Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Mythic Gul'dan Video

    It's been almost 10 days now since Mythic Gul'dan was killed and no video from anyone. At the time of this posting there are 4 guilds that have cleared him. Usually in the past, as soon as a 2nd guild cleared the final boss, the first guild would post a video. Why is it taking so long to post a video?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    It's been almost 10 days now since Mythic Gul'dan was killed and no video from anyone. At the time of this posting there are 4 guilds that have cleared him. Usually in the past, as soon as a 2nd guild cleared the final boss, the first guild would post a video. Why is it taking so long to post a video?
    The rule is 5 guilds, not 2.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    The rule is 5 guilds, not 2.
    Since when? It's never been that way.

  4. #4
    Pit Lord Seramore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Millbrae, California
    Posts
    2,378
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    It's been almost 10 days now since Mythic Gul'dan was killed and no video from anyone. At the time of this posting there are 4 guilds that have cleared him. Usually in the past, as soon as a 2nd guild cleared the final boss, the first guild would post a video. Why is it taking so long to post a video?
    because videos actually take effort to put out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    rule
    lol.

  5. #5
    Slootbag, the tank for Serenity, said on stream the other day that world first kill videos get released only after 5 guilds have killed that boss.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    because videos actually take effort to put out.

    lol.
    It's an agreed upon rule among most of the top guilds.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    because videos actually take effort to put out.
    Exorsus put out their world first Xavius within 2 days of their kill.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    It's an agreed upon rule among most of the top guilds.
    Literally the first I have ever heard of anything like this in the 11 years of playing WoW.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Exorsus put out their world first Xavius within 2 days of their kill.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Literally the first I have ever heard of anything like this in the 11 years of playing WoW.
    Because there were actually prolly 10kills after they killed it in matter of days.
    Also Xavius lul... Cenarius was the true last boss in EN.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Exorsus put out their world first Xavius within 2 days of their kill.

    - - - Updated - - -
    Enough said

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Exorsus put out their world first Xavius within 2 days of their kill.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Literally the first I have ever heard of anything like this in the 11 years of playing WoW.
    Because at least 5 guilds killed mythic Xavius within those 2 days.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Exorsus put out their world first Xavius within 2 days of their kill.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Literally the first I have ever heard of anything like this in the 11 years of playing WoW.
    No one cares about Xavius, 5 guilds killed it when it got uploaded anyway. If you haven't heard about "the rule" then clearly you don't care enough about the World First race therefore no point in even talking about any of this. It won't be uploaded until the 5th kill happens.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zf View Post
    Because at least 5 guilds killed mythic Xavius within those 2 days.
    I was actually replying to when he said videos take effort, not the difficulty of the content.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Since when? It's never been that way.
    Mythic Blackhand World First - Method: Feb 20 (https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu.../rating.tier17)

    Mythic Blackhand World Fifth: March 6 (https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/cn.../rating.tier17)

    Mythic Blackhand World First Video uploaded March 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHJ_...channel=Method

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Mythic Blackhand World First - Method: Feb 20 (https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu.../rating.tier17)

    Mythic Blackhand World Fifth: March 6 (https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/cn.../rating.tier17)

    Mythic Blackhand World First Video uploaded March 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHJ_...channel=Method
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu.../rating.tier18 Mythic Archimonde July 16th

    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu.../rating.tier18 5th Guild July 30th

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx6ipbVOWvY World First Mythic Video July 28th

    Your point?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Heroic 25 man Garrosh was first cleared on Oct. 1st, video on the 6th, 5th guild on the 10th.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Heroic Ra-den cleared April 11th, video April 22nd, 5th guild the 23rd.
    (It doesn't match up for Lei Shen either)

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    5,853
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    It's been almost 10 days now since Mythic Gul'dan was killed and no video from anyone. At the time of this posting there are 4 guilds that have cleared him. Usually in the past, as soon as a 2nd guild cleared the final boss, the first guild would post a video. Why is it taking so long to post a video?
    no it has never been that way, it has allways been 5 kills, thats like the olypmics going "ok silver, no bronze medal cause fuck you"


    not all guuidls follow this "rule" exactly
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-14 at 03:04 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    There are a few reasons for deviation of the general 5 guild rule.

    If a boss takes an unusual amount of time for 5 guilds to kill it (like Archimonde), the guild may release it when they feel enough time has gone by.

    If there are lower end guilds (~top 15) who are on and start streaming their progress, some guilds may release their kill videos.

    Also it is up to the individual guild who gets the world first. If a Chinese guild, for example, got World First Mythic Gul'dan, they probably wouldn't honor the 5 guild rule.


    In the end, it isn't a hard rule, but generally, it is honored by the typical top guilds. Exorsus will likely not release their video until another guild kills Gul'dan or another 1-2 weeks go by without another kill.

  17. #17
    Most of the top guilds have agreed that it is good form to wait until 5 kills before publishing the WF kill. Exorsus is not one of those guilds that always hold to the "rule" however. Although they have already tweeted that they are trying to get it done by the 5 guild mark
    Last edited by Swag; 2017-02-14 at 03:01 AM. Reason: gram

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    There are a few reasons for deviation of the general 5 guild rule.

    If a boss takes an unusual amount of time for 5 guilds to kill it (like Archimonde), the guild may release it when they feel enough time has gone by.

    If there are lower end guilds (~top 15) who are on and start streaming their progress, some guilds may release their kill videos.

    Also it is up to the individual guild who gets the world first. If a Chinese guild, for example, got World First Mythic Gul'dan, they probably wouldn't honor the 5 guild rule.


    In the end, it isn't a hard rule, but generally, it is honored by the typical top guilds. Exorsus will likely not release their video until another guild kills Gul'dan or another 1-2 weeks go by without another kill.
    Looking through WoW progress and the video publication dates, the ONLY boss that actually follows a 5 guild rule is Mythic Blackhand.

  19. #19
    I guess it wouldn't be considered a rule but more of an agreement amongst top end guilds to wait a while or to have at least 5 guilds kill it.

    usually it's the later of 5 guilds killing the boss and as it stands there are 4 guilds who've gotten Gul'dan down so far, also Exorsus did say they would take their time with the editing and I'm also guessing they're trying to get as many PoV's as possible for it as well.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    I guess it wouldn't be considered a rule but more of an agreement amongst top end guilds to wait a while or to have at least 5 guilds kill it.

    usually it's the later of 5 guilds killing the boss and as it stands there are 4 guilds who've gotten Gul'dan down so far, also Exorsus did say they would take their time with the editing and I'm also guessing they're trying to get as many PoV's as possible for it as well.
    I would rather take Exorsus wants to take their time editing and putting out a really cool video as the reason its taking so long instead of some stupid rule everyone keeps using as an excuse that literally has only been followed once going back to 25 man heroic Ragnaros.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •