Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Difficulty of Firelands

Has anything been released as to how the difficulty/gating of Firelands will compare to 4.0 raids?

I feel like the 13 heroics were quite the grind and have put me in favor of a gated system (Like ICC).
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

If its only 7-8 bosses(meaning no other small raid with it) My guess is it would have to be equally equivalent in difficulty just to stand a chance.

As long as nearly every fight doesn't revolve around constant interrupts to be successful, they can make it as difficult as they want.

I'm just sick of gimmicky fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Carador View Post
    As long as nearly every fight doesn't revolve around constant interrupts to be successful, they can make it as difficult as they want.
    im with this
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crutches View Post
    Yeah, tank'n'spank lets me put out fat dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Carador View Post
    This 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times this i can't stress enough how much i hate this game where i have to wind shear
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Crutches View Post
    please elaborate on what fights are gimmicky in the current tier?

OT: hope it will be on par with har modes of current content.

I've been quite satisfied with the difficulty of the first tier content, both regular and heroic, so I hope they keep that up!

like the gated system? do you want to be done with your raid the first night? ICC wasnt the best i remember killing all the first 4 bosses in 1 night then didnt feel like i should raid the rest of the nights

Deleted
    I predict that the first bosses aren't too hard. Probably something that's very doable in heroic blues / welfare epics with justice points even with somewhat sloppier tactics. I'd like the first bosses - if you are in about full 359 - be about the level of normal Al'akir and Cho'gall, but they'll probably be easier. Normal modes shouldn't be too hard really though. Current difficulty is in my opinion awesome, and I hope they can keep it up - ie increase it just enough that the total difficulty won't change too much with the new higher level gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its too hard people will complain, if its too easy people will complain, hard core raiders will complain is theres a gate system, but then they will also complain if theres an open system, casual people will complain 5 mans are too hard, raiders will complain 5 mans are too easy, everyone will complain about 5 mans in general, hard core pvps will complain about arena balance, casual pvps will complain about BG balance, overall pvps will complain about balance in general although the ladders have the most diverse comps ever. Firelands cant wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    If its too hard people will complain, if its too easy people will complain, hard core raiders will complain is theres a gate system, but then they will also complain if theres an open system, casual people will complain 5 mans are too hard, raiders will complain 5 mans are too easy, everyone will complain about 5 mans in general, hard core pvps will complain about arena balance, casual pvps will complain about BG balance, overall pvps will complain about balance in general although the ladders have the most diverse comps ever. Firelands cant wait for it.
    I wish you could "Favourite" posts, because this one would make it onto my list. +100 internets.

i lol'd when i saw difficulty pertaining to something in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhaven View Post
    I lol'd when you killed pre nerf m'uru
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Because you're so awesome? Proof plz. Or just because you like to try and make people feel bad about playing a game?

Deleted
    To be honest, I'd like Firelands to have a slightly better difficulty curve overall.

On normal mode: Easy first bosses, but with a clear progression path and increase in difficulty.

On Heroic mode: Challening obviously, but not borderline stupid like some of T11. 10 mans need to have the fight mechanics adjusted, not just the numbers. Overall slightly easier than T11 please, but again with a clear progression path.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    I love you.

Tbh I think a lot of people are underestimating the impact bis 372 will have on the overall difficulty of the encounters. Of course the current tier was rather hard and long due to the non existent gating but also people were used to start a new tier with the best possible equipment available which often seems forgotten.

The term difficulty can refer to many aspects of the game.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2011-03-31 at 01:20 AM.

Deleted, pls delete mods.

User was infracted for this post. It doesn't matter if you delete it, don't flame or troll others.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-03-31 at 01:38 AM.