Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Terrible Change!

(I PvP on my resto shaman and PvE on my lock.)

Deleted
    oh just becouse you cant outheal UA's dmg with a single dispel?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katsumo View Post
    now increase our single target damage and i will be happy.
    They did. Wait for 4.1

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Outhealing our DoTs? I've been playing an Affli lock in BGs since nearly the start of Cata, and I never noticed this. Mind you, it might be that it was at arena level this happened? Or am I just really blon-- Like, yellow haired.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I spent 50g to rename my Felguard but clicked succubus instead. Domvina was gone... I was so sad... 600g later Vilvina lives!
    Might be offtopic but you can open a ticket and ask a GM to change it back. It happened to my succubus once to and a nice GM gave me back Lynnth (Bronva was an ugly name, reminds me of Eva Braun with the name put into a blender and the pieces glued together at random.)

meh, won't make that much difference.

except in maybe forcing restoshams to hard cast something that can be spell locked, and that would only be beneficial if the spell lock isnt on CD. Even then, that's a stretch. Resto shams certainly got the better of locks this patch, especially since resto shams are going to be able to wind shear you without missing. Even if you are the best juker of all time, you will still get your face windsheared off.

LOLdispel still exists and the pittance of damage it is to dispel UA and the meager silence are not going to stop any class from continuing to practice it, resto shams or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenis View Post
    It wont do anything, nerd. They will still dispel it.
    7 posts and you're already insulting a mod? keep it up.... you'll be out of here before you know it.

OT: it's about time they changed this talent. good change all around.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    The problem was that UA or not, the Shaman would dispel everything regardless and still out-HPS our DPS.
    are you talking 1v1?

Quote Originally Posted by happycowdisease View Post
    are you talking 1v1?
    No, he is talking level 85. Maybe that is why you cannot comprehend what he saying.

Quote Originally Posted by z1g View Post
    No, he is talking level 85. Maybe that is why you cannot comprehend what he saying.
    oh... please... don't hurt me mr.85. i'll humor you for a bit though so ok, lets talk level 85 pvp.

pvp at 85 according to blizzard is balanced around 3v3. if its 3v3 and you are letting the shaman heal or top off his team simply from spamming cleanse spirit then the root of the problem is not cleanse spirit. obviously, you're not playing 3v3. you're playing 2v3 because its just you and a healer right? you're lacking that 2nd dps to help, i'm assuming, so the shaman healer must have all the time in the world to just let riptide and cleanse spirit do all the work. do you comprehend what i'm saying? wait let me put it in some kind order for you so you understand:

blow some cd's, keep dots rolling on all 3, your team mate deeps better, use some cc's = force shaman healer to hard cast heals and not spam cleanse spirit or instants = at some point all 3 targets will be low = pick target for hard switch = profit.

in other words, l2p. do you comprehend? if you're really set on crying, you should be crying about lock mobility vs melee. or do you arena vs nice melee that stop and let you setup your portal and then start the match again?

Quote Originally Posted by happycowdisease View Post
    oh... please... don't hurt me mr.85. i'll humor you for a bit though so ok, lets talk level 85 pvp.

pvp at 85 according to blizzard is balanced around 3v3. if its 3v3 and you are letting the shaman heal or top off his team simply from spamming cleanse spirit then the root of the problem is not cleanse spirit. obviously, you're not playing 3v3. you're playing 2v3 because its just you and a healer right? you're lacking that 2nd dps to help, i'm assuming, so the shaman healer must have all the time in the world to just let riptide and cleanse spirit do all the work. do you comprehend what i'm saying? wait let me put it in some kind order for you so you understand:

blow some cd's, keep dots rolling on all 3, your team mate deeps better, use some cc's = force shaman healer to hard cast heals and not spam cleanse spirit or instants = at some point all 3 targets will be low = pick target for hard switch = profit.

in other words, l2p. do you comprehend? if you're really set on crying, you should be crying about lock mobility vs melee. or do you arena vs nice melee that stop and let you setup your portal and then start the match again?
    I am sorry I misread your previous post. I thought you said lvl 1 rather than 1 VS 1.

I don't think however that I have cried about anything here. I do think the change is justifiable. There is not much of a decision making process involved in cleansing. With this change and the change to UA dispell damage UA will still get cleansed, but there will be a little more though put into it rather than mindless cleanse spamming.

I am sorry I misread your previous post. I thought you said lvl 1 rather than 1 VS 1.

I don't think however that I have cried about anything here. I do think the change is justifiable. There is not much of a decision making process involved in cleansing. With this change and the change to UA dispell damage UA will still get cleansed, but there will be a little more though put into it rather than mindless cleanse spamming.
    The change is positive, they cant justify Shaman healing thats better while never casting a heal. It was very out of kilter. Now at least they still get the occasional heal but thier throughput is way down. They can still spam dispells but now they cant heal as much from it.

I hate to be negative but I really don't think this going to help at all. Healers will be able to shrug this damage off with no worries. They can still negate all our damage which is my problem with dispels right now. I'll get shit for saying it but the damage from dispelling UA should be more like 50 - 75% health. ZOMG that's too OP. Bullshit. They don't have to dispel, its a choice and choices have consequences. If you don't want to get face raped by UA then just heal through it. If Blizz gave us a spammable disarm the melee classes would lose their fucking minds but to do essentially the same thing to Locks and Spriests is somehow just "part of the game". I just don't get it.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenis View Post
    It wont do anything, nerd. They will still dispel it.
    insulting a moderator? really? *facepalm*

@OP i like this fix, i like it a lot
    now they just need to nerf pvp windshear into the ground and all will be right with the world XD
    sick of being shredded by enhance shammys and getting balls all casts off
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-04-01 at 02:33 PM.

Q F T

If Blizz gave us a spammable disarm the melee classes would lose their fucking minds but to do essentially the same thing to Locks and Spriests is somehow just "part of the game". I just don't get it.
    Let me lock melee out for 5 seconds every 10 seconds and see how they feel...

Wasn't haunt damage being raised by 30%? If so that should suffice with all the other buffs and nerfs to shaman.

Ua - dispell hits for double
    Haunt - 30% damage increase
    Felhunter - damage buff
    Mastery - damage buff

Aff locks should be more potent. Will demo or destro get any love? They are total crap in arena.

Aye, this was much needed. Shamans had the easy road there for a long time.

playing both resto sham and ua lock, i can tell you that there is a process to dispelling ua. in arena's i can risk dispelling ua at the start of the match for the first 10-15 secs. dps cd's will usually be blown already so its a combination of both dispels and direct heals on my teammates. mid-game to late game, there is no way any resto sham would risk dispelling ua. by this time you're probably below 30% mana, one teammate is probably at 40% hp, the other probably 60% hp, and if dots are rolling on me as well, i'm probably sitting around 80% hp. i'm not going to risk dispelling ua to eat that silence to go into another cc (since my trinket will most likely be down) or have ua reapplied. the problem with dispelling is in rbg's and in pug bg's when there are multiple healers. in rbg's i will dispel ua when i'm near other healers because i just call it out and they dispel the silence off of me and i'm right back into healing again. i will spam dispel if a ua lock is trying to 1v1 me in midfield. but, you don't have this luxury in arena's unless you're running double healer. even with double healer, you're much likely going to run into resto druid/disc priest then a resto sham/x healer. there is a process folks, believe it or not. and if you've ever played a resto sham in arenas/rbg's you would know that. the 2 talent points are barely worth it now. now its a holy shock (holy pally baseline) with a debuff requirement.

for ua locks, ua should either 1) hit harder 2) allowed to crit again 3) make it hit the healers mana too or 4) ua should be the first magic debuff removed if its up. but, even those wont help much simply because the silence debuff can be dispelled. you would need to make the silence debuff a physical debuff in order to prevent healers from cross dispelling.

I think haunt needs its damage doubled. Okay it used to hit for 4k, not it will hit for 5k. It's not like that fixes anything, I would love it to be more like a Mind Blast and not just a buff placer. All this in the line of balance of course, maybe lower something else to buff Haunt - such as pets or Shadow Embrace.

But anyway, quite happy with 4.1 for now.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.

..............double ppost, my phone sucks.

---------- Post added 2011-04-01 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    Aye, this was much needed. Shamans had the easy road there for a long time.
    Yeah, try playing resto shaman against melee cleaves and tell me how easy it is. This nerf will definitely lower our effectiveness vs spell cleaves so I hope our defensive cd is good to make up for this. We are currently gods against casters and below average vs melee.
    Last edited by Shamygandof; 2011-04-01 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holypowah View Post
    Ya, whats up with succubus doing more damage than our awesome felguard? and i even spent 50G to rename him....
    HAH ! My felguard came with the name Flaathun. NO WAI im changing so much awsomeness