Hey there kids! Its your favorite rookie with a question about PSU placement!

So I have these two things...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-020-_-Product

And

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-237-_-Product

Now with this case, the PSU sits on the bottom, and it has a bracket to hold it in place. The problem is that with this configuration the fan will be facing the bottom of the computer, towards an air vent on the floor of the computer. Is this alright? I heard that you need to have it facing the inside of the computer but it seems a bit weird now that it would be set up like this. Any help would be awesome.

You can put it in upside down.

Usually, PSU fan is actually meant to face down; if you have ventilation at the bottom of your case that is. Very good PSU btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
    Usually, PSU fan is actually meant to face down; if you have ventilation at the bottom of your case that is. Very good PSU btw.
    You'd want to face up if you sit it on the carpet or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    You'd want to face up if you sit it on the carpet or something.
    True, but you shouldn't be placing a computer on a carpet in the first place imo, especially if it means you'll have to face the fan the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawe View Post
    True, but you shouldn't be placing a computer on a carpet in the first place imo, especially if it means you'll have to face the fan the other way.
    Sometimes some people don't have a choice. And then this happens:

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes some people don't have a choice. And then this happens:

Dust frequently - > Profit. We have an incredible amount of pet hair on the floor, and my room collects dust rather quickly. I dust once every other day, my GPU, my heatsink, and my case fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Dust frequently - > Profit. We have an incredible amount of pet hair on the floor, and my room collects dust rather quickly. I dust once every other day, my GPU, my heatsink, and my case fan.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...41TGZKZSF9HTR3

I dust daily ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.amazon.com/Swiffer-360-Du...537890&sr=8-34

>.> I feel so insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I started to use it to dry my hands too.

Great for dusting the car's nav screen and such too.

Dusting daily is.... err, overkill. Even in my dusty-ass house, I dust only once a month, if that, and performance never wavers :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Dusting daily is.... err, overkill. Even in my dusty-ass house, I dust only once a month, if that, and performance never wavers :P
    NEVER GONNA let them settle. Electrostatic has a tendency of making really stubborn dust.

NEVER GONNA let them settle. Electrostatic has a tendency of making really stubborn dust.
    Is that vacuum an anti-static vacuum? Been looking into them, but they've been a little on the too-expensive side.

I've been using a Cooler master ATCS 840 for some time, it's got filters on every single intake. Haven't had to dust it off once on the inside.
    I've got the PSU facing down in that one aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Is that vacuum an anti-static vacuum? Been looking into them, but they've been a little on the too-expensive side.
    Nope, works just fine, use a light brush to dislodge the slightly tougher stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyres View Post
    Now with this case, the PSU sits on the bottom, and it has a bracket to hold it in place. The problem is that with this configuration the fan will be facing the bottom of the computer, towards an air vent on the floor of the computer. Is this alright? I heard that you need to have it facing the inside of the computer but it seems a bit weird now that it would be set up like this. Any help would be awesome.
    In the old cases where PSU is at the top the design idea was that PSU sucks hot air from the case and blows it out from the back. In modern cases the PSU is on it's own loop usually, pulling air in through the hole at the bottom of the case and blowing it out from the back, while case fans handle the airflow for the rest of the components.

Bottom PSU is currently more popular because it allows higher heat for all other PC components without killing the PSU from overheating. If you have overclocked CPU and dual graphics cards all that heat would go through top PSU and heat it easily 20-30C more even under best circumstances, and that extra 30C is often fatal for cheap-ass 500W+ PSUs. On the bottom position you just flip the PSU over, screw holes usually prevent installing it other way around in a configuration where it pulls hot air from inside the case.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    If its against a vent that is far better. What is better, exhausting the hot air of the PSU into the case, or straight out of a vent ? The cooling is more efficient with the PSU on the bottom of the case as the air flow is not obscured around the CPU. Make sure you cables are tidy!