10+ Year Old Account

blue post regarding UA

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2228178901

maybe it's just me, but i'm pretty damn sick of seeing spriests compared to warlocks. hybrid dps class compared to pure dps class? really? i know it's in relation to pvp but it's still a fucking joke to hear responses like this. and yet you look at the lock class forums on bnet and it's full of 'insert destro/demo pvp viability post here' threads that get zero attention.

sad as it is, i'm considering shelving my main to play my warrior as at least i can kill shit with him /sadface
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

i'm considering shelving my main to play my warrior as at least i can kill shit with him /sadface
    grass is always greener syndrome.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I may be wrong here, but didn't they kill the whole hybrid tax thingy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    hardly. i simply don't like being pigeonholed into play a spec i don't like in arena and being brought only to annoy/cc. i like to kill things. what's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    They did, as hybrids cant really heal in dps specs.

Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    hardly. i simply don't like being pigeonholed into play a spec i don't like in arena and being brought only to annoy/cc. i like to kill things. what's wrong with that?
    if you think warriors are somehow immune to nerfs, broken mechanics, and bad decisions, you are so wrong. see heroic leap.

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 06:25 PM ----------

haters are still gonna hate though : P i do however find the false sense of entitlement amusing. "but i play a PURE dot class, i should be better than them by default!!!!" .....what? I wonder if these people really listen to what they're saying sometimes.
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far from. Just a matter of utility and mobility combined with which roles you like to play.

Can be somewhat compared to the kick vs juking issue. Personally I've always found the kicking part to be way more fun than juking, mainly due to the fact that you get a feeling of success when you successfully kick while you just fucking hate yourself when you miss a juke... :P

What I meant by that is that of course it will feel more rewarding to be the one to land the kill when playing a dps rather than just CC'ing the shit out of the crowd while hoping your teammates will do something to end the game

10+ Year Old Account
    if you think warriors are somehow immune to nerfs, broken mechanics, and bad decisions, you are so wrong. see heroic leap.

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 06:25 PM ----------

haters are still gonna hate though : P i do however find the false sense of entitlement amusing. "but i play a PURE dot class, i should be better than them by default!!!!" .....what? I wonder if these people really listen to what they're saying sometimes.
    i didn't say PURE DOT CLASS l2read plz kthx. warlocks are a PURE DPS CLASS, as in there is nothing else we do beyond DPS. we can't heal nor can we tank. go troll elsewhere if you aren't going to contribute to a legitimate issue that has been plaguing this class since cataclysm launched.

furthermore, i could care less if they nerf my warrior. great if they do! then i won't get shredded in about 6 globals when i DO decide to pvp again on my warlock.

seriously, go away if you have nothing valid to offer.

i didn't say PURE DOT CLASS l2read plz kthx. warlocks are a PURE DPS CLASS, as in there is nothing else we do beyond DPS. we can't heal nor can we tank. go troll elsewhere if you aren't going to contribute to a legitimate issue that has been plaguing this class since cataclysm launched.

furthermore, i could care less if they nerf my warrior. great if they do! then i won't get shredded in about 6 globals when i DO decide to pvp again on my warlock.

First of all, chill..

Second, Being a pure dps class doesn't mean u do more dps than hybrid dps class ANYMORE. The hybrid tax is GONE.

if anything, I think ur the one trolling..

Locks are fine L2P

pure dot class pure dps class. i don't give a fuck. you're implying the same thing. "i should be better than spriests because they can respec to heals" and you know what? it's a bullshit argument.

if someone rolls a priest to play shadow, the fact that they have an option to play a completely different role is irrelevant to how good shadow priests should be.

that's like me telling you that it's okay that affliction is broken, you have a holy pally you can play instead. sound fair? no, it's complete bullshit. if you rolled a priest to dps, you should be able to dps without all the pures bitching at you because you can respec to a completely different role that you don't want to play.

l2read plz kthx
    also, grow up. this isn't 4chan.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, chill..

Second, Being a pure dps class doesn't mean u do more dps than hybrid dps class ANYMORE. The hybrid tax is GONE.

if anything, I think ur the one trolling..

Locks are fine L2P
    There's a difference between being viable and being fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    Far from. Just a matter of utility and mobility combined with which roles you like to play.

Can be somewhat compared to the kick vs juking issue. Personally I've always found the kicking part to be way more fun than juking, mainly due to the fact that you get a feeling of success when you successfully kick while you just fucking hate yourself when you miss a juke... :P

What I meant by that is that of course it will feel more rewarding to be the one to land the kill when playing a dps rather than just CC'ing the shit out of the crowd while hoping your teammates will do something to end the game
    This is perfectly reasonable. if you wan't to go play a melee, sure. great. but there was definitely a whole "grass is greener" vibe in the OP's comment about warriors after a long QQ post about viability concerns and dev attention.

but that's just how i interpreted it, and my interpretation is subjective, as are all.

There is no more hybrid tax. Hybrids are favored since the start of wotlk. Warriors, Ferals, spriests, balance druids and enhanced shammies have been performing better than locks in different patch times pvewise.

Pvp wise, lock are just not cutting it as the skill cap is too high for most and rolling ice mage was so easy. This was reinforced by a nerf campaign against locks since wotlk.

Ex-bc gladiator SL/SL lock, playing now dk for pvp and balance druid for pve / bg pwnage.

15+ Year Old Account
    The amount of reading between the lines and arm waving in this thread is amazing.

If I didn't have to go somewhere, I'd start handing out infractions.

Locked regardless. Stop complaining about hybrid, shadow priests, nerf campaigns, syntax, skill caps, BC SL/SL bullshit, and not getting enough attention. You all sound like children.

R.I.P. YARG