Amazed at Shadow Priest soloability.

I never went into the class expecting to be able to do so. But over time, while questing, I figured out how to solo just about every group quest I came across in Northrend, including the tougher five-man ones. All pretty much thanks to one talent; Masochism. By tanking big, hard-hitting mobs, you can spam Flash Heal on yourself all day long while the DoTs take effect.

My priest hasn't hit max level yet, but being able to do this has led me to wonder just how much we're able to solo. I'm thinking places like MC, Anzu, Heroic UP (to farm the blue drake). How far can we take our soloability? Any priests have some success stories to share?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I solo'd Heroic UP in rep epics and heroic blues! That's really all my major accomplishments as shadow since I heal. I enjoy shadow when I get to do dailies though.
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

I solo MC, ZA, Kara, Mag, and AQ20 every week for the gold looting. I have done heroic UP for the mount, but I'm way too lazy to do it every day. Anzu and most all of the BC heroics were easily solo'd at 80, so I'm sure they'd be no problem now. Haven't really messed with any of the other Wrath heroics at all since hitting 85.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

BC heroics are easy, yet still kinda fun. Haven't really solo'd more than that yet though.

BC Heroics were soloable as spriest in WoTLK.

Deleted
    Yeah, I've noticed the same thing while leveling my priest at launch of cata, just amazing. But I was not able to solo 2 group quests in dragonblight, the comander one and the plague giant one, since they just hit for too much.

On a somehwat related note, arcane mage is the best soloer I've played so far, when it comes to 1v1 against hard mobs. You can produce amazing damage and mirror images simplt tank while you kill.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my SP is the only of my chars that was able to solo Sarathstra. It was rather long but I couldn't solo that one even as prot pally

Thanks folks. Glad to know that soloing that stuff will be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyks View Post
    Yeah, my SP is the only of my chars that was able to solo Sarathstra. It was rather long but I couldn't solo that one even as prot pally
    Same here. Sarathstra was definitely one of my "epic feeling" moments, being able to solo that dragon. That and the couple of tough group quests in Icecrown, at 79 no less. Basic Chemistry, and the one where you kill the big undead priest dude. Forgot the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Thanks folks. Glad to know that soloing that stuff will be possible.

Same here. Sarathstra was definitely one of my "epic feeling" moments, being able to solo that dragon. That and the couple of tough group quests in Icecrown, at 79 no less. Basic Chemistry, and the one where you kill the big undead priest dude. Forgot the name.
    I didn't know it was possible to solo Basic Chemistry because the cooldown on the Spinal Fluid you need to put in was specifically designed to be longer than the time between "Add the fluid now" phases.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I didn't know it was possible to solo Basic Chemistry because the cooldown on the Spinal Fluid you need to put in was specifically designed to be longer than the time between "Add the fluid now" phases.
    It had been for the longest time, but I can confirm the CD was reduced to make it soloable no later than the last patch before the cata talents were introduced at the end of wrath, as I did it at that point.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also I've managed to solo The Foot of the Citadel where you have to kill an elite mob with non-elite adds.
    This one was made via Mind Controling the elite, killing adds by him and then back to Masochism tactics =)

The same quest I could not solo recently by Demonology Warlock. Sadly I simply overagroed mobs by healing my pet (even voidwalker)

Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    I solo MC, ZA, Kara, Mag, and AQ20 every week for the gold looting. I have done heroic UP for the mount, but I'm way too lazy to do it every day. Anzu and most all of the BC heroics were easily solo'd at 80, so I'm sure they'd be no problem now. Haven't really messed with any of the other Wrath heroics at all since hitting 85.
    you might also want to try mount hyjal, if you want the lootgold. killed 3/5 on my first attempt a few weeks ago (4th boss reset @3% as thrall died to the rain of fire -.-). did not try archimonde yet. al'ar is super easy, too. just melee him from time to time to reset the flame stacks.

Don't forget Shadowfiend+Fade for 10 seconds of free dps time =)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleysia View Post
    Don't forget Shadowfiend+Fade for 10 seconds of free dps time =)
    Wow...did not even think of that. That could have gotten me out of some hairy situations if I had known about that. Thanks. xD