Electrostatic Condenser Worth It??

After reading some of the reviews on this(http://www.wowhead.com/spell=95703#comments) it doesnt seem that it is worth a shit. Can anyone confirm this has gotten any better?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Not worth it, its still shit. if you are already engineer by all means go for it but if you have another profession don't drop it to get engineering just for this crap.

It's worth making when you first get it while you're leveling the profession as its a fairly cheap way of getting 5 skill points. Otherwise it just depends on how much you mine; the market value on Volatile Air is typically high enough that you'll make the costs back fairly quickly even though the effect the condenser is pretty lousy.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I made it while I was leveling up Engineering, and have just kept it in my bags since then. Like others have said, its not worth it to just use that one item on the decision for a profession swap, but id like to think its a decent enough perk for actually leveling up engineering for other reasons.

Agree with previous posters. It's worth it for a cheap 5 skill points.

It will give you a few volatiles if you mine on the toon a lot, but not enough to make it worth going for over a second gathering profession if you're looking at making gold.