Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
32
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    And they keep falling back to that fallacy with feeble attempts to justify it.
    Are you even reading our arguments to the contrary...?

  2. #422
    High Overlord murfle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    118
    why ya so nice to fucks and low lifes?

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    And they keep falling back to that fallacy with feeble attempts to justify it.
    How can one person be so stubborn...

  4. #424
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,522
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    And they keep falling back to that fallacy with feeble attempts to justify it.
    Possibly, but you're the one calling a man a unicorn because he's got a cone taped to his head.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    Are you even reading our arguments to the contrary...?
    I'm reading apologists attempting to defend their logical inconsistency.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Possibly, but you're the one calling a man a unicorn because he's got a cone taped to his head.
    This is my new sig.

  7. #427
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,522
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I'm reading apologists attempting to defend their logical inconsistency.
    Nobody here is an apologist since Communism has never actually done anything.

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I'm reading apologists attempting to defend their logical inconsistency.
    Argue, then, consistently, against everything we've said to counter your ridiculous argument.

  9. #429
    Did you get your political education working in Hot Topic?

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    This is my new sig.
    !!!!!!!!! xD

  11. #431
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    This is my new sig.
    thanks! that's twice this week that someone has sig-quoted me.

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    Actually, it's more like this.

    Let's assume that all zebras are friendly.

    Now, we have a white horse who is a bit of a bitch. This white horse paints itself with black stripes. It then commits murder and adultery.

    What you're saying is that, according to the above argument, zebras now commit murder and adultery regularly.

    He pointed out a logical fallacy in your argument. Attempting to make an analogy out of an invalid argument doesn't address anything he has said.

  13. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Possibly, but you're the one calling a man a unicorn because he's got a cone taped to his head.
    That's low. For too long have my unicorn brethren suffered to the ignorance of your kin.
    For far too long have we been called "Crazy lunitics with cones strapped to their forheads".
    For far too long! But no more.

    I don't have to sit and listen to this.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by electrikfuzz View Post
    He pointed out a logical fallacy in your argument. Attempting to make an analogy out of an invalid argument doesn't address anything he has said.
    And I pointed out that his logical fallacy does not match out argument, and attached a more accurate analogy to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Possibly, but you're the one calling a man a unicorn because he's got a cone taped to his head.

  15. #435
    Bloodsail Admiral Tesk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Squiggley Line In Your Eye
    Posts
    1,091
    Essentially its the ideal concept... but its broken and doesnt work in society
    And Already The World Looks A Little Less Bright.....

  16. #436
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    I don't know what Communism is 'cos I was brought up and indocrinated in the 1980's :P

    Seriously, the Soviet Union was no more communist than the 'West' is democratic... do capitalism and democracy sit hand in hand?

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    And I pointed out that his logical fallacy does not match out argument, and attached a more accurate analogy to it.
    It matches perfectly, Communists, like religious apologists, never fail to fall back on the DEY NOT REEL COMMUNISTS skit, which is exactly what the No True Scotsman Fallacy is.

    But hey, if you want to be illogical, go ahead, it goes hand in hand with your ideology.

  18. #438
    Stood in the Fire DaHomieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cliffside Park, New Jersey
    Posts
    497
    Russia, China and Cuba is all that comes to mind.
    Last edited by DaHomieG; 2011-03-30 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Spelled China as "CHina".

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    It matches perfectly, Communists, like religious apologists, never fail to fall back on the DEY NOT REEL COMMUNISTS skit, which is exactly what the No True Scotsman Fallacy is.

    But hey, if you want to be illogical, go ahead, it goes hand in hand with your ideology.
    He never said "they are no real communists" he said "they simply are no communists" the real makes the big difference here...

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    It matches perfectly, Communists, like religious apologists, never fail to fall back on the DEY NOT REEL COMMUNISTS skit, which is exactly what the No True Scotsman Fallacy is.

    But hey, if you want to be illogical, go ahead, it goes hand in hand with your ideology.
    But... The entire scotsman fallacy depends on the fact that the culprits are 100% certainly scotsmen, since they were born in Scotland.

    How do you prove that someone is a communist? By examining his or her ideologies and actions. If they do not match, then they are not a communist.

    You can't say "But he's a communist despite the fact that he does things no communist would do", because that is what defines a communist in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Possibly, but you're the one calling a man a unicorn because he's got a cone taped to his head.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •