Heroic Halfus as Destro

Can anyone who pulls at least 65k dps on Heroic 25 man Halfus as destro please give some input? I pulled about 55k as Demonology, but I feel like this is pretty low, and wondering if I can do better as destro.

Off the pull, are you casting Bane of Havoc on Halfus? Or on one of the drakes? Assuming we're killing Time Warden first, are you single targeting the Time Warden while standing on top of the whelps and casting Shadowflame/Shadowfury on cooldown, along with an infernal cast? Are you bothering with Rain of Fire, or are you strictly single targeting one of the drakes and then using your Shadowflame/Shadowfury on cooldown?

I personally, DPS Halfus at the beginning of the fight. This is because the other drakes are not active for a few seconds. Once the drakes are positioned in the middle of the room and become in range, I place Havoc on Halfus and single target the drake kill order. If the whelps are active I wait till they are in put into the middle, place bane of agony or doom on one of the whelps and summon my Infernal on top of them. I also use Shadowflame on cooldown on the whelps.

I've pulled 60k doing this. Honestly I believe the heart of this problem lies around the bloodlust/heroism usage. If the infernal was summoned and a bloodlust occurred while the adds we're still up, then this might be better dps then saving it for after all the adds die. That's how we do the encounter anyway.

I would research WOL and take a look at when their groups use Bloodlust, and maybe suggest it to your raid leader.
    < Who is John Galt > - REALM: US - HYJAL
    Mythic Progression Guild

>> Website
    >> Progress
    APPLY NOW!

Thanks for the reply. Heroic Halfus is generally a 1-shot for us (unless we're trying recruits), so I know I don't have to worry about threat as long as I wait a few seconds for the tanks to get aggro.

We lust at the end after all the drakes/whelps are dead for the final burn phase, so of course as demonology, I'm going to miss out on some awesomeness that I'd get as destruction. I think this past week I forgot to summon the infernal, so I wonder how much of a dps loss that would account for. I don't think it's 10k though.