As you may know, Green Day recently released a live audio CD called Awesome As F**k. It also came with a bonus DVD - a concert in Japan. Now, this review is going to be of the DVD itself - not the entire Awesome As F**k album. So, here goes.

It came out on March 22nd. I was pumped. So were a lot of people. I preordered it and got it the day after it was released. I watched the DVD as soon as I got home that day from work. While it was loading, I checked out the song list. Some 21st Century Breakdown songs - as expected. A few American Idiot songs - even better. Heck, they threw in a cover of My Generation by The Who - which I thought was very well done. Now.... they put in 1 Insomniac song, and 0 Warning songs. Okay... 4 Dookie Songs! Yay! And they also put on a brand new song - Cigarettes and Valentines. Only performance of this was in Phoenix, so they had to put that recording, instead of one in Japan... Which threw the look off. In Japan, Billie Joe had long, black, shaggy hair. In Cigarettes and Valentines, he had short, blonde hair. Now, I know that you can't really help that, but couldn't they throw in a CAV in Japan? And just make the flow better? And there were some small problems, but they really influence it: It was not in an English speaking country. I know, it's ridiculous. But if it was in, say, England or the U.S., they could have had much better communication with the crowd (At one part, they pulled someone on stage. They had to keep pointing at the crowd for a few seconds, in order to tell him to stage dive... Instead of being able to just say "Stage dive!"). And it just didn't make it feel as "epic" as Bullet In A Bible (their American Idiot DVD). Another thing: They didn't have any commentary between songs. It made Bullet In A Bible a bit more interesting. They played in an arena as well. This made it so Billie Joe didn't have a ton of room to run around. Sure, he had some room, but nowhere near as much as he could have if he was playing at a stadium like Milton Keynes. A large stadium also means larger crowds - more fun! Now there were a few personal things that disappointed me, but I won't let that change this (such as the lack of Insomniac/Warning songs... There wasn't enough of Tre's craziness either!) Also, Mike's bass was way too low. You could really only hear it during East Jesus Nowhere, Holiday, and the occasional verse during some random songs. And Jason White's, Mike's, and Jason Freese's mics were a little too low. I felt more focused on Billie Joe than the rest of the band. We don't all want to just see Billie.

Now look at the bright side: It was great. A really good concert nonetheless. I'm glad they put this out. And the DVD and CD have 17 songs each. That's 34 songs - Bullet In A Bible had 24. I also really like what they did with the first Boulevard verse and chorus. Anyway, it's Green Day! Great music! And it's only $12! Bullet In A Bible was $17! 10 more songs (total) for $5 less! Now that's a good deal. 34 songs for $12 = $0.35 per song... That's almost a dollar less than iTunes.

Sure, there were more cons than pros. But the pros are much better than how bad the cons are. The cons are just small things, really. Anyway, I'm gonna give this a 7 out of 10. I highly recommend buy it though. If you're feeling iffy about getting into Green Day - buy the American Idiot album. It's a good starting album. Well, if you haven't bought it, I recommend buying it off Amazon. Fast shipping and good prices. Here's the link: http://greenday.com/cigsvaltn_splash/index.html

Just wanted to submit my review. What did you guys think of my review? Or the album, more importantly?