10+ Year Old Account

Help with Priorities!

Hey MMO-Champers,
    I need some help! I have a problem with priorities. I have a bunch of games I want to beat while juggling WoW (Leveling mage to 85 and 85 PPally) So I'm asking you guys and gals to help me come up with tips and tricks you guys use to prioritize games while playing an MMO and you can even give me a list of which games I should beat first! I warn you, I have really been falling behind so some of the games might piss you off because I haven't beaten them yet

List of Games:
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Red Dead Redemption
    Bioshock (Sorry!)
    God of War I & 2 (Sorry again!)
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Don't hate)
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I&II
    The Witcher (Might need a better computer)
    Oblivion
    Morrowind
    And there are a few more that aren't that important to me right now. Keep in mind I'd like to beat games in order so if there are sequels I need to beat the first one first, obviously.

So please give me a few pointers or strategies you use to handle multiple gaming situations and prioritize my list!
    Quitting WoW is harder than you think.

Well this might make it worse for you but portal 2 next month :O

I just play whatever i feel like playing. Some games dont get finished but hey if i had fun does it matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's true, but I want to beat these games but can't seem to pull myself away from WoW haha. Portal 2 isn't on my priority list seeing as I still haven't beaten the first one

Deleted
    I saw the trailer for Portal 2.. Im confused.. What kinda game is it?

I wish I had this problem. Lucky soandso

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    I wish I had this problem. Lucky soandso
    Can you explainz?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    I saw the trailer for Portal 2.. Im confused.. What kinda game is it?
    Its what portal 1 was a puzzle solver

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaSD View Post
    Hey MMO-Champers,
    I need some help! I have a problem with priorities. I have a bunch of games I want to beat while juggling WoW (Leveling mage to 85 and 85 PPally) So I'm asking you guys and gals to help me come up with tips and tricks you guys use to prioritize games while playing an MMO and you can even give me a list of which games I should beat first! I warn you, I have really been falling behind so some of the games might piss you off because I haven't beaten them yet

List of Games:
    Red Dead Redemption
    Bioshock (Sorry!)
    God of War I & 2 (Sorry again!)
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Don't hate)
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I&II
    The Witcher (Might need a better computer)
    Oblivion
    Morrowind
    And there are a few more that aren't that important to me right now. Keep in mind I'd like to beat games in order so if there are sequels I need to beat the first one first, obviously.

So please give me a few pointers or strategies you use to handle multiple gaming situations and prioritize my list!
    If you are a Star Wars and Bioware fan, play the KOTOR games. They are awesome. Mass Effect 1 and 2 are classics as well. Dragon Age: Origins is great but I hear DA2 is not as good.
    The Assassin's Creed series is pretty awesome and I highly recommend it. I would only do the minimum to get through the story of the first one, though--it was quite repetitive but its still fun and gives you the background for AC2 and ACB.
    Bioshock 1 and 2 would be my next recommendation if you like FPS thrillers.
    For hack-n-slash, play all 3 God of Wars.
    The rest I wouldn't stress about, personally, but that's just my opinion. I'm not a fan of Oblivion, Morrowind, or New Vegas.
    My wife absolutely loved Red Dead Redemption, as did most people, but I never played it.
    Never played The Witcher so I can't help you there.

As for how to go about making time for these, I struggle with the same problem. I play WoW so much that I have games like Uncharted 2 (until last week), Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Halo Wars, Kung Fu Panda (say what you will, it actually got decent reviews...and I freaking love that movie), The Godfather 2 (though I hear I didn't miss much), Borderlands, Assassin's Creed 2 (watched my wife play it while I played WoW), Final Fantasy XIII, and many other good games either still in shrink-wrap (literally) or barely played (like once).

Like I said, I played UC2 last week and beat it. This week, I am all about Crysis 2. I make myself not turn on my laptop and fire up the XB360 or PS3 to get me into it.
    Opulence. I has it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man much appreciated, I just pretty much need to not start up WoW haha. I don't blame ya for just recently beating Uncharted 2 as I have yet to beat it myself, but I did watch my roommate beat it last year so maybe that counts. It might sound lame, but I started a Toodledo account and put a bunch of games on there and started prioritizing them.

I've beaten AC1&2 so all I have is brotherhood left, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with it as it's being quite nitpicky with the "stealthier" missions on me. I'm the farthest in that so that will be my current goal. As for KOTOR I'd like to beat it before TOR, but I doubt that will happen with the massiveness of the games.

Thanks for you're input btw!

Anybody else have any suggestions on time management with video games?

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaSD View Post
    Thanks man much appreciated, I just pretty much need to not start up WoW haha. I don't blame ya for just recently beating Uncharted 2 as I have yet to beat it myself, but I did watch my roommate beat it last year so maybe that counts. It might sound lame, but I started a Toodledo account and put a bunch of games on there and started prioritizing them.

I've beaten AC1&2 so all I have is brotherhood left, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with it as it's being quite nitpicky with the "stealthier" missions on me. I'm the farthest in that so that will be my current goal. As for KOTOR I'd like to beat it before TOR, but I doubt that will happen with the massiveness of the games.

Thanks for you're input btw!

Anybody else have any suggestions on time management with video games?
    Anytime.

If you are weary of spending the time (30+ hours each for the proper experience) on the older KOTORs, I would recommend checking out the story from them on the Star Wars wiki or something. That should give you a good enough primer for SWTOR. I'll give you one bit of advice though: Love Revan, for he is awesome.
    Opulence. I has it.

Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Go get them. Now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Go get them. Now.
    I has them. Just need to play them. Apparently Now...TY!

Short

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Bioshock
    God of War
    God of War 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    The Witcher
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Morrowind
    Oblivion
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

Long

Tried my best order them in time it takes to play (without breaking the order of sequels 1 -> 2). I haven't played God of War (no PlayStation 2/3) but that genre tends to produce small games.

There is more then a few games on there that I wouldn't even bother with, but I don't think you are looking for opinions on that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agree, Ass Effects are teh best. I'd start with them :P Completed them both more than three times, yet they offer something new everytime. And there's the new DLC for 2! Awakening or Arrival or something.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

BioShock is not that long of a game, and the storyline is great. If you can muster it, dedicate a night to sitting down and finishing this game. If you have a come and go attitude with it you will likely forget some cool things that make the storyline way more intriguing. There is no NewGame+ and very little replayability (maybe one or two more times through with a different weapon/plasmid setup).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! I appreciate the help! Yooya your list and reasoning behind it are quite sound, that may be my approach. It will knock down a few games (particularly the older ones) early and leave me to play the longer ones guilt free. Thanks again!