Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i lvl'ed alchemy and make potions instead, jc is just for the gem buffs.

So many people have Jc now its realy not that profitable, espcially now because you dont have the turnover on gear that you had with wrath. people dont need gems quite as often either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    i lvl'ed alchemy and make potions instead, jc is just for the gem buffs.

So many people have Jc now its realy not that profitable, espcially now because you dont have the turnover on gear that you had with wrath. people dont need gems quite as often either.
    Im on a medium pop server, tons of people with JC. Its still extremely profitable, you just have to spend more time undercutting/relisting. I no longer get 15-25k a day just from gems, but the uncut gems has become so cheap the profit stays the same.

As for best selling gem:
    Delicate inferno ruby
    Brilliant ------.---------
    Bold -----------.---------
    Defenders demonseye
    Willfull Amethrine

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't sell any cuts except Inferno Ruby variations.

Everybody and their mother has a friend or guild member that is a JC. I just post uncut gems that sell immidiately instead of playing the undercutting and reposting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post
    Sales:
    Brilliant Inferno Ruby: 29.7k
    Bold Inferno Ruby: 27.6k
    Delicate Inferno Ruby: 25.7k
    u have an addon to track that?

Probably Ocean Sapphires, Solid and Sparkling although you wouldn't need a JC to make money with these as they well for sub 10g on any day except Wednsday when the price goes up to as high as 100g, my realm is pretty harsh though, you will need to be quite aggressive with selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephy View Post
    u have an addon to track that?
    Yes, I use Beancounter.

Highest volume would always be the reds, but they are unprofitable now thanks to reckless undercutters (49g for a Brilliant...really?!). I've found that oranges/purples frequently used to fill socket bonuses can easily fetch 80g+ and still sell well. Agility+hit, intellect+spirit, strength+crit, etc. Also I've found that scrub cuts (stuff no competent theorycrafter would ever use, but bads seem to gobble up) sell really well too: expertise+hit, intellect+stamina, mastery+hit, etc. Feels dirty buying them, but it all feels better when you sell them for 120g each with no competition.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

I used to make a killing crafting elementium guardians, about 1k in mats, sold for over 4k fast... then it dried up, almost overnight. I have 4 I keep re-listing hoping to just break even on.

Right now there's no one big seller, even the top reds are very little to no margin. So i sit on stuff till i see an opening. It's not the $$ days of wrath for certain

Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post
    Yes, I use Beancounter.
    mysales works a lot better imo

also cant seem to keep nightmare tears in stock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    Heh on mine, reds are down to 50-55g and the others generally ~30 (with blues, yellows, and greens sub 10). I've seen green and yellow as low as 4g for cut versions... lol.
    They vendor for more than that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Highest volume would always be the reds, but they are unprofitable now thanks to reckless undercutters (49g for a Brilliant...really?!).
    Buy them and re-list @ ~90 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    They vendor for more than that!
    No they don't, rare quality gems sell for 3.75g in cut version.... The common gems sell for 9g per cut gem.

Quote Originally Posted by valdren View Post
    Buy them and re-list @ ~90 ?
    Kind of hard when they post a ton of them, and their bot immediately re-lists at 50g as soon as you buy out to repost. It is not profitable to spend several thousand gold just to shut down a bot for a few hours until they can bot more to restock on raw mats.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Fine Ember Topaz ... they were going for like 250G a cut several days ago... Too bad they are down to like 50g

Bold scarlet ruby, brilliant scarlet ruby, solid sky sapphire. I found on my server these sell like hotcakes at 40g to 46g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inferno ruby ones (brilliant,delicate and bold... precise has a less demand) for other gems the price is ok until.. someone undercuts for 40g and then next 10 ppl undercut him even more..

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Priestamgpwn View Post
    Inferno ruby ones (brilliant,delicate and bold... precise has a less demand) for other gems the price is ok until.. someone undercuts for 40g and then next 10 ppl undercut him even more..
    Some people just shouldn't be let near the AH. They ruin it for everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Delicate Inferno Ruby
    Fierce Ember Topaz

Red cuts sell for the most, but oranges/purples have the highest profit margin so I've found. I buy the uncut oranges/purples/yellows/blues/greens for 10-12g apiece, and they sell for between 40 (my auction profit master threshold) to 75g regularly, and some obscure cuts go more than that when others aren't posting a ton. It is all very automated, and I make 1k/day on blues alone.

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    mysales works a lot better imo
    I will give it a try again. I tried it several months ago, but it was still too unstable, so I stopped using it.