Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cho'gall 10 DPS Issues

Sorry for having to butcher the links, I guess I should start posting more.

WoL: worldoflogs com / reports/xu704unicl5je5ht/sum/damageDone/?s=8497&e=8932

We had a couple of decent attempts last night. I picked the one in which we survived the longest.

I may be asking too much of people who were not there, but can you guys help me out here?

It looks like none of my damage dealers have any business raiding except the Warlock.

Also: raidbots com / comparebot/4d93286e7dfc0b1c2800020f#mistakes

There is no way we are going to make it through this fight if people are getting hit with Corrupting Crash, right?

If multiple people are eating Corrupting Crash on a consistent basis, then you aren't going to make Cho'gall's soft enrage in the final phase, due to people reaching 100 Corruption.

But yeah, your people that aren't cracking at least 12k DPS on Cho'gall are holding you back too. No excuse for your mages to barely be cracking 9-10k, especially with how many epics they have.

Deleted
    Yeah, People pulling under par dps here is not going to help those who are pulling out ok dps, its not about your own dps its about overall
    you should not be being hit by any corrupting crash, its really easy to avoid, try grouping up on MC or the boss will be receiving too many stacks also and your dps will suffer more because of lack of uptime

Dps numbers are much gimped down, since you need to switch often targets and/or aoe, but 9-10k is simply not enough (i manage to do around 17)

Oh yeah, it also looks like you guys are doing it with 5 DPS/3 heal/2 tank. I highly recommend going 2 heal for Cho'gall and telling your raid to not be bad at avoiding Corrupting Crash. You're going to need that 6th DPS to have enough uptime on Cho'gall during the final phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryoh View Post
    Oh yeah, it also looks like you guys are doing it with 5 DPS/3 heal/2 tank. I highly recommend going 2 heal for Cho'gall and telling your raid to not be bad at avoiding Corrupting Crash. You're going to need that 6th DPS to have enough uptime on Cho'gall during the final phase.
    If they are not used to the fight, 3 healer is fine. We do it this way in raid 2 untile healers are confident enough.

In regards to corruption: Your raiders are actually doing alright on Corrupting Crash. Optimally you do not get hit at all, but the worst offenders got hit once per wipe on average. It's also doable to complete the fight even people do not perfectly dodge it. More worrying are the amount of Depravity casts the Corrupting Adherents get off. On your average attempt 7 of these got through: Leading to very high corruption indeed for your various melee as well as the person tanking the adherent. That's something that you should definitely work on improving. That's not particularly helped of course by your only people who can interrupt frequently enough being the tanks or the resto shaman (Who are likely not hit capped), but the Mages could be alternating counterspells or something similar to help.

In addition some of your players are also standing in Spilled Blood of the Old God, the puddle left behind by Corrupting Adherents upon their death. This is so easily avoidable that the only people who should ever take any damage from it is the add tank.

Additionally, a lot of guilds use only 2 healers on the Cho'gall encounter to help improve their DPS. On 10-man in particular it's usually helpful to aim for triggering phase 2 before Cho'gall can cast his fourth Fester Blood: Which usually involves off-tanking the fourth Corrupting Adherent that spawn. For most 10-man raids handling 12 Blood of the Old God at once is the upper limit, plus in general if you need longer than that you'll likely have trouble finishing off Cho'gall in time in the final phase of the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If they are not used to the fight, 3 healer is fine. We do it this way in raid 2 untile healers are confident enough.
    Good point. My guild waffled back and forth between 2 and 3, with doing 3 heal until we got enough guild experience for the final phase, and getting our first kill with 2 healers. Then again, we also had the luxury of having a boomkin and resto druid for cross-innervate goodness, so YMMV.

Couldn't agree more. We used to run it with 3 healers because they weren't confident in their ability to 2 heal it. We got him down in the end, but it wasn't easy. Then the next week we managed to convince them to try it, and he went down on the first try.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a good raid healer 2 healing it is fine as long as people know how to utilize defensive CD's. I can't really look at your logs but my suggestion would be to get 2 snares for all of the Blood, get 3 aoe DPS since you will likely push after 4th set. Make sure you go in a set order for stalks: Clockwise/Counterclock Wise, In group stalks, have people with interrupts interrupting when possible. Hunters can Deter/FD the Spell off of themselves.

Deleted
    my guild is also having a few probs on chogall 10, for us im sure its only mced ppl being up too long sometimes and ppl not avoiding all shadow crashes, we have had 2 raid nights on chogall so far and our best attempt was 10%, dps seems ok too. But any additional tips and info on the fight that may help us down him would be very much appreciated. Also in phase 2 whats the best way to deal with it? we tried killing tentacles but that obviously loses boss time and they just respawned but when we didnt kill them we only stunned as much as possible we quickly became overwhelmed and got owned sux to be us i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Additionally, a lot of guilds use only 2 healers on the Cho'gall encounter to help improve their DPS. On 10-man in particular it's usually helpful to aim for triggering phase 2 before Cho'gall can cast his fourth Fester Blood: Which usually involves off-tanking the fourth Corrupting Adherent that spawn. For most 10-man raids handling 12 Blood of the Old God at once is the upper limit, plus in general if you need longer than that you'll likely have trouble finishing off Cho'gall in time in the final phase of the encounter.
    This is exactly what we do, the fourth add (we use 3 healers at the moment because our dps is good) is ignored in favour of pushing P2. Although I don't know how this will help you if your dps is struggling, try 2 healers as suggested but that puts a nice bit of strain on both healers especially if your raid is taking unnecessary damage

Thank you all so much for your replies!

Dps numbers are much gimped down, since you need to switch often targets and/or aoe, but 9-10k is simply not enough (i manage to do around 17)
    I think I'm going to have to tell them '12k or go home'

We are using three healers. It's the way we've raided up until this point. You're right about needing it for the final phase.

Even with 6 DPS (the resto shaman would go elemental), the DPS needs to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOGG View Post
    my guild is also having a few probs on chogall 10, for us im sure its only mced ppl being up too long sometimes and ppl not avoiding all shadow crashes, we have had 2 raid nights on chogall so far and our best attempt was 10%, dps seems ok too. But any additional tips and info on the fight that may help us down him would be very much appreciated. Also in phase 2 whats the best way to deal with it? we tried killing tentacles but that obviously loses boss time and they just respawned but when we didnt kill them we only stunned as much as possible we quickly became overwhelmed and got owned sux to be us i guess.
    We focus fire them down asap. They're supposed to 'respawn', just nuke them down again. The quicker they go down the more time on the boss you'll have.

Deleted
    Have one of mage stand in the black pool, get 100% corruption, then have priest pws him every time weakened soul runs out. Then p1 is beyond easy as the mage can solo all adds, when he dies in p2 combat ress him and just continue as normal. Our mage is doing about 35-40k dps on this fight. Also means you can 2 heal much easier since the fight is so much shorter.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8448&e=8741

Deleted
    True. We also tried it a lot with 2 healer, no way. The second tank always died during Cho'galls fire-weapon-phase or the healer hit 0% mana when phase 2 started.

3 healer works fine.

Deleted
    Are you tanking Cho'gall on his throne final phase by the way? helps alot especially since your raid should be stacking (5 yards apart) behind the boss just outside the throne area, meaning that the adds will be spawned close to the boss and in a small area allowing aoe dps on them, this really helps when the adds are spawned as aoe damage will nuke them down fast. Just make sure they are interrupted
    Last edited by mmocd0a92c5d08; 2011-03-30 at 02:19 PM.

My raid had dps ranging from 10k-16k and we had no issues. The key is making a faster switch to the adds, and thats about positioning. Faster switch to the add = more dps faster = add dying faster

Deleted
    thanks digits we will try that tonight and see how we get on

Deleted
    Always 3 healed this, but then you need good dps for this. 2 healing will let the dps slack, but u need good healers for this. So decide which way to go and stick with it. We started as 3 healers and killed it fine, then there didn't seem much point in altering it around once it was on farm. If it ain't broken there is little point in trying to fix it .

As mentioned above, ppl need to avoid avoidable stuff and perform well.