Cool Purge Macro that links the spell purged?

I use an addon called "Interrupted" which displays a link to the enemy spell I interrupted in /say.

I was curious if there was something like this but showing a link to the buff you Purged from someone? like "/me just Purged [Arcane Power]"

Any help would be appreciated

Deleted
    Get the addon Purgeatory, changing the announced spell name to a clickable link is a very quick and simple edit;

Open the purgeatory.lua, find the 3 line section below the line "-- Do special things to the message". Change the second line to;

msg = string.gsub(msg, "*spell", GetSpellLink(spellID) or "")

The section will now look this way;

-- Do special things to the message
    msg = string.gsub(msg, "*target", self:StripServer(destName or ""))
    msg = string.gsub(msg, "*used", usedSpellName or "")

This should do exactly what you're looking for.
    Last edited by mmocf55d4d4995; 2011-03-29 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Clarity

Pulled it out of my ass but you could try the below code.

Note that this is completely untested, if it doesn't work then you're out of luck unless I can check it on my Shammy later or someone else can fix it.

Code:
    local a = CreateFrame("Frame")
    a:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
        self.pguid = self.pguid or UnitGUID("player")
        local arg = {...}
        if arg[2] == "SPELL_DISPEL" and arg[10] == "Purge" and arg[3]==self.pguid then
            SendChatMessage("Just Purged "..GetSpellLink(arg[12]), "EMOTE")
        end
    end)
    a:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")
    Instructions to use: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lve-easy-steps

Quote Originally Posted by Augh View Post
    Get the addon Purgeatory, changing the announced spell name to a clickable link is a very quick and simple edit;

Open the purgeatory.lua, find the 3 line section below the line "-- Do special things to the message". Change the second line to;

The section will now look this way;

-- Do special things to the message
    msg = string.gsub(msg, "*target", self:StripServer(destName or ""))
    msg = string.gsub(msg, "*used", usedSpellName or "")

This should do exactly what you're looking for.
    Thanks for the swift and informative response! I just downloaded the addon and made the edit, but I now notice that Purgeatory has not been updated in 2 years, so I don't think it's working correctly in-game :/

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post

Note that this is completely untested, if it doesn't work then you're out of luck unless I can check it on my Shammy later or someone else can fix it.

Code:
        local arg = {...}
        end
    end)
    I have no clue what to do with that code. Honestly I've never opened an LUA file until today, but I decided to look inside of the "Interrupted" file because I am familiar with other types of coding.

It seems like I could somehow edit these bits of line?

if InterruptedDB.toggle == 1 then
    if inParty then xxx = "PARTY" end
    if inRaid then xxx = "RAID" end
    if aEvent == "SPELL_INTERRUPT" then

if aUser ~= UnitName("player") then return end

saymsg = ("" ..GetSpellLink(spellID).. " interrupted")

That's just a small portion of what's inside the Interrupted LUA file.

But I see that you mentioned "SPELL_DISPEL" meaning I could probably replace " if aEvent == "SPELL_INTERRUPT" then" with a bit of the code you just pasted. I'm not sure. I appreciate all the help though fellas!

The link in my post above explains what to do with it.

Your other alternative is trying to botch it in to the addon you already have, then losing it when you accidentaly update without thinking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sly420 View Post
    Thanks for the swift and informative response! I just downloaded the addon and made the edit, but I now notice that Purgeatory has not been updated in 2 years, so I don't think it's working correctly in-game :/[COLOR="red"]
    Working flawlessly right this second for me, I use it for both this and the interrupt module on all characters, but yeah there will surely be various ways to get the report you're looking for.

GL!

Working flawlessly right this second for me, I use it for both this and the interrupt module on all characters, but yeah there will surely be various ways to get the report you're looking for.

GL!
    Hmm well that's odd. It won't work for me, I changed the one line you told me to :/ I even tried it without the line edit and it never displayed anything. When I type /purgeatory the menu shows up, just no announcement when I purge stuff.

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 11:51 AM ----------

GL!
    Nevermind I got it, didn't realize I had to hit the checkbox to make it display. Working now Anyway to set it to /Say ?

Thanks so much to the both of you.
    Last edited by sly420; 2011-03-29 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Hit /purgeatory ingame and there are various options in there, you can set it to feed to the channel of your choice, only be active in different zones such as battlegrounds or instances, edit the format of the message, so on and so forth.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post

Code:
        local arg = {...}
        end
    end)
    Instructions to use:
    Hey man, I finally had a moment to read the snippet tutorial, and with the code you provided it worked perfectly. just wanted to log in to say thanks. <333

Quote Originally Posted by sly420 View Post
    Hey man, I finally had a moment to read the snippet tutorial, and with the code you provided it worked perfectly. just wanted to log in to say thanks. <333
    Glad I could help.