Page 1 of 2
LastLast

is malkorok a pubstomper?

I ask this because I have wiped on Malkorok in flex more times than I have wiped elsewhere in the rest of flex combined, maybe 10 wipes total.

His whole mechanics doesnt seem bad, but I have never progressed past flex 3 because of it...
    As a tank I dont know if theres much more than I can do than the following:

Let OT get 10-15 stacks and taunt
    Mark where smashes happen with /wm command
    group up in p2.

:/
    Im decently geared for it too, at i535..
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Could be other people not hugging the circles that wipes the group instead of something you or the OT may or may not be doing right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Song that's currently stuck in my head: Shovel Knight - Of Devious Machinations (Clockwork Tower) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYDw-ejVu6c

The flex groups that I get in almost always one-shot Malkorok. I've only wiped on him maybe 3 or 4 times. In my experience, Galakras and Nazgrim are more pugstompers than Malk is.

Galakras? how?! If anything I could see the Shaman and Nazgrim be pubstompers...

Maybe the common denominator is me..
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

As a tank there's not much you can do as long as you move out of the bad properly and pull the boss in reasonable, straight lines (not wildly drag him across the room in panic right when his cleave is about to begin).

This fight relies on having a bunch of other people that know
    a) where and when the cake slices are going to ignite
    b) when puddles are coming up
    c) to soak them in time, not running away in fear even if it was malkoroks third arcing smash in a row.

It is a really easy fight, but it is one of those that can't be carried by one or two good players who are the only ones willing to do more than follow the pack.

Its a recipe for disaster tbh, its a fight with simple mechanics and unforgiving if you do mess up, Don't get me wrong I love the fight its simple and relatively patchwerk but yeah if you miss a few of the purple pool's its a wipe.

A lot of people trying flex or somethng may have never tried it before perhaps only in LFR so they don't realize they have to move because some one else won't do it for them.

The flex groups that I get in almost always one-shot Malkorok.

the biggest reasons i ever wiped on him on flex where either:
    1. people not standing in the circle's
    2. people standing in the smash zones (mainly when he does the big smash)
    3. people not standing as a group in the 2nd phase ( or standing on a tank who would solo soak all the damage through cooldowns)

tank caused wipes are really really rare for this fight in my experience

It usually takes me 1-2 wipes on this boss in order to weed out the bads and replace. After bads have been kicked for not soaking puddles or dying to breath etc, the rest of the run is smooth

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    tank caused wipes are really really rare for this fight in my experience
    I did a flex yesterday where the tank spun Malkorok during blood rage like a top, which was pretty fantastic.

On topic: I find that the third tier of flex is kind of a wake up for healers as well. A few earlier fights (Iron Jugg and Shamans) are a bit of a healer check, but none really compare to Thok. Malkorok is a different fight to heal, where instead of reacting to people with low HP you are proactive and build shields on people by using your usual toolkit or having to adapt to a whole new playstyle.

Some people took forever to learn not to stand in voids. Now they are supposed to stand IN the voids? That's just too much for some.

Is pubstomper same as pugstomper ?

Biggest ones I used to see were Galakras and Malkorok. Last Malkorok one I did had an ungemmed Druid tank who was forced go gem (came back with parry gems) and was completely useless. Also led by a boostard in half greens. I dislike pugs strongly, and often dislike doing them recently.
    Alliance - Shadowsong

Horde - Tarren-Mill
    Culmination - Nulo - Amissio - Dreadnought

The Patient
    Strange. Malkorok is one of the last bosses I would ever think of as problematic in Flex3. Thok, yes. Spoils sometimes. But Malkorok?

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Strange. Malkorok is one of the last bosses I would ever think of as problematic in Flex3. Thok, yes. Spoils sometimes. But Malkorok?
    Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous how many people fail on Malkorok's mechanics.
    He indeed probably is the biggest problem in Flex 3. I've seen countless groups disband because people don't soak or die to the Breath, despite the fact that there are even marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yep, it's not uncommon for continentals to refer to PUGs or random groups as pubs, as in public game, groupe publique.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I get knocked down but I get up again you're never gonna keep me down I get knocked down but I get up again you're never gonna keep me down

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    He indeed probably is the biggest problem in Flex 3.
    Myeh, failures on secrets annoy people much faster.

Its easy when you get a few ranged that stop whatever the fuck they're doing and get in the damned puddle
    "I'll tease you until you burst. I hope you can last until morning."
    -CC Sadist.

High Overlord
    same boat as OP.. purple swirls are in nightmares now.if I had 1 copper each time someone didnt stand in the purple swirl i would crash the server for the amount of gold I had.

Also on blood rage people stand in the stacked group with the debuff and kill everyone..

I have killed flex garrosh more times then flex malk...

malkorok is a dick on flexi & heroic 25.

hes annoying because if you play with tunnellers they will wipe you. goddamn tunnelers.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week world cup soccer!