Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Double honor patch 4.1

Do you guys believe this is really needed imo gaining honor gear is fast as it is probaly faster than gaining heroic gear unless your lucky

Deleted
    No. Farming honor is quite the opposite of fast. If you're saying otherwise, your getting into lucky queues where you win 90% of the time. 7-15min wait time in queues, just to lose a random WSG after 30 min is nearly 1 hour wasted for 40-70 honor if being lucky. I hate lvling alts to lvl 85 and do the honor farming again (Since I CBA about PvE, I'm PvPing), and as it stands now, it's NOT fun - So I welcome this change.

Farming honor is god awful right now and will still be awful in 4.0.1.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i guess your point does make sense.. im dumb lol cause i only have one char i like to pvp with so i guess for the majority of players this would be good

this is great change, having several 85s myself, i've found it insanely hard to get them all into even Rare pvp gear, so this change will help me gather gear on all my toons much quicker, which lets face it, pvp is NOT fun unless your the one with the gear, you don't wanna be that fresh lvl 85 agianst Mr.Vicious Gladiator, plus even if noobs get there hands on pvp gear now, you'll be able to out skill them

10+ Year Old Account
    Blaming casuals for every change is the cool thing to do now.

Doubt doubling the honor gained will make a significant difference.

I also welcome it. My main is the main tank for my guild. That pretty much puts the majority of my alts in PvP mode and on non raid nights when I don't have anything to do I like to run battlegrounds and do some 2s. It is a huge pain and a huge time sink to get the gear just to PvP. It is much different in comparison to PvE where you can meet the bare requirements and still run raids where with PvP you need the -best- possible gear setup in order to stay alive and be competitive/useful.

honor is god slow to farm. Horde side have long queues...but win almost all of their games (post 4.0). Alliance have instant queues but lose almost all of their games (post 4.0). The chart that was posted saying Horde win 58% and ally win 42% was from older expansions...after cata hit things changed drastically. I used to try to get a random bg win on each of my characters once a day but lately it has taken me 4-6 hours per character to get a win. If it isn't a PvP weekend I can only manage 100-200 honor an hour (depending on if somebody heals me).

I welcome this change, I'm leveling a pvp pally right now, and knowing the bloodthirsty grind will be twice as fast makes me happy. It is too slow currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    ... I'm leveling a pvp pally right now...
    Masochist! Dont do it!

Welcome it. Grinding Bloodthirsty post-Tol Barad wintrading is horrible.

I skipped it on my Mage, and went from Crafted Blues to Vicious pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by drinkfaygo View Post
    honor is god slow to farm. Horde side have long queues...but win almost all of their games (post 4.0). Alliance have instant queues but lose almost all of their games (post 4.0). The chart that was posted saying Horde win 58% and ally win 42% was from older expansions...after cata hit things changed drastically. I used to try to get a random bg win on each of my characters once a day but lately it has taken me 4-6 hours per character to get a win. If it isn't a PvP weekend I can only manage 100-200 honor an hour (depending on if somebody heals me).
    You must play on an awful battlegroup. I play alliance and pvp on quite a few of my toons and win at least half the time. Even still, the honor gain is needed. I can run bgs for 6 hours and barely have enough honor to get one piece. I can chain run heroics for 6 hours and easily have enough for 2 pieces of gear. Also, while in a bg, you dont get drops, you dont have anything to supplement points. I run heroics, chances are at least one drop in that 6 hours is something I can use. This makes perfect sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightcloak View Post
    You must play on an awful battlegroup.
    I don't know why people still throw this statement around. There is only one battlegroup now, there's no such thing as 'your/my/her battlegroup' (unless it's US vs EU).

Quote Originally Posted by drinkfaygo View Post
    The BG's have always been somewhat equal in win ratio. Now is no different. Time of day, and RNG matters. I usually get a win in my first 3 BG's per day per toon on Alliance side.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    this is great change, having several 85s myself, i've found it insanely hard to get them all into even Rare pvp gear, so this change will help me gather gear on all my toons much quicker, which lets face it, pvp is NOT fun unless your the one with the gear, you don't wanna be that fresh lvl 85 agianst Mr.Vicious Gladiator, plus even if noobs get there hands on pvp gear now, you'll be able to out skill them
    Which begs the question: should they design for people with multiple level-capped chars or just for average one-char players?

This is a much needed change and I welcome it. Grinding out honor is a long and troublesome task..

So we will be gaining anywhere from 100-400 per BG game depending on win/loss?

They are probs makin easier for people to get geared for the next season as well

now if u could get cash while pvping... instead of doing PVE things like dailys and heroics...

PVP makes armor yellow and red like wipes do....

if we could just get passive cash for each KB or HK without looting it just goes right into your bag without having u to stop... then u get extra cash at the end depending if u win or lose