Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Ariahna: With raid buffs, it looks like about 1291 haste rating is about what you aim for to get your PoH down to 2.1? However, to get PoH down to 2.2 seconds, you only need around 651 haste rating. I think that 640 mastery rating would round up to 4% additional healing over 6 seconds, although I'm not 100% sure.
    You have to be careful about providing haste ratings based on raid buffs because the assumption there is that you have 3/3 in Darkness (3% haste coming from talents), and not all holy priests spec that way.

Remember, the true value of haste is not that you might cast one spell slightly (.1 sec) faster, it is that you can cast more spells in less time. That is also why haste has diminishing value for any time other than when you are GCD locked (i.e. spam casting).

I miss the old EJ calculations of stat weights based on burst or sustained output. It really helped to demonstrate why a balance of stats is generally best because most of us have periods of time where we are GCD locked but other times when we are not.

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lkonig View Post
    Ariahna could you link your armory? I think I found it your in Medhiv?
    Here I am: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ariahna/simple

P.S. I am a little low on my target haste rating right now but that is due to some new gear I just got last night. I will be reforging a little mastery to haste before our raid to get it back where I want it. Also, I would prefer to have either Incineratus or the mace off Nefarian but we are now doing Heroic Magmaw and it will be quite a long time before all the casters get that and I would never take it over one of them. We don't kill Nef regularly either due to our short raid schedule (9 hours) and current focus on progression. So I'm content with what I have.
    Last edited by Ariahna; 2011-03-31 at 07:08 PM.

I ended up changing my spec by 1 point, I took a point out of Divine Touch and moved it to Test of Faith. On bosses Divine Touch was around 1% of my healing, I believe the extra 4% increase to heals below 50% will keep people alive a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm scared to respec out of Tome of Light because of H Chimaeron, but I think maybe I'll just make my OS another Holy spec without it. Do you guys think that ToL is almost necessary for H Chim, or have you done that fight without it?
    [/CENTER]

I don't know, I have Tome of Light in my spec, and I don't plan on dropping it. I use Holy Word: Serenity basically on CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    I'm scared to respec out of Tome of Light because of H Chimaeron, but I think maybe I'll just make my OS another Holy spec without it. Do you guys think that ToL is almost necessary for H Chim, or have you done that fight without it?
    The hps increase is almost not noticable as long as you spam poh/coh/lightwell you can keep the raid up just fine, i actually have to stop healing because people are topped off doing feud these days...

10+ Year Old Account
    not during 25 man heroic there's always those 4 people that seemed to have had hugged each other and get hit like... right before Massacre hate that. I also use Serenity on CD but sometimes I forget during super AoE fights when I'm spamming PoH or CoH, so I don't know, maybe I will try doing a raid this week specd out of it see if it makes any difference.
    [/CENTER]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    I don't know, I have Tome of Light in my spec, and I don't plan on dropping it. I use Holy Word: Serenity basically on CD.
    Well, if you actually USE chakra: serenity, I think tome of light is a must... most holy priests only use chakra: serenity in dungeons though, making the talent points completely wasted for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Well, if you actually USE chakra: serenity, I think tome of light is a must... most holy priests only use chakra: serenity in dungeons though, making the talent points completely wasted for raiding.
    ^ This. I have done every heroic we have done (5/13) without using Sanctuary. I honestly believe Hexia that you will not notice a difference at all, well maybe that your mana lasts longer, but that is about it. If you are tank healing a lot though, which is sounds like Afflictid does in his 10 man group, then for sure it is a worthwhile talent, just like it is great in 5 mans.
    Last edited by Ariahna; 2011-04-01 at 03:46 PM.

I raid on a holy/disc priest as my main alt. it's currently 2/13 heroic and 11/12 normal.

When you raid with other competent healers; the mastery and the PoH glyph are actually over healing a lot for me. I have very little over heal on the actual heals... but the HoT ticks are mostly wasted.

To that effect; mastery's "benefit" for me in most encounters is pretty low... so I've been stacking haste. I don't reforge out of mastery in most cases, but I am trying for gear with haste over mastery. This is just a personal thing, and I am sure others will counter it with their own arguments that are also perfectly valid... I just raid with a setup where aoe healing is strong, so while I do the bulk of it, most people are topped off before those HoTs can tick.

EDIT: I swap in more mastery gear for disc when I do go disc.
    Last edited by EndGame; 2011-04-01 at 01:43 PM.