IMP not attacking! Help

Destro lock
    IMP favorite pet (of course)

Everything was fine in the game last night. After logging in this morning and nearly dying in TWH, I looked to see my imp standing there looking pretty. The pet tool bar was blinking showing attacks (on defensive and follow) but no fireballs etc. We returned to Stormwind, went to the melee dummies, damage meters recorded no damage by the imp, nor was there any burning embers DoT showing on the raid dummy. All other pets attack.

Friends of mine logged on their locks, no problems for them. All was fine.

I've reloaded my UI and logged out of the game all the way. All add ons have been turned off and no pet add ons are used.

A ticket is pending with GM but if anyone is experiencing this, please speak up. Any helpful or serious suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by DallasRN; 2011-03-29 at 05:27 PM. Reason: All other pets (DG and Infernal too) attack. No issues.

Deleted
    is the fireball on autoattack?
    happend to me once, opened a gm ticket saying: my imp doesnt attack etc.
    and got a reply, your imps firebolt is not on autocast, felt really dumb then

Deleted
    Are the pet on passive?
    Have you shift-rightclicked fireball, so it will automaticly be casted by the imp in combat?

Nope. All settings set to defensive and follow. I don't use macros. So when I attack a target, no attacks come from the imp.

Deleted
    Have the pet's fireball attack a glowing effect when you look at it in the spellbook / pet bar?

Deleted
    Though I haven't had this issue myself (I don't play warlock) I can confirm that our 10 man team's warlock had an entire raidnight where his Imp just would not attack. He disabled/enabled passive, made sure firebolt was autocasting, summoned other minions (Which were all attacking) and resummoned the imp, reloaded UI, logged off, reset client, everything short of creating a new WoW account and the damn thing still just stood there. I'd suspect there's some kind of bug, as the next raid it worked fine...

Well I did the shift right click as you indicated..Iimmediately afterwards, he attacked.

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 05:34 PM ----------

Has to be a bug in the game.

There for a few long minutes, thought my long time friend Gakkin had taken a vacation to the nether. His latest gripes have been for more pay, so thought he had gone on strike .

Thanks everyone

Deleted
    oh wow, my imp is named gakking too, have to rename him now want to stay unique :P

Mine is Gakkin.

Different realms probably though so stay with your imp's name.

My heart broke when they changed the names back in early Cata. Glad my Gakkin is back from the nether vacation. Now to finish negotiations with his regarding his contract and pay.

I have had problems with the Succubus not attacking at all, and according to a ticket response it was a known issue.
    Whether that is related I do not know.

My ticket remains pending with the GM in hopes they realize its an issue and fix it soon. Guess it might be time to relearn demo or try affliction for some in pvp.

Thanks to all for the posts and advice.