be better http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371025
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Well, price wise/performance 460gtx sli beats for miles a single 570, in SLI they scale very well and can reach almost to a single 580, check here for reference --> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...5-tomshardware and here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...5-tomshardware.

Power supply a good 650 will be enough for that setup, future wise wold be better a 750w one, as already stated here, i always have been a sucker for Corsair PSU's, high eficiency and very good 12V rail amp power and whit a good price tag, VX series for example, if you have the money go for the HX Series.
    Last edited by konishiwa; 2011-03-29 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by konishiwa View Post
    Well, price wise/performance 460gtx sli beats for miles a single 570, in SLI they scale very well and can reach almost to a single 580, check here for reference --> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...5-tomshardware and here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...5-tomshardware.
    Performance is irrelevant if what you're playing the most is WoW. I said using single more powerful card is less of an headache and still stand by that statement. Yes, using 2x GTX460 in SLI is more powerful in benchmarks, but it comes with all the problems and extra cost of SLI capable motherboard and PSU, increased heat, driver issues and is useless for WoW since you can already max out everything graphicswise except multisampling (AA) on single GTX460.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Tbh BLizz should put a way to process graphics at their end at this time, for the low demands they have, lol

SLI is not the "demon" these days, and unfortenaly we always be dependable of benchmarks, some people say that some 460 models in SLI when oc reach a 580, bang for buck SLI 460 is a killer, altho between SLI 460 and xfire ATI HD6850 opinions vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Not all of them can handle it. My 2600K seems to max out at 4.3Ghz for example (regardless of voltage, memory settings, etc).

OT: A quality 750w will be enough. Corsair would be a great choice.
    Yoou got really unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by konishiwa View Post
    Tbh BLizz should put a way to process graphics at their end at this time, for the low demands they have
    Graphics is not everything. Remember AoC, Aion and FFXIV that were all supposed to be WoW killers, and all of those were advertised primarily with better graphics... Who even remembers those turdpiles anymore except in warning examples like this one.

Also, MMOs like WoW are going to be always very highly dependant on CPU power because the game needs to handle hundreds of players at the same time, not just one. That is the big fundamental difference why WoW requires more CPU than GPU power when compared to brainless first person shooters.
    Trolling should be.

Omg, tell me about it, first big PVP battle in Aion blocked my pc completly, totally unplayable, had to play whit a resized window like 640x480 to can get enough frames to understand what going on

Well, I haven't played wow for a few months now actually, I'm into steam games such as all the half-lifes, crysis 1 and 2, oblivion, team fortress etc. I will be purchasing skyrim when it comes out as well, so that's why I was to go SLI on the 460 GTX overclocked

650w is totally fine with GTX460 in SLi. Get more if you'd like to future-proof, or overclock them further. (Which I doubt, as you generally have to downclock both of them some, even if they can individually go as high as eachother. Overclocked, of course, but downclocked more than using them individually)