Thread: geforce gtx 460

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    as long as i can find a decent case for an atx motherboard shouldnt i be fine with everything isnt it as simple as unscrewing the board reconnecting everything new psu vid card ram an all that stuff not being a smart ass but isnt it just screwing the board back into place plugging a few things in as long as the case is the right size

Quote Originally Posted by uncivil82 View Post
    as long as i can find a decent case for an atx motherboard shouldnt i be fine with everything isnt it as simple as unscrewing the board reconnecting everything new psu vid card ram an all that stuff not being a smart ass but isnt it just screwing the board back into place plugging a few things in as long as the case is the right size
    Yup it very well may be that simple these days. I remember trying to transplant a few Dell systems years back and they were form fitted to "their" cases and would not fit elsewhere. If it is simply listed as an ATX form motherboard then it should transplant just fine, but keep in mind that though building a new case (and basically computer) is not hard, it is also not simple. Make sure you do the proper research on a more tech related forum before you just go head first into it

10+ Year Old Account
    oh it's not me doing it i'd fuck it up somehow a buddy of mine is doing it lol

Quote Originally Posted by uncivil82 View Post
    ok so forget low profile didnt no i had this option basically i found out that my board is whats called an atx board im going to get a bigger deell tower/case an basically eliminate the low profile issue an just go all out beefy card any suggestions on what to throw in there i mainly play SC2 and WOW on good settings with the ati 5450 i have now i wanna bump those to ultra with the exception of shadow quality so any suggestions please and ty my budget is around 300$
    bought the gtx cyclone 460 for 180$ a week ago, can run rift on ultra (much more demanding than wow) so that should do fine

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    bought the gtx cyclone 460 for 180$ a week ago, can run rift on ultra (much more demanding than wow) so that should do fine
    Edit: since you have a small case, may want to check what type of power supply you have... 300 watt, 500 watt etc. The cards in your price range are supported by 500+ watt psu's, so you may need to buy a new one (bought a 600 for 80$ myself)

Further Edit: Using 1920x1200 resolution, along with the fact that anything past 30 fps in a raiding environment is considered overkill (at least in my opinion) since anything past 30 fps to the human eye isn't necessary.
    Last edited by Solarshot; 2011-03-31 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    I will give you an example..during Chim Heroic, in a feud, where every single person is blowing every AoE heal and ground effect that they have, in a 25 man raid, your 460 will lag, and it will lag hard. If you don't believe me, try it out for yourself on Ultra @1080p.
    Thats your CPU lagging. not your graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    Thats your CPU lagging. not your graphics card.
    i7-930 at 4.0 doesn't bottleneck a 460..if there's no bottleneck then it has to be the GPU. Simple proof would be that I recently added a 2nd 460 for SLI (yes it works well now with the new SLI profiles in latest drivers) and the lag during Chim is gone.

I found a deal on a 460 SE (Low profile) if that's what you're still looking for

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVGA-01G-P3-1366...item3f089f6a7d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrowwind View Post
    I found a deal on a 460 SE (Low profile) if that's what you're still looking for

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVGA-01G-P3-1366...item3f089f6a7d
    EVGA doesn't offer a Low Profile GTX 460 SE according to their product pages.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinf...01G-P3-1366-TR
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO