Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    Might be a bit off-topic but I'd rather avoid making another thread just for a small question - people that claim they use 4 healers, do you mean 4 healers and 2 tanks? As in, only 4 dps? Wouldn't having another dps speeding up p2 be more beneficial?
    Well, we have 4 Healers, one Tank and 5 DPS.
    If you go for a 2nd Tank, a DK would be the tank of your choice, because he can dps a little bit during p1&3. otherwise, you would def go for 3 healers 2 tanks and 5 dps.
    and it looks like (if you can handle it) that 3 healers, 1 tank and 6 dps is the best way to go

Don't need a tank if you have a DK dps. The Stormlings don't do much damage and a dps dk can easily tank it.

Deleted
    Make sure you don't get hit by the adds, it really is a pain to heal. When we did it we had group 1 as the group that didn't need much healing. We had a mage ice blocking away the debuff, we had paladins using bubble to reset the acid raid, we had rogues with cloak (don't know if it works), you get my point. Other than that it's just about not failing with the debuff and dps as fast as you can. We used tranqs and shields when the stacks went above 12. When we entered phase 3 I was absolutely oom and I'm sure my fellow healers were oom as well. Anyhow, we managed to kill Al'Akir 10 HC with 10 people alive and everyone ending up at 100% hp in the end since p3 is ridiculous.

And to answer Choda:
    We had 4 healers, 1 tank and 5 DPS at least.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Done him quite a few times using 3 healers (Shaman, priest (holy) & paladin). As already mentioned people getting hit by the add debuff matters ALOT. Everyone should get away from where he spawns asap, especially at higher stacks.

My guild killed Al'akir last night after roughly ~3 nights worth of progression. We tried it with 3 healers for a few attempts, and there is just absolutely no way unless your dps is insane and no one gets hit by ANYTHING.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Deleted
    Yeah, i know it's been answered, but I really don't think 2 tanks is viable in the slightest. Sure a dps dk or feral maybe assigned to the adds in p2, not never a prot / blood full tank tank.

is using a ret to ot the stormlings viable?

By stack reset classes do you mean the stack from the adds or the stack from big Al, (I have just now started this encounter on Herioc.)

He means being able to reset the ever-building stack of Acid Rain (does more and more damage the higher the stack.. it stacks slowly throughout phase 2).

We killed it last night after trying many different group setups, what finally worked:

Feral Druid Tank (Me)

Holy Paladin
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Priest

Ret Paladin (OTing stormlings)
    Frist DK
    2x Rogue
    Shadow Priest
    Fire Mage

The kill was 6:02