Poll: Should Khadgar's unlocking be returned?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

khadgar's unlocking

soooo...
    I was just over at WoWinsider looking at their old patch archive column, and apparently this was removed in patch 0.9

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=10166#recipes
    Khadgar's unlocking

seeing as blizzard's philosophy now is "bring the player, not the class" would now be a good time to maybe return it?

what do people think?

10+ Year Old Account
    How many locked doors are there these days?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    How many locked doors are there these days?
    lockboxes?

plus, unlocking doors is an iconic wizard thing, how many wizards have you seen that use non magical keys?
    as a mage, I can rip time a new one, but not open a lockbox?
    Last edited by mmoc41ce4810a1; 2011-03-29 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still completely unrelated to any significant aspect of the game that requires selection.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    seeing as blizzard's philosophy now is "bring the player, not the class" would now be a good time to maybe return it?
    Could you explain it? I don't really get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lared0n View Post
    Could you explain it? I don't really get it.
    It was a mage spell to unlock things. Much like in any other fantasy game... ever.

"Bring the player, not the class"

Rogue is the only class able to open locked boxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It was a mage spell to unlock things. Much like in any other fantasy game... ever.

"Bring the player, not the class"

Rogue is the only class able to open locked boxes.
    Still unrelated to the "Bring the player, not the class" rhetoric, which was in reference to raid buffs and debuffs, which make significant differences in encounters. Rogues unlocking lockboxes has nothing to do with that.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes only because there isn't always a Rogue available when you want lockboxes unlocked :P

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Still unrelated to the "Bring the player, not the class" rhetoric, which was in reference to raid buffs and debuffs, which make significant differences in encounters. Rogues unlocking lockboxes has nothing to do with that.
    You are looking way to into it... It has everything to with the quote.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2011-03-29 at 09:19 PM.

this would be very useful you know for that lock box boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I voted yes only because there isn't always a Rogue available when you want lockboxes unlocked :P
    Get a BS or an engineer, if im right they can open lockboxes too.

Deleted
    Just give every Lockbox / Door the option to be open by "brute force". A warrior can wield two heavy maces but can't break a tiny lock? A feral druid can charge and immobalize his target but can't knock a door open?

Deleted
    The only problem I can see with this is that the majority of lockboxes in the game are the common quality ones that are pickpocketed by rogues too. I very rarely see the green quality ones and even then, there are plenty of rogues about to unlock it.

Tbh it sounds like the OP is either a mage or has a mage alt and just wants their mage to have yet another cool ability besides portals/teleports/conjuring free food/mana gems/decursing.

Edit: Forgot to list the other cool things mages have such as Time warp, Invisibility, Ice Block etc... (yes I am trying to make a point that they already have enough unique abilities aswell as abilities that are copy/pastes or similier to abilities other classes had before)
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2011-03-29 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lockboxes?

plus, unlocking doors is an iconic wizard thing, how many wizards have you seen that use non magical keys?
    as a mage, I can rip time a new one, but not open a lockbox?
    Just because something was an iconic fantasy thing doesn't mean blizzard has to follow it. And yes, lock boxes are only unlockable by rogues, but that being said it's pretty much a free service with little to no value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    The only problem I can see with this is that the majority of lockboxes in the game are the common quality ones that are pickpocketed by rogues too. I very rarely see the green quality ones and even then, there are plenty of rogues about to unlock it.

Tbh it sounds like the OP is either a mage or has a mage alt and just wants their mage to have yet another cool ability besides portals/teleports/conjuring free food/mana gems/decursing.
    *points at forum title*

really? you think?

(incidentally, I've always thought decursing should go to warlocks, theyre the ones that have fun with curses, not mages, we should get a magic dispel with a longish cooldown)
    Last edited by mmoc41ce4810a1; 2011-03-29 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how many people voted vor the 3th choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    Just give every Lockbox / Door the option to be open by "brute force". A warrior can wield two heavy maces but can't break a tiny lock? A feral druid can charge and immobalize his target but can't knock a door open?
    I don't recall which member of mmo-champion it was, but he had a cool signature.
    It said " Don't look for logic in a game that mails you dragons ".

Deleted
    *points at forum title*

really? you think?
    No need for sarcasm. You posted it here because the thread and ability were both mage related. Thats by no means an indicator a player plays said class. I post across all the class forums but my main is a hunter. Posting in class forms doesn't = user plays class.

Why not
    give all classes portals
    give all classes heals
    give all classes immunity CDS
    give all classes...
    you get the point and alot of people take the whole "bring the player ,not the class" very out of context.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    No need for sarcasm. You posted it here because the thread and ability were both mage related. Thats by no means an indicator a player plays said class. I post across all the class forums but my main is a hunter. Posting in class forms doesn't = user plays class.
    true, although, when somebody is suggesting something for a class, if it's balance changes other than "QQQ NERF xyz THEY BEAT ME IN ARENA!" it's best if that person has experience with the class, with suggestions to add stuff, normally it will be someone hoping to make their main or significantly played alt better (unless youre one of those altruistic types that are so very common in WoW :P)

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frooste View Post
    Why not
    give all classes portals
    give all classes heals
    give all classes immunity CDS
    give all classes...
    you get the point and alot of people take the whole "bring the player ,not the class" very out of context.
    there's a difference between allowing more than one class to have access to a skill it would make sense for them to have (eg, mages can magically open locks, it wouldn't make sense for say... a warrior to teleport), and giving all classes all abilities for the hell of it. although, in the case of locks, I like fullblod's idea to allow any class to open them, it makes far more sense than only rogues
    Last edited by mmoc41ce4810a1; 2011-03-29 at 09:42 PM.