Lightbulb Bear Critique - Friendly Advice

Hey there MMO Champ Community!

Long time reader, first time poster, I was curious if i could get some feedback on my Bear tank. I have tanked all heroics, as well as Baradin Hold. I have very little issues with holding threat unless the DPS i am grouped with is really geared. Any-who, I would really appreciate it if a few Bear Veterans, or tanks in general could have a quick look at my Tank and post their thoughts/opinions on how i could better my Gear/Gems/Chants.

I am currently trying for a few more pieces of heroic blue gear, ie head, neck, chest and bracers, but i think i have the right idea.

As i am new here i cannot post my armory link, but my druids name is Rekuiem <Zion> on Duskwood - US

Any feedback and help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

-Rekuiem

10+ Year Old Account
    The sticky in this forum will give you plenty of advice on how to go about gearing yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekuiem1991 View Post
    Hey there MMO Champ Community!

Long time reader, first time poster, I was curious if i could get some feedback on my Bear tank. I have tanked all heroics, as well as Baradin Hold. I have very little issues with holding threat unless the DPS i am grouped with is really geared. Any-who, I would really appreciate it if a few Bear Veterans, or tanks in general could have a quick look at my Tank and post their thoughts/opinions on how i could better my Gear/Gems/Chants.

I am currently trying for a few more pieces of heroic blue gear, ie head, neck, chest and bracers, but i think i have the right idea.

As i am new here i cannot post my armory link, but my druids name is Rekuiem <Zion> on Duskwood - US

Any feedback and help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

-Rekuiem
    If I were you, my main aim would be to replace those trinkets. Maybe get a stamina and dodge trinket, you should try to find a place between having enough health combined with enough mitigation. Once you've got around 30% (give or take) dodge then I'd start geming towards +30 Stam/+30 Agi or depending on what the slot is. I'm pretty sure you can pick up a few Epic peices now for around 3/4000 which would definately help, not to mention working on reputation. Over all, good use with the gems, I'd reforge into more mastery or hit/exp for TPS but again, that's your choice and depends if your raid/group is dps hungry instead of going full out dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Conditional View Post
    If I were you, my main aim would be to replace those trinkets. Maybe get a stamina and dodge trinket, you should try to find a place between having enough health combined with enough mitigation. Once you've got around 30% (give or take) dodge then I'd start geming towards +30 Stam/+30 Agi or depending on what the slot is. I'm pretty sure you can pick up a few Epic peices now for around 3/4000 which would definately help, not to mention working on reputation. Over all, good use with the gems, I'd reforge into more mastery or hit/exp for TPS but again, that's your choice and depends if your raid/group is dps hungry instead of going full out dodge.
    Thanks alot! Great advice, yeah i have a few stam trinkets, the alchemist stone and trinket from H stone core.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't checked your armory, and I'm not sure how good mastery is for you. However, I just got the Mirror trinket from TB on my prot pally and I love it. The on use effect really comes in handy on a lot of fights. With kings up, it boosts my magic resistance up to 47% for 8 seconds, on a 1 min CD. Really awesome trinket.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

By myself I use symbiotic worm and Vial of stolen memories.
    You should use dodge/stam gem on two slots to get meta gem word. Otherwise I have reforged everything to dodge.
    If you are having treath problems, ask your dpsers to use their treath reducing abilities, for instance invisibility.
    For now, you should gear, gem and etc for surviving not for treath imo.
    And when you are reforging, reforge crit rather than master if you need to chose from those.

Link to my gear if you wanna check out how I have done with my gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rofmoon/simple

Edit. And yeah, when you are looking for gear, take gear with crit and mastery. They are best. And dont ever even think about any rings or relics which dont have agility on them.
    Lol

I would use the mastery to gloves over exp and ag to bracers. You can get the earthen ring helm enchant right now too with your rep. Besides that don't look bad. I would gem alittle different but it is not wrong and know a few bears that gem the same way. The only threat problems I ever have is if I miss my 1st attack. Threat has never really been a problem that I have seen. Maybe if a fire mage gets alot of crits off the back then yall threat could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Conditional View Post

No. Read the bear sticky by Reesi and Arielle on the wow forums; they both are very accurate in the information they provide. Never(tm)-Until you reach heroic raid gearing levels and expertise to cap finally passes crit for mitigation--reforge for anything but dodge. Do not touch mastery for reforging; Dodge> Mastery > Exp(to cap)* (tm-Takes ALOT of gear for this to pass crit) >= Crit > Exp(Past Cap) >> Hit >>> Haste

For trinkets I usually go with a mitigation trinket (Fluid) and a Stam/Mitigation (Vial). Heroic fights I switch to Stam/Stam trinkets (Worm/Vial). Until I get more heroic gear I will keep my solid chimera's in; once I get enough stam I will change them back to Delicate.

Mitigation > Threat 99.9% of the time; the .1% It isn't is bleeding edge content.

My armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/vayash/advanced