Holy Priest: Looking for gear critique

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erann/advanced

I've been busy over the last week, including getting very lucky on a rainbow BH run.

My mana pool is floating around 90k buffed now, and I'm no longer having mana issues.

Basically I'm looking to make improvements still, trying to see if I'm going in the right direction.

Thanks for the continued help guys =D

Not much to comment, I would definitely run Shadowfang Keep heroic over and over to get yourself the pre-raid BiS boots though. Also grab the better leg enchant for your leggings, you will unlikely upgrade tier anytime soon so the price is worth it. Also advise grabbing the socket bonus on your belt, +10 int is pretty decent.

Deleted
    I'd say your gear is good enough to start raiding where you can get real upgrades, other than that... well, your ring from terazane is pretty crappy, it lacks spirit and has crit on it. I would also recommend getting +20 int/+20 haste gems instead of the +40 haste gems you use now, it's gives more throughput and mana.

In general, just stay away from items with crit on them and go for items with spirit on them. Pretty much every slot has an item which lacks crit and has spirit, and that will almost always be your BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion your gear is a bit inconsistent. You gem for Haste, but the rest of your gear is mostly Mastery, you even reforge Haste out.If you want Mastery gem the INT/MASTERY in Yellow, and reforge Haste to Mastery, if you want Haste gem the INT/HASTE and reforge Mastery into Haste. I'd also replace the +40 Spirit gem in favor of a Spirit/INT one. You also have reforged a lot to Spirit which is probably not necessary. If you were going out of mana a better spell selection would probably help you better than extra spirit. Also get (decent) glyphs.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Aside from the lack of glyphs (Get that fixed... yesterday?) my main question to you would be: Do you really need all that extra spirit you get due to reforging?

The debate between haste vs mastery vs haste/mastery is endless, but if you feel like you lack regen I would reconsider your gemming in the yellow sockets and focus your gear on either mastery, haste or a balance of both (Personally I prefer haste).

Deleted
    Gems should be something like this:
    Red: Int
    Yellow: Int + mastery/haste
    Blue: Int + Spirit

You have pretty decent legs, considered spending the extra buck and getting the bis enchant, costs around 400-500g on my server atm.

Do some arena, you have to win 7 games (at any rating over 2 weeks) and you can get a pair of boots like this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=60636#dropped-by or you can farm SFK/HoO for some pve boots. They are roughly the same.

You should not spend more than 31 points in the holy tree. I'd lose a point in tome of light (fairly useless talent) and pick up reduced shadowfiend.

Glyphs should be: renew/guardian spirit/lightwell+poh --- dispel/fade + pom + coh --- fade + random + random

Btw don't listen to the people saying you should stop reforging to spirit, they are oboviously clueless. A holy priest with 2k spirit needs all the spirit he can get. If you have "to much mana" I suggest you consider your spell usage and increase it to spend more mana (more greater heals instead of heals!) or just do harder content.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-03-30 at 12:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Btw don't listen to the people saying you should stop reforging to spirit, they are obviously clueless. A holy priest with 2k spirit needs all the spirit he can get. If you have "too much mana" I suggest you consider your spell usage and increase it to spend more mana (more Greater Heals instead of Heals!) or just do harder content.
    Excuse me, but I (and the other people saying he shouldn't be reforging to Spirit) am not clueless. His/Her best option is getting gear with Spirit on, which is what s/he should focus on. The pieces without Spirit should be the first one replaced. S/He says s/he's no longer having mana issues, so that's a good indication that all the Spirit isn't needed anymore and if it is, should be upgraded by taking Spirit-pieces, not by reforging to it. You want a Holy Priest, who claims to have no mana problems anymore to get Veiled Shadows AND get more Spirit. That's pretty much overkill.
    You also have to take a look at the content s/he is running. This looks to be mainly heroic dungeons, where Veiled Shadows is wasted and Tome of Light is great.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Yes, my comment may have been a bit harsh. But tbh advising a priest that he should reforge away from an already fairly low amount of spirit seems dumb. If he is not having problems with mana he is most likely not having trouble with healing, so gearing mastery/haste would be just as useless. But what if some day he joins a pug and the tank is actually not one of those garbage tanks that stands around says "ready?" every pull? Or he wants to try a pug bwd/bot raid, you're gonna want that spirit in these cases! The only time I would advise against not increasing your spirit as much as possible (after int ofc) is if you're running 25m raids and the other healers can carry you doing the downphases, so you can burst doing peak dmg.

Also he is almost done with heroics in terms of gearing, once the boots are fixed there is little reason to go there aside from valor pts.

Take 2 points out of Divine Touch because It only effects when you first put the renew down.
    If you're running HC Dungeons you'll be refreshing it in Serenity anyway and if you're raid healing it shouldn't be used iirc.

Blessed Resilience is bugged and it procs of any HoTs on you, so go there for the 30% reduction if you wish

Apart from that, you're fine. Just replace your boots as soon as you can!