Help with dispelling

So I am fairly new to healing, I was a DPS class untill Cata came out. I have been using healbot which has been working well for me so far. When the PTR came out I copied my resto shaman over so I could try out the revamped instances. I noticed that my healbot addon was basicly unusable since it would lag the game badly when combat started. So I ended up switching to the wow raid frames and setup some mouseover macros to kind of mimic healbot.

Here is my problem...I am so used to healbot changing the color of a frame when someone has a spell on them I can dispell.

So my question is there a way, preferably without using addons, to make it more noticable when I can dispell someone. I tiny icon in the corner on the raid frmae is just not doing it for me.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    The way my raid-frames are set up; a debuff only shows if I have the ability to dispel it. It shows in the bottom left corner. My buffs on targets show on the bottom right corner, so it's easy to differentiate. I was using grid for a while and had it place a color-coded dot in a corner, but with standard Blizz raid frames I don't see a problem and am generally first on dispels.

Another alternative could be Decursive. I used it a while back but don't really need it anymore.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...decursive.aspx
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Set-up to only show dispellable buffs, and resized to be a bit bigger I find bliz frames to be easy to use. I use Clique instead of healbot, maybe that won't be borked on the PTR? Only issue with bliz frames is the first time you see a de-buff it's hard to know what it is and if you should cure or dispell, though I'm not sure if that's and issue for Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ajanu View Post
    Set-up to only show dispellable buffs, and resized to be a bit bigger I find bliz frames to be easy to use. I use Clique instead of healbot, maybe that won't be borked on the PTR? Only issue with bliz frames is the first time you see a de-buff it's hard to know what it is and if you should cure or dispell, though I'm not sure if that's and issue for Shaman.
    It's not, since our only dispel does Curse and Magic. See a debuff, Cleanse Spirit and GG.

On my priest, yeah it's a bit of a pain because I can't tell if it's a disease or magic and both of those require different spells to remove. When my priest was my main in WotLK, I used Grid and had it change the players bar to green if it was disease, blue if it was magic.

Thanks for the input guys. I have my frames setup the same way I t attentionbetter hink my issue is that with healbot I could tell if I needed to dispel someone if I was looking at the frames or not because a huge box on my screen would turn from green to white. I just want something that will catch my attention better but I think I will need an adding for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decursive plays an audible sound when debuffs go out.

Deleted
    DCR or Decursive, to write it out, also have Purge and Hex bound.
    It will alert you when someone is mindcontrolled, so that you can remove it because it becomes hostile.
    Hex is for the 2nd boss in ICC where mindcontrol is immune to dispell, and you're suposed to CC the target for the duration.

Yes, it's awesome and user-friendly. Requiers no edit or setupconfiguration, more than moving it to preferable spot in your UI. Above my grid for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Decursive plays an audible sound when debuffs go out.
    Oooh I love addons that play sounds! Going to give it a try, thanks for the suggestion.
    Reddfoxx the Warrior | @ReddfoxxMX | SWTOR Sentinel Reddfoxx, Marauder Reddfox @ The Harbinger Server