Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Valiona and Theralion 10 Heroic Help

Hello Internet, my raid group started V&T 10 Heroic yesterday and we managed to get them to 35% our best attempt on 15 tries. I just wanna confirm that we do everything correct because our healers get oom so I'm sure we can improve on some points.

Raid Comp:
    2 Tanks (DK, Warrior)
    3 Healers (Druid, Paladin, Priest)
    5 DPS (Destruction Warlock, Survival Hunter, Fire Mage, Elemental Shaman, Subtlety Rogue)

Valiona Phase:

She is pulled the face near the middle of the room, the raid around her, stacking up for blackouts on the tank in her face with Aura Mastery and Power Word:Barrier. This pahse is going good except the second time when the rift blasts are giving trouble to our healers.

Theralion Phase:

He is at the center of the room, having shaman, mage, hunter, druid and priest spread around the room on the line on the floor giving us 6 people in ranged. Our rogue is in the Twilight Realm killing adds and he get there by staying on a dazzling destruction circle. The off-tank, warlock and paladin are stacked on the tank and stays there to soak twilight meteorites and goes on the ass of the dragon when the tank is near to be ported. The rogue come back when the tank hits 4 stacks, get healed and returns in the twilight realm with the tank.

Is there something we can do to lower damage taken? Here is our best attempt log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=8648&e=9043

Thanks for your help, the last time I asked help here for Omnotron we killed it the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tushazkk View Post
    Hello Internet, my raid group started V&T 10 Heroic yesterday and we managed to get them to 35% our best attempt on 15 tries. I just wanna confirm that we do everything correct because our healers get oom so I'm sure we can improve on some points.

Raid Comp:
    2 Tanks (DK, Warrior)
    3 Healers (Druid, Paladin, Priest)
    5 DPS (Destruction Warlock, Survival Hunter, Fire Mage, Elemental Shaman, Subtlety Rogue)

Valiona Phase:

She is pulled the face near the middle of the room, the raid around her, stacking up for blackouts on the tank in her face with Aura Mastery and Power Word:Barrier. This pahse is going good except the second time when the rift blasts are giving trouble to our healers.

Theralion Phase:

He is at the center of the room, having shaman, mage, hunter, druid and priest spread around the room on the line on the floor giving us 6 people in ranged. Our rogue is in the Twilight Realm killing adds and he get there by staying on a dazzling destruction circle. The off-tank, warlock and paladin are stacked on the tank and stays there to soak twilight meteorites and goes on the ass of the dragon when the tank is near to be ported. The rogue come back when the tank hits 4 stacks, get healed and returns in the twilight realm with the tank.

Is there something we can do to lower damage taken? Here is our best attempt log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=8648&e=9043

Thanks for your help, the last time I asked help here for Omnotron we killed it the next day.
    Raid dps seems a little low, you guys are wiping at 35% because healers are going oom it could be a dps issue.

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 01:36 PM ----------

Also I noticed on your 35% wipe the only healing you did was from healthstone, if healers are going oom you should drop healing rains to help out.

Your dps is very low... And a hunter on 15 k dps? sup with that?

I know our DPS is low, just look the rogue that was doing his first time with subtlety spec... But what i want to know is if we can improve the strategy to have less problem with rift blasts damage or other things. And yes our raid DPS is low, we have to improve that on every fights. Its not a problem that can stop us killing this boss when we will be more comfortable with the fight. Can't tell for the hunter... Is it possible for the rogue to continue going there alone on assassination with 2 points in recuperate and 2 points in deadly brew also? Don't really want to wait he catch this spec for a long time.

Okey then, we are having 1 tank, so thats an extra dps. We are also having a rogue and a shadowpriest jump down and get all the adds down. And i believe the warlock would do more dmg as affliction and dubbel dot the dragons, but iam not sure about that (: And if u have Big Wigs , u can se a waring when rift blast is targeting you, so u can acully move away from it before it hits.

sorry for any spelling misstakes.

Maybe i ment twilight blast dunno x)
    Last edited by Relive; 2011-03-31 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Then again, one night isn't very long. Give it time. I expect you to have downed something else than just Halfus so the gear should be nice enough for some higher dps, and that will come when every get a feel for the fight.
    Btw from the look of the logs you're really stressing the healers during Blackouts, might want to figure out a way to not be that grouped for that long, the Twilight Blast is killing you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I haven't done V&T on Heroic but are there adds to be AoE'd by that hunter? Why is he Survival when he should pick MM or BM instead. Doing Heroic modes that hunter should easily do 20k+, that helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    I haven't done V&T on Heroic but are there adds to be AoE'd by that hunter? Why is he Survival when he should pick MM or BM instead. Doing Heroic modes that hunter should easily do 20k+, that helps a lot.
    Yep, 20 k + shouldnt be a problem and neither should 23 k be if he gets engulful flame atleast once.

Alright, i will ask the hunter to change for MM or BM. But i guess killing more adds in the twilight realms and have less damagable blackouts will help us

Deleted
    Your rogue is not killing the adds fast enough. Other dmg is somewhat irrelevant as the enrage timer is really long. There is a direct correlation between dmg taken and how the person/people do in the twillight realm.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-03-31 at 02:29 PM.

lol, of course, healing was so high. But can the rogue do it alone without being subtlety or we have to get more people in there if he is not.

1. Use bloodlust at the start because people's trinkets and other procs are active.

2. The dpsers who arent pre-potting should.

3. DPS isn't great, but the enrage timer is really long. Make sure everyone knows that you can and should use dots on both dragons since they share health pool.

4. You don't need anyone but the rogue to kill adds, and it trivializes the fight to always have 9 people upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    You don't need anyone but the rogue to kill adds.
    Subtlety only?

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 10:36 AM ----------

That rogue have a lot of top 200 damage, it is like 13k less damage he is doing in subtlety spec so i would really like him to not be that spec he cant seem to play ok

Deleted
    Don't know for the other players, but the destro warlock is only pulling 17k.
    During our tries I was pulling ~25k with equivalent gear

We did it with a subtlety rogue soloing adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tushazkk View Post
    Subtlety only?
    Yes. He should use a spec with all the survivability talents and stuff.

Someone mentioned that they do this fight with 1 tank on heroic. How exactly?

With some higher DPS, its possible to not get a third Blackout doing Valiona phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Emohugs View Post
    With some higher DPS, its possible to not get a third Blackout doing Valiona phase.
    Do you mean that hey change health% base and not time base? If it is the case fuck im dumb to not know it. Going to check it right away.

No info found for the health phase change...
    Last edited by Tushaz; 2011-03-31 at 03:11 PM.

That's bullshit. In the second Valiona -> Theralion and any further Valiona -> Theralion transitions (if you'll get any), there'll always be a third blackout. Only in the first Valiona phase you'll have 2 blackouts.

Hunter should be MM probs
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]