ME 2 arrival DLC.

well kinda meh.

almost no choices.

story is kinda gay.

looks nice as always.

what are your thoughts?
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Well I didn't expect it to be as good as LotSB. It is like half the price anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guessing that means its up, good to hear.
    BfA Beta Time

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just played it then, i thought it was great. But LoTSB was better. Definitely worth the money, but goddamn after playing through it i remember why i hate enemies with flame throwers so much, if one gets a single hit on you're dead because you can't move while they're attacking you and then when you can finally move again they attack again, you just stand there and watch as you die T_T.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Just played it then, i thought it was great. But LoTSB was better. Definitely worth the money, but goddamn after playing through it i remember why i hate enemies with flame throwers so much, if one gets a single hit on you're dead because you can't move while they're attacking you and then when you can finally move again they attack again, you just stand there and watch as you die T_T.
    Or better yet, they can be planted directly behind a door you just hacked, leaving you with no escape options. Damn that god damn locked door.
    BfA Beta Time

OMGSPOILARS BELOW

Freeze the game, and have an ally use some stun/biotic attack on them.

I enjoyed the part where three hundred thousand Batarians died.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    OMGSPOILARS BELOW

yeah i suppose that would work, ..... if you had squad members in this mission.

Its easy, even on Insanity, and very short. It is still very much worth it to continue the story and bridge the gap. Its also not like it wasn't fun for a couple hours. It was pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    OMGSPOILARS BELOW

I enjoyed the part where three hundred thousand Batarians died.
    I thought Shepard was very cavalier and accepting of that situation. And there was really no foreshadowing it either. I mean I know it was DLC... but it really just seemed to come out of left field... and after struggling with the moral implications of sacrificing one life in Mass Effect... all of a sudden Shepard basically shrugs off the death of hundreds of thousands? Greater good and all that, I know. And I am not saying that it wasn't necessary... but it seems to me like there should have been... something more. Granted, I played the DLC before I finished the game... so maybe that has me jaded.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

"Meh" is already pushing it, I think it was just terrible. It should have been a "get hyped for ME3" DLC and instead they managed to make the worst DLC ever.

Deleted
    BioWare is even greedier than AVB. The amount of shitty DLC they throw at people is mind-boggling. And yet that shit still sells.

Seriously, no other company is milking the whole DLC bullshit like BioWare. I wish people would stop buying into it.

Meh, decent. Finally meeting Hackett is worth the price of admission, but killing off 300 thousand batarians is quite the bonus.

PS: Of course LotSB was better, even with Liara being an even bigger moron than usual, but I think I got more enjoyment out of the dossiers at the end than anything else.
    Last edited by Tigercat; 2011-04-16 at 08:26 AM.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    I don't mind Batarians dying. I hate them for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ViND_ View Post
    This is why I always enjoy the first trip to omega. Right off the ship you see zaaed shoot a batarian, on the way to garrus you electrocute a batarian, and then after first talking to mordin you get to kill off an entire group of the bastards.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViND_ View Post
    Ever since the mission to save Mordin's assistant from Bartarians on Omega, I've hated Batarians with a passion.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed it, tbh - want to try playing it after the return from the reaper base, see if that changes the final conversation, but the plot was entertaining enough, and I loved the prison infiltration - very atmospheric.

It is pretty easy, but really not that much different from Lair - (minus the teleporting boss, ouch!) - length is similar, location count is similar. I don't regret buying it, and it gave me a chance to fuck with the reapers again. That's becoming, like, a hobby by now

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiysper View Post
    I really enjoyed it, tbh - want to try playing it after the return from the reaper base, see if that changes the final conversation, but the plot was entertaining enough, and I loved the prison infiltration - very atmospheric.
    As far as i know, the actual conversation itself doesn't change, just that if you haven't been to the collector base, Harbinger will talk to you through the indoctrinated Collector General, and if you have been Harbinger talks to you directly.

Deleted
    Yeah, Batarians. Human wanna-be's.

Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    As far as i know, the actual conversation itself doesn't change, just that if you haven't been to the collector base, Harbinger will talk to you through the indoctrinated Collector General, and if you have been Harbinger talks to you directly.
    I've played it both ways, this guy has it right. The dialog, voice, everything's the same. Only difference is the hologram.