Thread: Bgs

Deleted

Bgs

As you can see from the title of this thread, im bored to hell of arenas =P My partner kinda ruined it for me xD. However im probably just going to be doing Rbgs and Bgs. Was just wondering if it would be more benificial to play as disc which i have been playing for arena and ever since i hit 85. Or switch to holy?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try all 3 specs. Holy's big advantages are Holy Word: Chastise and Body and Soul.
    But if you really want to have stronger offensive abilities try a heal/dps hybrid in Shadow spec. Shadow spec has the advantage of lots of mana regen, more damage, average heals, a dot that aoe fears on dispel, Mind Flay as a damage/snare that also stacks Dark Archangel which regens a whopping 25% of your mana versus Archangel's 5%. You also have a shorter cooldown on fiend which is further reduced by Mind Flay. Just stay out of Shadow form, heal when you need to, shield, and in between put VT on people and Flay them. If you get focused you can Disperse and hopefully help is on the way. You still have access to signature Priest abilites as Shadow like Leap of Faith and Divine Hymn.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can play Battlegrounds fine as either spec, which is the beauty of this side of PvP. That being said, Holy might be more versatile than Discipline, giving it a (small) edge. I'll say what I always say: "Play the spec YOU like."
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Thanks, i was just wondering if holy had a big advantage over disc, enough to start playing as holy, but in that case ill go disc =D

Deleted
    I've been PvPing as Holy since Cata - Disc didn't work for me, which broke my heart slighty as I love the whole idea of Disc.

But, but, but...even after getting used to some of the nice holy tricks I decided to spec back to disc the other night to see what it was like - much better...mana didn't seem to be as much of a problem, survivability seemed much better, healing seemed more effective because shield is instant...and Holy Fire/Smite healing was fun.